Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

This is another one of those unintended consequences whenever there is legislation about marriage.

VA has a similar thing in its constitution that it will not recognize nor grant any legal status to same sex marriages or civil unions. So, whenever spousal support/alimony is granted, can it be ended when the ex wife cohabits in a relationship analogous to marriage with another woman? It should be ended because most spousal support orders are terminated when the recipient shacks up with a lover.

I say, yes, it should end. What's the difference between her shacking up with a man or woman? None, to me...she's shacking up with a lover so terminate spousal support.

And, the VA Court of Appeals decided the same way in the summer of 2012, even though they don't grant any legal status to same sex relationships.

Unintended consequences when government gets its grubby fingers involved in marriage. It's not to fair to gays and lesbians, IMO, but I doubt many legislators saw how heterosexuals could also be screwed.

I hope the KS court is as wise as the VA court.

Last edited:
Go into court with the mother of your child and try to submit an order terminating your parental rights. They'll laugh at you.

Did mommy #2 not adopt? Because if she had legally adopted the baby, the state WOULD have terminated the parental rights/responsibilities of the dad.

But just 'deciding' that dad doesn't have to pay child support doesn't wash with the courts. They don't care. If it isn't tied up with an adoption then they aren't going to recognize that dad isn't dad.

The state will not permit the second woman to adopt! Read the damned article before making a jackass out of yourself!

Go into court with the mother of your child and try to submit an order terminating your parental rights. They'll laugh at you.

Did mommy #2 not adopt? Because if she had legally adopted the baby, the state WOULD have terminated the parental rights/responsibilities of the dad.

But just 'deciding' that dad doesn't have to pay child support doesn't wash with the courts. They don't care. If it isn't tied up with an adoption then they aren't going to recognize that dad isn't dad.

The state will not permit the second woman to adopt! Read the damned article before making a jackass out of yourself!

Dont worry she is known to make jackass comments

Although many states do not permit adoption by a second same sex parent, every state permits legal guardianship.

He is the father but this sort of thing will scare off all sperm donors everywhere.

FOX News - Top Stories - 'DAD' FIGHTS BACK: Sperm Donor to Battle Order to Pay Child Support

'Dec 31, 2012 1:28 PM EST
A Kansas sperm donor who was ordered to pay child support for the baby he helped a lesbian couple conceive plans to fight back in court, and suggested he might be a victim of bias against same-sex parenting.

William Marotta told FoxNews.com he might never have agreed to provide sperm to Angela Bauer and her former partner, Jennifer Schreiner, had he known the legal morass that awaited him after responding to the women's Craigslist ad for a donor in March 2009. The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) recently filed a child support claim against Marotta after the couple filed for state assistance this year, leading the department to demand they provide the donor's name so it could collect.

The 46-year-old machinist said he received notice in late October that he was being targeted by state officials to pay child support after the couple who parted ways in 2010 but still co-parent their eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years were ordered by DCF officials to provide the sperm donor's name. State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information.

I'm sorely tempted to say sumpin' that would sound real red-necky and backwards...

so I won't say a word... :)

just now reread the whole OP...

eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years

it strikes me funny that dykes who wanna deny the biological imperative nonetheless have somehow managed to have eight kids...

it strikes me funny that dykes who wanna deny the biological imperative nonetheless have somehow managed to have eight kids...

They somehow managed to acquire eight kids...probably mostly like many of us acquire a cat or dog...they found a stray and "adopted" it.

They somehow managed to acquire eight kids...probably mostly like many of us acquire a cat or dog...they found a stray and "adopted" it.

0.o

Yeah, that happens to me all the time, I'm constantly shooing children out of my trash can.

He is the father but this sort of thing will scare off all sperm donors everywhere.

FOX News - Top Stories - 'DAD' FIGHTS BACK: Sperm Donor to Battle Order to Pay Child Support

'Dec 31, 2012 1:28 PM EST
A Kansas sperm donor who was ordered to pay child support for the baby he helped a lesbian couple conceive plans to fight back in court, and suggested he might be a victim of bias against same-sex parenting.

William Marotta told FoxNews.com he might never have agreed to provide sperm to Angela Bauer and her former partner, Jennifer Schreiner, had he known the legal morass that awaited him after responding to the women's Craigslist ad for a donor in March 2009. The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) recently filed a child support claim against Marotta after the couple filed for state assistance this year, leading the department to demand they provide the donor's name so it could collect.

The 46-year-old machinist said he received notice in late October that he was being targeted by state officials to pay child support after the couple who parted ways in 2010 but still co-parent their eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years were ordered by DCF officials to provide the sperm donor's name. State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information.

it's fauxnews... i'd wager there's more to the story.

Kansas Sperm Donor For Lesbian Couple Faces Child Support Suit From State

Sperm donor for lesbian couple sued by State of Kansas for child support - Springfield Top News | Examiner.com

Daily Kos :: Kansas seems intent on punishing LGBT couples and now their sperm donors.

They all say the same thing the fox news article does, although one points out that the state apparently finds the contract invalid because the insemination was not performed by a doctor.

However, you don't need a doctor to perform insemination, and many women simply purchase sperm and have it shipped to them, so the current Kanas law could allow any woman who buys sperm and has it shipped to her, to turn around and sue the donor for support.

he should have gotten the legal protection at the time.

That is the lesson here.

Why should he need legal protection? If he has to pay child support can he sue for custody? The state has both parents of the child available, they just want to force him to pay because they are using laws based on 19th century thinking.

I'm not sure whether he can sue for custody. The article says he gave up all parental rights. Being forced to pay child support might be a game changer, though.

Imagine if he was forced to.pay and then told he could not ne involved with that child. Damn.

0.o

Yeah, that happens to me all the time, I'm constantly shooing children out of my trash can.

Tough neighborhood...

Kansas Sperm Donor For Lesbian Couple Faces Child Support Suit From State

Sperm donor for lesbian couple sued by State of Kansas for child support - Springfield Top News | Examiner.com

Daily Kos :: Kansas seems intent on punishing LGBT couples and now their sperm donors.

They all say the same thing the fox news article does, although one points out that the state apparently finds the contract invalid because the insemination was not performed by a doctor.

However, you don't need a doctor to perform insemination, and many women simply purchase sperm and have it shipped to them, so the current Kanas law could allow any woman who buys sperm and has it shipped to her, to turn around and sue the donor for support.

Wow, just like livestock breeders...imagine...

Are you stupid. I am serious because if you are, I will nor point and laugh. Manners.

New Topics

Forum List

Back