"Spent some time in San Francisco............."

^^^ Which singer since there is two singing the song together and in what way exactly were they a jerk? What did you do for him?

God bless you and Dwight always!!!

Holly

P.S. Because I was raised on Dwight's music ever since his first song went to radio, I knew this chat was about his song when I saw that San Francisco lyric line. :) :) :)

Dwight Yoakam that little bald headed freak. Treats his band like shit. Actually treats everybody like shit.

The other guy is Buck Owens. Never worked with him but he seems alright.
I was sitting in a bar in Bakersfield a long time ago when those two and their friends walked in and after they got good and liquored up they grabbed a couple of guitars and played the rest of the night...they were very nice and paid everyone's tab several times throughout the night...so maybe he just didn't like you....:04:

I didn't interact directly with him, I just observed how he was treating everybody around him especially his own band. At first I thought maybe he didn't get a good night's sleep or something but it just went on and on and on relentlessly. It was obvious to everybody and we were all happy to get rid of him. I suspect he's just pissed off at being bald.
I doubt his lack of hair would be the problem especially when it hasn't been there in years. He's had plenty of time to get adjusted to it.

God bless you and him and his ilk always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am also a big fan of Kenny Chesney and Mark Miller of the Sawyer Brown band and they aren't bothered by not having much going on up there. I've seen Mark make jokes about his appearance now and the way that it used to be. :D :D :D

I'm half-joking about his baldness being the reason he's an asshole. He didn't say that. But I noticed he can't stand to be without his hat. ;)

^^^ If his skin is anything like mine, I can't blame him. If I am in the sun long enough, I'd be as red as a fire truck and for all I know, your head may be the one place that you don't want to be sun burnt. You would probably have to sleep sitting up at night because your head would hurt when you try to lay down.

Holly

^^^ Which singer since there is two singing the song together and in what way exactly were they a jerk? What did you do for him?

Holly

P.S. Because I was raised on Dwight's music ever since his first song went to radio, I knew this chat was about his song when I saw that San Francisco lyric line. :) :) :)

Dwight Yoakam that little bald headed freak. Treats his band like shit. Actually treats everybody like shit.

I was sitting in a bar in Bakersfield a long time ago when those two and their friends walked in and after they got good and liquored up they grabbed a couple of guitars and played the rest of the night...they were very nice and paid everyone's tab several times throughout the night...so maybe he just didn't like you....:04:

I didn't interact directly with him, I just observed how he was treating everybody around him especially his own band. At first I thought maybe he didn't get a good night's sleep or something but it just went on and on and on relentlessly. It was obvious to everybody and we were all happy to get rid of him. I suspect he's just pissed off at being bald.
I doubt his lack of hair would be the problem especially when it hasn't been there in years. He's had plenty of time to get adjusted to it.

Holly

P.S. I am also a big fan of Kenny Chesney and Mark Miller of the Sawyer Brown band and they aren't bothered by not having much going on up there. I've seen Mark make jokes about his appearance now and the way that it used to be. :D :D :D

I'm half-joking about his baldness being the reason he's an asshole. He didn't say that. But I noticed he can't stand to be without his hat. ;)
Mozart was a twat but it doesnt negate his work. Put not your trust in Princes or similar.

Holly

Mozart was a twat but it doesnt negate his work. Put not your trust in Princes or similar.

Actually I'm not a fan of Mozart. I find his work soulless. :eusa_snooty:

Isnt Bakersfield a bit on the rough side ?

Bakersfield is a little rough around the edges I suppose... I doubt there are many intellectuals sitting around navel-gazing and contemplating life... If you wanted something in Bakersfield, you work for it... Big oil boom back in the mid 1900's... Agriculture since Mr. Baker cleared his field and was hungry and hot weather was abundant... A rural Liverpool if you will... Workings man town... Alcohol, drugs and wild women fueled the rep...

Music has always played a part in the culture... Merle Haggard called it home for several years and he was a great... Mick Jagger penned 'Far Away Eyes' with Bakersfield in mind, which is a fantastic tune...

It is a very RED part of California... One of the few areas that John McCain beat pbo in 2008…

Bakersfield, California - Wikipedia

Holly

How do you know he was a twat? Did they speak that kind of language in those days?

Holly

How do you know he was a twat? Did they speak that kind of language in those days?
I dont know what he was like. I was using him as an example.

Forum List

Back