Spending Cuts vs Democrats

I think we need to ensure our military is the best trained and armed in the world if we are to be free.

Why do you want to deny our troops the equipment and support they need?

I think we need to ensure our military is the best trained and armed in the world if we are to be free.

Who said $400 BILLION A YEAR would deny them of such? Can you prove such?

Who said $400 BILLION A YEAR would deny them of such? Can you prove such?
Can you prove it wouldn't? Do you know where every dollar is going? Our troops aren't getting paid in bricks of gold. Why do you want to slash the budget for American Security?

*wow, it's harder being a rightwing military hawk than I thought- I'm running out of catchphrases*

I think that since our total defense budget has gone from 290 billion a year to over 700 billion A YEAR, that this is where the focus should be on major cuts...like 300 billion a year less than what they are spending now....that's a big chunk of the deficit....over 10 years it's 3 TRILLION....!!!

I also think that Medicare and Social Security reform needs to take place....we have to do something with them both.

Everything should be on the chopping block and immediately..

What is it going to take to get the Democrats on board, ya think..?

Democrats are incapable of cutting spending and balancing a budget. Sure.. they'll take credit for the good results and hard decisions by Republicans during the Clinton years but it's fairly obvious their simply pathetic at handling taxpayer money.

I'm guessing they figure they can gain more political power by whining about the Republicans making the hard decisions..

What, Republican's can't take the credit for the massive deficits of the years of Reagan and Bush parts I and II?

Democrats are incapable of cutting spending and balancing a budget. Sure.. they'll take credit for the good results and hard decisions by Republicans during the Clinton years but it's fairly obvious their simply pathetic at handling taxpayer money.

I'm guessing they figure they can gain more political power by whining about the Republicans making the hard decisions..

What, Republican's can't take the credit for the massive deficits of the years of Reagan and Bush parts I and II?

Do I hear whining... mmm

Do I hear whining... mmm

No, you hear an intelligent question. One which you apparently cannot answer thoughtfully, so you've instead resorted to mud slinging.

You seem a tad sensitive today...

The past is debatable I suppose but the immediate concern is the present..

Republicans, a greater percent of the American people seem willing to get to work balancing the budget, cutting spending and putting the country on a promising financial path..

How do we get the Democrats on board, fine fellow...?

First step might be to stop casting the problem in terms of one side, when both sides are responsible. Why are Democrats going to work with Republicans and compromise to meet them in the middle, if the Republican mantra is to demonize the Democrats for the same things that Republicans have done themselves, and not even so long ago?

First step might be to stop casting the problem in terms of one side, when both sides are responsible. Why are Democrats going to work with Republicans and compromise to meet them in the middle, if the Republican mantra is to demonize the Democrats for the same things that Republicans have done themselves, and not even so long ago?

From my perspective and in the last few elections, it seems to me the American people are crying out for leadership on these issues. Is your answer to simply allow our representatives to bicker about the past and continue doing nothing?

Do you honestly believe Democrats/Obama are with the program given the disparity of what they have put on the table. Are you satisfied with Obama's leadership on these issues?

From my perspective and in the last few elections, it seems to me the American people are crying out for leadership on these issues. Is your answer to simply allow our representatives to bicker about the past and continue doing nothing?

Do you honestly believe Democrats/Obama are with the program given the disparity of what they have put on the table. Are you satisfied with Obama's leadership on these issues?

I'm not satisfied with any of our elected officials. I think they're all, regardless of party affiliation, more interested in bickering, than in getting things done. That's my point. If you want Democrats to come to the table to meet Republicans in the middle on issues, you can't open by saying "It's all your fault." Because nobody is going to be interested in cooperating with you when the truth is that there is plenty of blame to go around on every side.

those proud Republican deficit hawks! Hardy har har!

Cutting spending is fun! Quantity over quality!

Meanwhile, let's make sure we cut taxes on the uber rich! It's unfair for a tax rate to go from 30% to 35% but it's just fine to cut programs that feed the poor.

And yet there are Americans who benefit from those programs and they go along with this madness.

Limbaugh was right. America is getting dumbed down. And he holds the franchise rights to keep doing just that.

Neither Party has demonstrated the willingness to balance a budget

Both have their own agenda, both spend first and ask questions later

I'm not satisfied with any of our elected officials. I think they're all, regardless of party affiliation, more interested in bickering, than in getting things done. That's my point. If you want Democrats to come to the table to meet Republicans in the middle on issues, you can't open by saying "It's all your fault." Because nobody is going to be interested in cooperating with you when the truth is that there is plenty of blame to go around on every side.

Politicians look for their advantages on being re-elected and gaining political power no doubt...

But sorry my friend your avoiding the issues, you seem to be saying Democrats won't do what their elected for because their little feelings are hurt.. I mean sheesh...what kind of leadership is that?

But sorry my friend your avoiding the issues, you seem to be saying Democrats won't do what their elected for because their little feelings are hurt.. I mean sheesh...what kind of leadership is that?

Same kind the Republicans offer, which is exactly my point.

Neither Party has demonstrated the willingness to balance a budget

Both have their own agenda, both spend first and ask questions later

As I recall Democrats 6 billion in cuts.. Republicans 61 billion or more..

I'm not that good in math but there seems to be quite a difference...:lol:

Meanwhile, let's make sure we cut taxes on the uber rich! It's unfair for a tax rate to go from 30% to 35% but it's just fine to cut programs that feed the poor.

And yet there are Americans who benefit from those programs and they go along with this madness.

Limbaugh was right. America is getting dumbed down. And he holds the franchise rights to keep doing just that.

Right.. raising taxes...that's always worked in the past...:lol:

Raising taxes on the rich, the corporations.. Yup.. who actually ends up paying for that...hint.. it's not them...

The dust settles .. and I'm all alone... alone... aaalooone..:lol:

I think that since our total defense budget has gone from 290 billion a year to over 700 billion A YEAR, that this is where the focus should be on major cuts...like 300 billion a year less than what they are spending now....that's a big chunk of the deficit....over 10 years it's 3 TRILLION....!!!
So you want the terrorists to win?

Yeah, it's the 300 billion that is keeping them from taking over America:lol:

Right.. raising taxes...that's always worked in the past...:lol:

Raising taxes on the rich, the corporations.. Yup.. who actually ends up paying for that...hint.. it's not them...

Can you prove that statement with something more than a response that says "it's common sense"?

Forum List

Back