Spending Cuts could weaken the economy further

Spending cuts could face headwinds this year: a weak economy - USATODAY.com

Isn't that the whole GOP mission? If they can weaken the economy enough, then they can get rid of Obama in 2012, right? I guess the GOP did win. But the US economy is the big loser.

You see, the problem is you and many on the left put way too much credence in the president...and somewhat niave to the way our legislative system works.

You, and many others, got so wrapped up in blaming Bush for all of our economic woes, you opted to ignore the truth....the President cant do a dam thing without congress (with the exception of an executive order).

That being said, the GOP has a majority in the house. If the economy continues to weaken, the blame will go to the senate (democrats), the house (republicans) and the President....sort of where the blame should have gone for the last 10 years with the exception of the year plus when there was a democratic majority in both houses AND the white house.

So to think that the GOP wants the economy to weaken further is typical partisan rhetoric spin.

But hey....nice try....but you are fooling no one but yourself....and maybe TruthMatters.

Of course spending cut are going to weaken this economy.

Even less money circulating in the economy is bound to do that.

Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits = Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits...

Get it?

Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits = Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits =Less cash to spend = less profits to make = less new investment to capture profits...

Get it?
Um....Where in hell do you think gubmint gets the money to "invest"?

Get it?

yo...

No one is doubting that spending cuts will have a short term adverse affect on the economy. Not sure why you felt the need to toss in your post in a sarcastic arrogant way.

But...only a partrisan idiot would think that ther GOP's goal was to hurt the economy....We do not have the money and we need to cut spending....like it or not.

Get it?

yo...

No one is doubting that spending cuts will have a short term adverse affect on the economy. Not sure why you felt the need to toss in your post in a sarcastic arrogant way.

But...only a partrisan idiot would think that ther GOP's goal was to hurt the economy....We do not have the money and we need to cut spending....like it or not.
We're dealing with economic Medieval barbers here...All we need to get the economy rolling again are some more leeches and a good blood letting! :rolleyes:

Isn't that the whole GOP mission? If they can weaken the economy enough, then they can get rid of Obama in 2012, right? I guess the GOP did win. But the US economy is the big loser.

You see, the problem is you and many on the left put way too much credence in the president...and somewhat niave to the way our legislative system works.

You, and many others, got so wrapped up in blaming Bush for all of our economic woes, you opted to ignore the truth....the President cant do a dam thing without congress (with the exception of an executive order).

That being said, the GOP has a majority in the house. If the economy continues to weaken, the blame will go to the senate (democrats), the house (republicans) and the President....sort of where the blame should have gone for the last 10 years with the exception of the year plus when there was a democratic majority in both houses AND the white house.

So to think that the GOP wants the economy to weaken further is typical partisan rhetoric spin.

But hey....nice try....but you are fooling no one but yourself....and maybe TruthMatters.

Just as the right blames Obama for everything. maybe you want to rationalize comments by the right but it clear to most that Republicans want Obama to fail which means a bad economy.

Just as the right blames Obama for everything. maybe you want to rationalize comments by the right but it clear to most that Republicans want Obama to fail which means a bad economy.

Nope...the right does not blame Obama for everything.

The right blames two things on the left that have added to our woes..

The stiumulus
The new healthcare law.

And both were pushed through when both houses were democratic majorities.....along with a democratiic white house

That is a 100% given.

That is a 100% given.

hey blastoff.....

Your signature line?

When my wife once asked me if her pants made her look fat....my response?

Dont blame the pants.

It did not take me long to find out how comfortable our couch was for sleeping.

If the government is capable of controlling the business cycle, why do we EVER have recessions?

yeah well your president has pissed away trillions of tax payer dollars and still the economy is getting weaker and weaker. so you can stuff that theory where the moon don't shine.

The economy is getting weaker coinciding with the stimulus funding coming to an end.

The stiumulus
The new healthcare law.

And both were pushed through when both houses were democratic majorities.....along with a democratiic white house

really? are you serious?

If the government is capable of controlling the business cycle, why do we EVER have recessions?

I thought you were well educated in economics. I mean, you post much about what is right and what is wrong with the economy. You post much criticism of business owners and how their actions kill the economy.

Yet you ask the most basic of questions...and the question itself shows how one is naive as it pertains to basic micro economics.

Do you truly not klnow the answer to that question?...or was that a rhetorical question.

I will post my answer...but ZI first want to know what your motive is.

But I will say this....no one....NO ONE....on the left OR the right will dispute my answer...as all economists know what causes cyclical recessions and why they are not preventable.

yeah well your president has pissed away trillions of tax payer dollars and still the economy is getting weaker and weaker. so you can stuff that theory where the moon don't shine.

The economy is getting weaker coinciding with the stimulus funding coming to an end.

the stimulus was not marketed as an interim thing...it was marketed as a "spark".....

Of course if you poump a half a trrillion dollars into the marketplace, it will allow for positive signs...

No one ever doubted that.

But if it is only a "stop gap" it is not worth it as it will stunt actual growth....and THAT is what the right was saying all along...

And I am glad to see you are admitting such is true.

The stiumulus
The new healthcare law.

really? are you serious?

100%

Anyone who knows anything about how our legislative process works is well aware that the President has very little control....unles there is a majority in his favor in BOTH houses.

Although, I will admit that the left seemed to forget that they had a majority for 4 years....2 with Bush and 2 with Obama....yet Bush got blamed for everything.

When your car is careening out of control brakes are nice to have to slow you down so you have time to avoid hitting the wall

I thought you were well educated in economics. I mean, you post much about what is right and what is wrong with the economy. You post much criticism of business owners and how their actions kill the economy.

Yet you ask the most basic of questions...and the question itself shows how one is naive as it pertains to basic micro economics.

Do you truly not klnow the answer to that question?...or was that a rhetorical question.

I will post my answer...but ZI first want to know what your motive is.

But I will say this....no one....NO ONE....on the left OR the right will dispute my answer...as all economists know what causes cyclical recessions and why they are not preventable.

Because you said this:

If the economy continues to weaken, the blame will go to the senate (democrats), the house (republicans) and the President....sort of where the blame should have gone for the last 10 years with the exception of the year plus when there was a democratic majority in both houses AND the white house

By stating where you believe the blame should have gone - for our 'economic woes' - on the GOVERNMENT,

you're operating from the premise that government can prevent economic woes, presumably a recession being one of those woes.

Forum List

Back