Spend the money on technology and manpower, not a cement wall.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
The one subject I have disagreed with Donald Trump and many Conservatives is the need for a much bigger, longer wall on the Southern border. I believe the billions of dollars would be much better spent on giving the border agents and personnel the best technology available and the increased personnel to operate and maintain it. We have equipment right now at the border that malfunctions or breaks down frequently. That allows huge numbers of illegals to pass right through the border crossing. A bigger wall doesn't fix that. We could also greatly expand the use of drones and unmanned surveillance aircraft that could operate at night when most of the border crossers and drug smugglers are active. We also need better technology to detect tunnels that are always being built. They just discovered another tunnel that comes up through an abandoned KFC. How many millions of dollars of drugs and/or illegals came through there?

Rather than one huge physical wall that they will certainly go over or under, if you invest in technology and manpower, you create a real deterrent. The word will get out that you have no chance making it more than a few miles into the US before you are caught. "The Wall" IMO is a zone that with the right technology and right amount of manpower will stop nearly all illegal traffic. So spend the money, just spend it in ways that solve the problem.

The one subject I have disagreed with Donald Trump and many Conservatives is the need for a much bigger, longer wall on the Southern border. I believe the billions of dollars would be much better spent on giving the border agents and personnel the best technology available and the increased personnel to operate and maintain it. We have equipment right now at the border that malfunctions or breaks down frequently. That allows huge numbers of illegals to pass right through the border crossing. A bigger wall doesn't fix that. We could also greatly expand the use of drones and unmanned surveillance aircraft that could operate at night when most of the border crossers and drug smugglers are active. We also need better technology to detect tunnels that are always being built. They just discovered another tunnel that comes up through an abandoned KFC. How many millions of dollars of drugs and/or illegals came through there?

Rather than one huge physical wall that they will certainly go over or under, if you invest in technology and manpower, you create a real deterrent. The word will get out that you have no chance making it more than a few miles into the US before you are caught. "The Wall" IMO is a zone that with the right technology and right amount of manpower will stop nearly all illegal traffic. So spend the money, just spend it in ways that solve the problem.
A good idea but too complicated. You've alienated 90% of Trump sheep with your proposal. Too difficult for them to understand. "Build a wall!!!" is nice and easy and you don't have to think about it much.

There are places on the border where there is a lot of walking over. I have no objection to a big fence in those areas. The idea of using technology to catch them walking over and then sending manpower to chase them is the hard way of doing it, imo, for the entire border.

The problem with that is a Dem administration could stop using a "smart border" and stop using more manpower.
And with the way things are set up now, you can't instantly turn these illegal aliens around. They require hearings. Better to stop them from reaching our soil in the first place. With something the Dems can't just ignore. That's why we need more wall. Not over the entire border, but more than we have now.

Git 'er done!!!

The problem with that plan is that it would never happen. Dems would block any effort (like they do now) to increase border security. Dismantling a concrete wall would not be so easy.

Agreed, ...It needs to be a combination of technology and physical barriers. the wall itself doesn't need to be all that expensive. There are thousands of miles all over the US already as freeway barriers.

OR -- you could get Congress to ENFORCE the "no Visa -- no Workie law". ENTIRE (at least 80% of it) southern border problem solved CHEAPLY -- by this time tomorrow.

It's telling that the FIX EXISTS and Congress won't enforce their OWN LAW..

Last edited:

The problem with that is a Dem administration could stop using a "smart border" and stop using more manpower.
And with the way things are set up now, you can't instantly turn these illegal aliens around. They require hearings. Better to stop them from reaching our soil in the first place. With something the Dems can't just ignore. That's why we need more wall. Not over the entire border, but more than we have now.

Git 'er done!!!

They still haven’t settled all of the lawsuits from W’s attempt to build a wall.

I'm for a wall....and all of the above.

I want illegals stopped at the border; those that are here, deported. I want the words, "illegal alien" to be something that's rarely mentioned because they no longer exist. Lawfulness....it's a beautiful thing.

I want illegals stopped at the border; those that are here, deported. I want the words, "illegal alien" to be something that's rarely mentioned because they no longer exist. Lawfulness....it's a beautiful thing.

And yet you support the lawlessness in the White House. The lawlessness of separating children with their parents with no thought of how to reunited them.

You buy into the idea that illegal immigration, which is at it’s lowest point in decades, is a major problem. It’s not.

The opoid epidemic is killing more people in the US than all of the gun violence, including suicides, in the nation. Income is declining. The trade war isn’t working.

Trump’s policies are slowing job creation. Prices are rising. And your foreign policy is a disaster.

Kim played your President for the fool he is, using the time to double his nuclear arsenal. Trump touts the fact that Kim has ceased testing.

Dumb Donald stopped the Obama hacking program that was blowing up his test rockets on launch pad and allowed Kim to test his rockets, and perfect his ICBM’s. Kim’s not testing because he no longer needs to test.

The only people dumber than Dumb Donald are the sheep who follow him bleating “fake news”, “Build the Wall” and “no collusion”.

And yet you support the lawlessness in the White House. The lawlessness of separating children with their parents with no thought of how to reunited them.

You buy into the idea that illegal immigration, which is at it’s lowest point in decades, is a major problem. It’s not.

The opoid epidemic is killing more people in the US than all of the gun violence, including suicides, in the nation. Income is declining. The trade war isn’t working.

Trump’s policies are slowing job creation. Prices are rising. And your foreign policy is a disaster.

Kim played your President for the fool he is, using the time to double his nuclear arsenal. Trump touts the fact that Kim has ceased testing.

Dumb Donald stopped the Obama hacking program that was blowing up his test rockets on launch pad and allowed Kim to test his rockets, and perfect his ICBM’s. Kim’s not testing because he no longer needs to test.

The only people dumber than Dumb Donald are the sheep who follow him bleating “fake news”, “Build the Wall” and “no collusion”.

The lawlessness of separating children with their parents with no thought of how to reunited them.

I agree, criminals shouldn't involve their children in their crimes.

You buy into the idea that illegal immigration, which is at it’s lowest point in decades, is a major problem.

They aren't coming over the border anymore? Good, now we can concentrate on booting the ones already here.

The Wall has nothing to do with Kim's nuclear arsenal, slowing job creation (which is completely wrong BTW) or foreign policy. Family separations was a manufactured crisis by the Media to divert attention away from the fact that these illegals have been using children for decades as a ploy to get into the country. I see nothing in your rambling emotional reply about the subject of the thread.

I agree “The Wall” shouldn’t be a concrete edifice. Instead it should be a detailed defense in depth similar to the Atlantic Wall the Germans built along the cast of France.

The lawlessness of separating children with their parents with no thought of how to reunited them.

1. I agree, criminals shouldn't involve their children in their crimes.

You buy into the idea that illegal immigration, which is at it’s lowest point in decades, is a major problem.

2. They aren't coming over the border anymore? Good, now we can concentrate on booting the ones already here.

1. They enter the border seeking asylum. How did they become criminals?
1.2. So why can they keep them together instead of wasting more tax dollars just to babysit and rents 100s of kids? That just shows how amateur your boi.

2.1. Illegal crossings at the southern border is an all time low in last 5 years. Only Trump making it a very big deal and known for exaggerating and creating fears. That is a good example how you Trumpets got conned by a liar.

2.2. Very high percentage or most of these people came here for better living and do not commit crimes.

If we deport them.
Who will....... wash your ass at the convalescence center or home care, cut your grass, clean your toilet, repair your toilets, clean your house, wash dishes, roof repair, etc etc etc...... So you don’t spend half of your only income peanut SS checks. WHO? WHO? WHO?
Please don’t tell me Pismoe, Here we go again or odium siblings.

On top of that your BOI moron president is making all commodities to be more expensive.

A good idea but too complicated. You've alienated 90% of Trump sheep with your proposal. Too difficult for them to understand. "Build a wall!!!" is nice and easy and you don't have to think about it much.

Utter bullshit.
I dont care how they stop the flood of illegals as long as it's done.
I prefer these methods.
If you hire illegals you get huge fines.
No gov handouts to illegals.
No anchor babies.
Militarize the border.

This could be done with little cost and in fact would add to the coffer in fines that could be used in border enforcement.

Utter bullshit.
I prefer these methods.
No anchor babies.
Militarize the border.

This could be done with little cost and in fact would add to the coffer in fines that could be used in border enforcement.

I’d be in agreement with all of this except for the fine... Hire an illegal, LOSE YOUR BUSINESS LICENSE - PERMANENTLY

Utter bullshit.
I prefer these methods.
No anchor babies.
Militarize the border.

I’d be in agreement with all of this except for the fine... Hire an illegal, LOSE YOUR BUSINESS LICENSE - PERMANENTLY

All of he above, plus a wall and whatever electronic surveillance and manpower required to end the cash flow the Cartels realize by both drug and human trafficking.

Kill the Cartels easy access to cash, you kill the Cartels.

Do all, do it now, or start the investigations into which if our Government Officials are on the Cartel payroll. My guess it’s quite a lot of them.

I prefer these methods.
No anchor babies.
Militarize the border.

And every one of those methods would be rescinded on day one the next time Democrats get in power.

Utter bullshit.
I prefer these methods.
No anchor babies.
Militarize the border.

That would be bad for the economy.
I would be open to that for a third strike however.

Forum List

Back