spelt flour or i hate people with dietary needs

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
can i use spelt flour like regular flour?

i.e. in place of bread flour...

or to make a pie crust.....

or to make dinner rolls....

should i do spelt and regular?

I'm thinking you either spilled the flour, swept it up and want to use it.
Or is spoiled. Never heard of it. Thanks google.

Organic spelt is a non-hybrid relative of our present day wheat that dates back more than 9,000 years. Spelt flour has a unique nutty flavor. It can be used in most recipes calling for wheat flour.

sound like regular wheat flour- just expensive.

o and get this....i should have gotten the whiter spelt.....fuck it ...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

today has just not gone well....just that crazy....falling into the rabbit hole type day

It will taste like shit.

Just buy some ice cream or chocolate or something so the person in question has something to eat for dessert.

o and get this....i should have gotten the whiter spelt.....fuck it ...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

today has just not gone well....just that crazy....falling into the rabbit hole type day

This can't be a gluten thing, because spelt has gluten in it I think?

o hell yes it has gluten...but its ancient soft flourer...or a sprouted flour...

i made the dinner rolls with it...it better not taste like mal

Cook's Thesaurus: Wheat Flours

Spelt flour (This tends to make baked goods heavier, so consider increasing the baking powder so that the product rises more. Spelt is tolerated by most people with wheat allergies, and it's great for making pasta and bread.)

Spelt Flour : Substitutes, Ingredients, Equivalents
Spelt Flour

Spelt (Triticum Aestivum Spelt) is a shiny, dark rice shaped grain related to wheat. Spelt flour contains less gluten than normal wheat flour but it is not gluten-free.

Substituting Spelt Flour for All-purpose Flour
Many recipes will tolerate a cup for cup substitute. As with most substitutes the end result will not be the same and you may need to experiment with quantities to get a product you are happy with.

Forum List

Back