Specifically how will Obama's 2012 campaign differ from 2008?

Any thoughts?

He can't continue with "Hope and Change", and only a fool would opt for "more of the same" or "stay the course".

I think the bigger question is, will the media put him under the same microscope as the GOP candidate or will they continue to kiss his ass?

Bain saved and created far far more jobs than were lost. That is left wing hyperbole. Far more success stories like Staples than the ones that will be trotted out. Those jobs were dead man walking. Of course you make a good point, the MSM, Chris Matthews (not that anyone watches) will paint this as if profits were made off the backs of fired employees. Anyone who understands even the basics will know this is nothing but a lie. But it will be the lying season, so yeah, you do bring up some good points. Romney will have a good deal of education to do, something he isn't or at least to date, hasn't been real impressive doing.

I still think the overall horrible job by Obama will trump all. Just a terrible terrible job, and all the protection by the MSM won't save him IMO.

Bain is a parasite that's mistaken itself for a vital organ. Sorry, I'm not buying that crap and neither will anyone else.

And frankly, comparing Romney to Obama as campaigners is laughable. Obama is a formidable campaigner. Romney has found himself behind - at various times- Perry, Cain and now Gingrich. And that's amongst rightwingers. This is not a guy who inspires confidence.

I think a lot of Republicans will vote for him. I sure as hell won't. Given a choice between the liberal Obama and the liberal Romney, I'll vote for the honestly packaged one that doesn't belong to a whackjob religion.

Oh, yeah, final point on that. 22% of Americans say they won't vote for a Mormon. That's before the MSM starts doing hatchet jobs on the Latter Day Saints. (which is to say, pointing out the absolutely batshit crazy stuff you need to believe to be a Mormon.)

So we are going to run a guy who doesn't really stand for anything, made his fortune screwing over working people, and belongs to a religion that is about the nuttiest thing this side of Scientology. This really sounds like a plan to you?

You know what it sounds like to me?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0]ITS A TRAP! - YouTube[/ame]

OBL....check

Iraq....check

DADT...check

Health care...check

(Off the top of my head)

OBL Panetta

Iraq kicked out on the bush plan

Dadt, who gave a fuck.

Healthcare so wonderful they robbed the elderly, halted business and postponed help for seniors.

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!

Hmmm, when we think of sound bites for the voters....your excuses are rather fail.

By the same token, I guess Carter shouldn't get blamed for Eagle Claw then? The whole notion that the CIC doesn't get credit for the operations is weak on the surface. The GOP is poorly served by such idiotic stances of their supposed supporters.

Bain saved and created far far more jobs than were lost. That is left wing hyperbole. Far more success stories like Staples than the ones that will be trotted out. Those jobs were dead man walking. Of course you make a good point, the MSM, Chris Matthews (not that anyone watches) will paint this as if profits were made off the backs of fired employees. Anyone who understands even the basics will know this is nothing but a lie. But it will be the lying season, so yeah, you do bring up some good points. Romney will have a good deal of education to do, something he isn't or at least to date, hasn't been real impressive doing.

I still think the overall horrible job by Obama will trump all. Just a terrible terrible job, and all the protection by the MSM won't save him IMO.

Bain is a parasite that's mistaken itself for a vital organ. Sorry, I'm not buying that crap and neither will anyone else.

And frankly, comparing Romney to Obama as campaigners is laughable. Obama is a formidable campaigner. Romney has found himself behind - at various times- Perry, Cain and now Gingrich. And that's amongst rightwingers. This is not a guy who inspires confidence.

I think a lot of Republicans will vote for him. I sure as hell won't. Given a choice between the liberal Obama and the liberal Romney, I'll vote for the honestly packaged one that doesn't belong to a whackjob religion.

Oh, yeah, final point on that. 22% of Americans say they won't vote for a Mormon. That's before the MSM starts doing hatchet jobs on the Latter Day Saints. (which is to say, pointing out the absolutely batshit crazy stuff you need to believe to be a Mormon.)

So we are going to run a guy who doesn't really stand for anything, made his fortune screwing over working people, and belongs to a religion that is about the nuttiest thing this side of Scientology. This really sounds like a plan to you?

So you will support corruption if the other guy isnt everything you want.

Dear Lord, give me the strength to dispatch my enemies and the wisdom to hide the bodies.

Dear Lord, give me the strength to dispatch my enemies and the wisdom to hide the bodies.

To my mind, Romney and Obama would be equally corrupt, equally liberal and equally bad for the country.

At least obama is honest about what he is...

Just messin with ya. I said almost the very same thing. Then I sent the play upstairs for further review and had it overturned. You now understand why.

You will be hard pressed to show romney as corrupt as gun running, drug smuggling. and the multitudes of crony payoffs and no bid contracts.

I still dont know if I will vote for romney. I voted write in last election, I can do so again.

To my mind, Romney and Obama would be equally corrupt, equally liberal and equally bad for the country.

Just messin with ya. I said almost the very same thing. Then I sent the play upstairs for further review and had it overturned. You now understand why.

You will be hard pressed to show romney as corrupt as gun running, drug smuggling. and the multitudes of crony payoffs and no bid contracts.

I still dont know if I will vote for romney. I voted write in last election, I can do so again.

Well, as a practical matter, I live in IL, so unless Obama has completely screwed the pooch, he is going to carry his home state no matter what I do.

I think looking at what he did with Bain, what he did with the Olympics, the way he cut deals with the democrats, yeah, I could see a Romney presdiency being even worse than an Obama one.

Obama would be contained in a second term. He'd be a lame duck, and Republicans would be obligated to oppose him.

With Romney, they might go along with ROmneyCare Mark II just to give him an accomplishment to run on in 2016.

Well, as a practical matter, I live in IL, so unless Obama has completely screwed the pooch, he is going to carry his home state no matter what I do.

I think looking at what he did with Bain, what he did with the Olympics, the way he cut deals with the democrats, yeah, I could see a Romney presdiency being even worse than an Obama one.

Obama would be contained in a second term. He'd be a lame duck, and Republicans would be obligated to oppose him.

With Romney, they might go along with ROmneyCare Mark II just to give him an accomplishment to run on in 2016.

I dont support corruption on the basis the other guy could be as bad.

ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I see romney as an establishment repub. a closet democrat. Ive said I would support a ham sandwich over Obama. Romney may not make the cut to ham sandwich.

Romney at least has a record as gov, and it was a pretty good record in a very liberal state filled with liberals. Not your every day bleeding heart liberals, but the real, "you have no idea what the hell is wrong with these people" liberals. He may not be the best candidate, but he's the most conservative electable candidate which means we have to support him. I truly believe he would be a good president. Most of the base will support and vote for him and he will get all the indy's that voted for the platitudes from the last election. If he could somehow get Ryan or Rubio or maybe a Kelly Ayotte to run with, it would make a decent ticket. At least it would be a smart contrast this time. Shit, an old McCain, worn down and pathetic as he was almost pulled it off with Palin, even after she was unmasked as a moron if not for the economic collapse. Obama is in trouble, big trouble. But it can't be Newt. Newt will lose. The end goal is replacing Obama, I don't care if you replace Obama with an empty paper bag. The paper bag will do less harm.

Romney at least has a record as gov, and it was a pretty good record in a very liberal state filled with liberals. Not your every day bleeding heart liberals, but the real, "you have no idea what the hell is wrong with these people" liberals. He may not be the best candidate, but he's the most conservative electable candidate which means we have to support him. I truly believe he would be a good president. Most of the base will support and vote for him and he will get all the indy's that voted for the platitudes from the last election. If he could somehow get Ryan or Rubio or maybe a Kelly Ayotte to run with, it would make a decent ticket. At least it would be a smart contrast this time. Shit, an old McCain, worn down and pathetic as he was almost pulled it off with Palin, even after she was unmasked as a moron if not for the economic collapse. Obama is in trouble, big trouble. But it can't be Newt. Newt will lose. The end goal is replacing Obama, I don't care if you replace Obama with an empty paper bag. The paper bag will do less harm.

Rubio would be a great fit for VP because he would draw away some of the Latino vote from Obama. Ryan would be a great fit because he actually understand economics. If he had run for President I would have supported him.

ITS A TRAP! - YouTube

Rubio would be a great fit for VP because he would draw away some of the Latino vote from Obama. Ryan would be a great fit because he actually understand economics. If he had run for President I would have supported him.

And he has a personality. He's like a Ron Paul for normal people. (forgive me if I offend the Paulites but while I like Paul's economics from a purely theoretical standpoint, he's off the rails with FP and is too rigid, too old, too nutty. I like his books, but he shouldn't be POTUS). I like Rubio too, I'm sure I won't be popular around here but like Scott Brown too. What you have to remember with anyone from MA like Brown, he is representing complete loons in MA, he can't go too far. He's not a RINO like the Maine RINO's, he's a conservative I've listened to him enough to know he gets it. But he can only go so far in this state. Rubio is great, bright future, the GOP needs him and more like him. We need young, smart, brash and unapologetic conservatives. And they need to get out there and speak.

And he has a personality. He's like a Ron Paul for normal people. (forgive me if I offend the Paulites but while I like Paul's economics from a purely theoretical standpoint, he's off the rails with FP and is too rigid, too old, too nutty. I like his books, but he shouldn't be POTUS). I like Rubio too, I'm sure I won't be popular around here but like Scott Brown too. What you have to remember with anyone from MA like Brown, he is representing complete loons in MA, he can't go too far. He's not a RINO like the Maine RINO's, he's a conservative I've listened to him enough to know he gets it. But he can only go so far in this state. Rubio is great, bright future, the GOP needs him and more like him. We need young, smart, brash and unapologetic conservatives. And they need to get out there and speak.

Seeking this in a leader it stupid.

Seeking this in a leader it stupid.

Why? Should we conservatives feel anything but confident in our beliefs? By brash I mean energetic, spirited. Ever read " A Time For Choosing" ? I think it fits perfectly?

Well, I don't think McCain was anywhere near pulling it off. Except for his "convention/VP bounce, he was behind Obama in the polls the whole time. Just like Romney is behind Obama now, for the most part.

I also don't see Rubio touching him with a 10 foot pole after he demagogued the immigration issue the way he did.

And I don't see the end goal being just replacing Obama. My opinion, Romney would be worse than Obama. Obama is inept and arrogant, but I think he's a decent person.

Romney is lying, two-faced scum.

Well, I don't think McCain was anywhere near pulling it off. Except for his "convention/VP bounce, he was behind Obama in the polls the whole time. Just like Romney is behind Obama now, for the most part.

I also don't see Rubio touching him with a 10 foot pole after he demagogued the immigration issue the way he did.

And I don't see the end goal being just replacing Obama. My opinion, Romney would be worse than Obama. Obama is inept and arrogant, but I think he's a decent person.

Romney is lying, two-faced scum.

Bleeding heart liberals like Obama are always decent people. Jimmy Carter was decent people. I don't want bleeding hear liberals fundamentally changing America. You may not like Romney because he legally created wealth in a way you don't like. Fair enough. I understand Bain's model, you apparently don't or haven't bothered to do the research yourself. They didn't just slice up companies. Far from it.

Look, all Pols, ALL of them have issues IMO. Who in their right mind would want that job? They all have issues.

Bleeding heart liberals like Obama are always decent people. Jimmy Carter was decent people. I don't want bleeding hear liberals fundamentally changing America. You may not like Romney because he legally created wealth in a way you don't like. Fair enough. I understand Bain's model, you apparently don't or haven't bothered to do the research yourself. They didn't just slice up companies. Far from it.

Look, all Pols, ALL of them have issues IMO. Who in their right mind would want that job? They all have issues.

Actually, for those who came in late, my biggest problem with Romney is his religion. Won't vote for him on the basis of that alone. There are a ton of other good reasons not to vote for him- sleazy business deals, fake conservativism, has no empathy for what the common man goes through. But the first one was the deal killer for me.

I have researched what Bain did to companies like AmPad and Damon Medical. 4 out of the top 10 companies Bain invested in went bankrupt, and this was during the 1990's, when screwing up a company took a special level of incompetence.

Forum List

Back