Spend the money on technology and manpower, not a cement wall.

I don't think it is a matter of the terrain. It's more about funding and how best to utilize it. Congress is not going to write a blank check, it is a coin toss if they authorize any significant new funding for border protection.

The one subject I have disagreed with Donald Trump and many Conservatives is the need for a much bigger, longer wall on the Southern border. I believe the billions of dollars would be much better spent on giving the border agents and personnel the best technology available and the increased personnel to operate and maintain it. We have equipment right now at the border that malfunctions or breaks down frequently. That allows huge numbers of illegals to pass right through the border crossing. A bigger wall doesn't fix that. We could also greatly expand the use of drones and unmanned surveillance aircraft that could operate at night when most of the border crossers and drug smugglers are active. We also need better technology to detect tunnels that are always being built. They just discovered another tunnel that comes up through an abandoned KFC. How many millions of dollars of drugs and/or illegals came through there?

Rather than one huge physical wall that they will certainly go over or under, if you invest in technology and manpower, you create a real deterrent. The word will get out that you have no chance making it more than a few miles into the US before you are caught. "The Wall" IMO is a zone that with the right technology and right amount of manpower will stop nearly all illegal traffic. So spend the money, just spend it in ways that solve the problem.
9-11 cost over $3T with a T. And we are still fighting the war.
Illegals are murdering and taking billions with a b in our taxes.

Build the wall.

I think the fact that they have opposed every effort put forth so far to curb illegal immigration (and voting) has already exposed their true intent.

No doubt.
But actually reversing policy that curbs illegal immigration would put their true agenda to the for front.
I think that agenda is already there for all to see. They're importing voters, everyone sees it, they're not really trying to hide it anymore, and without those votes their party will become extinct within a generation. A few more years of unfettered third world immigrants and it won't matter how obvious their intentions are, there'll be enough third world voters who are getting a free ride to keep them in office no matter what the rest of the country wants.

I get your point but actively going against policy that would curb illegal immigration would resonate with the American people.

They'd have a judge declare it unconstitutional and the Dems would say, "We tried. Nothing we can do now"

True enough but it would be interesting to see the results of blatant anti American views from the left.

We see the result, President Trump.

No doubt.
But actually reversing policy that curbs illegal immigration would put their true agenda to the for front.
I think that agenda is already there for all to see. They're importing voters, everyone sees it, they're not really trying to hide it anymore, and without those votes their party will become extinct within a generation. A few more years of unfettered third world immigrants and it won't matter how obvious their intentions are, there'll be enough third world voters who are getting a free ride to keep them in office no matter what the rest of the country wants.

I get your point but actively going against policy that would curb illegal immigration would resonate with the American people.

They'd have a judge declare it unconstitutional and the Dems would say, "We tried. Nothing we can do now"

True enough but it would be interesting to see the results of blatant anti American views from the left.

We see the result, President Trump.

Yep....and you can expect more with the same results.
People are catching on to the left.

The one subject I have disagreed with Donald Trump and many Conservatives is the need for a much bigger, longer wall on the Southern border. I believe the billions of dollars would be much better spent on giving the border agents and personnel the best technology available and the increased personnel to operate and maintain it. We have equipment right now at the border that malfunctions or breaks down frequently. That allows huge numbers of illegals to pass right through the border crossing. A bigger wall doesn't fix that. We could also greatly expand the use of drones and unmanned surveillance aircraft that could operate at night when most of the border crossers and drug smugglers are active. We also need better technology to detect tunnels that are always being built. They just discovered another tunnel that comes up through an abandoned KFC. How many millions of dollars of drugs and/or illegals came through there?

Rather than one huge physical wall that they will certainly go over or under, if you invest in technology and manpower, you create a real deterrent. The word will get out that you have no chance making it more than a few miles into the US before you are caught. "The Wall" IMO is a zone that with the right technology and right amount of manpower will stop nearly all illegal traffic. So spend the money, just spend it in ways that solve the problem.
Arrest those who employ and profit off of illegal labor

They are the Kingpins

Arrest those who employ and profit off of illegal labor

They are the Kingpins
Yes, if we have Americans hiding out these people because they are getting their labor for dirt cheap it is wrong... Just as we see in the Molly Tibbets case, we have got to know exactly who is here, and who these people are.

It can't be like this for example, where as a person doesn't want to give us their name etc.

Not an illegal in the video, but the dangers of not giving a name is illustrated.

If we have any immigrants coming in to work in order to help out, then they must do it legally. That shouldn't be a problem at all, but it all needs to be kept in a healthy balance. It shouldn't serve as a way to beat the American worker's down, and then overtime ultimately destroying them in their own dam country.

Last edited:
I'm for a wall....and all of the above.

I want illegals stopped at the border; those that are here, deported. I want the words, "illegal alien" to be something that's rarely mentioned because they no longer exist. Lawfulness....it's a beautiful thing.

And yet you support the lawlessness in the White House. The lawlessness of separating children with their parents with no thought of how to reunited them.

You buy into the idea that illegal immigration, which is at it’s lowest point in decades, is a major problem. It’s not.

The opoid epidemic is killing more people in the US than all of the gun violence, including suicides, in the nation. Income is declining. The trade war isn’t working.

Trump’s policies are slowing job creation. Prices are rising. And your foreign policy is a disaster.

Kim played your President for the fool he is, using the time to double his nuclear arsenal. Trump touts the fact that Kim has ceased testing.

Dumb Donald stopped the Obama hacking program that was blowing up his test rockets on launch pad and allowed Kim to test his rockets, and perfect his ICBM’s. Kim’s not testing because he no longer needs to test.

The only people dumber than Dumb Donald are the sheep who follow him bleating “fake news”, “Build the Wall” and “no collusion”.
Liberals and Democrats don't really have a clue as to what lawlessness is.
Separating kids from their criminal illegal alien parents was the policy under Clinton and Obama. If you didn't care then, you're a hypocrite. People who don't want to be temporarily separated from their kids, shouldn't break our laws. It's not just aliens, but drugs, gangs and human trafficking coming over the border and it IS a major problem.

Income is not declining and there is no trade war. The M.E. is no longer in flames thanks to Trump's foreign policy.

We're living with record job creation, record market growth and a GDP that Obama said would never happen.

Thanks for letting us know what Kim is doing and even thinking. And Obama's."secret" hacking program that blew up rockets on the launch pad? Really?

As for bleating....your post is full of fake news; after two years of investigation there's still no collusion and the majority of the nation wants a secure southern border and a wall is the best way to accomplish that.

I'm for a wall....and all of the above.

I want illegals stopped at the border; those that are here, deported. I want the words, "illegal alien" to be something that's rarely mentioned because they no longer exist. Lawfulness....it's a beautiful thing.

And yet you support the lawlessness in the White House. The lawlessness of separating children with their parents with no thought of how to reunited them.

You buy into the idea that illegal immigration, which is at it’s lowest point in decades, is a major problem. It’s not.

The opoid epidemic is killing more people in the US than all of the gun violence, including suicides, in the nation. Income is declining. The trade war isn’t working.

Trump’s policies are slowing job creation. Prices are rising. And your foreign policy is a disaster.

Kim played your President for the fool he is, using the time to double his nuclear arsenal. Trump touts the fact that Kim has ceased testing.

Dumb Donald stopped the Obama hacking program that was blowing up his test rockets on launch pad and allowed Kim to test his rockets, and perfect his ICBM’s. Kim’s not testing because he no longer needs to test.

The only people dumber than Dumb Donald are the sheep who follow him bleating “fake news”, “Build the Wall” and “no collusion”.
Liberals and Democrats don't really have a clue as to what lawlessness is.
Separating kids from their criminal illegal alien parents was the policy under Clinton and Obama. If you didn't care then, you're a hypocrite. People who don't want to be temporarily separated from their kids, shouldn't break our laws. It's not just aliens, but drugs, gangs and human trafficking coming over the border and it IS a major problem.

Income is not declining and there is no trade war. The M.E. is no longer in flames thanks to Trump's foreign policy.

We're living with record job creation, record market growth and a GDP that Obama said would never happen.

Thanks for letting us know what Kim is doing and even thinking. And Obama's."secret" hacking program that blew up rockets on the launch pad? Really?

As for bleating....your post is full of fake news; after two years of investigation there's still no collusion and the majority of the nation wants a secure southern border and a wall is the best way to accomplish that.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt. The things you’re seeing and hearing aren’t what’s really happening. Truth isn’t truth.

You are in total denial of things that we’ve been watching unfold every day in the President’s Tweets, in the news conferences and in his policies.

Trump desperately needs a win in the trade wars before the Mid Terms. Everything he’s done internationally so far has turned to shit in his hands.

The wall plus the technology that you speak of creates an effective deterrent. To solve the problem will require both

The wall plus the technology that you speak of creates an effective deterrent. To solve the problem will require both
In appropriate degree's yes.

How the hell does the government "spend money on technology and manpower"? The technology industries could probably buy and sell the U.S. government assets and the last time the government spent money on "buying manpower" we had a freaking civil war over it. It's clear that the crazy left is out of ideas and agenda and the only thing they have left is cliches and hatred.

Forum List

Back