Special report: Are Hispanics leaving?

Our farmers here in Ala had a terrible time finding people to pick crops after our controversial new law, It seems the illegals left by the thousands and even the ones who had green cards just stayed away.

Our farmers here in Ala had a terrible time finding people to pick crops after our controversial new law, It seems the illegals left by the thousands and even the ones who had green cards just stayed away.

:rolleyes:

A H2A visa program establishes lawful means for agricultural employers who anticipate a
shortage of domestic workers to bring an unlimited number of temporary foreign
workers
into the United States.

Employers must provide housing that meets lawful safety and health standards. They must also provide workers’ compensation insurance to workers.

The wage for H2A workers must be the same as that for U.S. workers.

The employer must ensure the legal temporary workers receive three meals a day.

We are certain that no reasonable person can somehow maintain that these requirements are somehow unfair, cumbersome or “too costly.”

With little fear of federal sanctions, these requirements make pliable and desperate, fugitive illegals considerably more profitable to use.

Illegal immigrants work in many sectors of the U.S. economy. According to National Public Radio in 2005, about ONLY 3 PERCENT WORK IN AGRICULTURE; 33 percent have jobs in service industries; and substantial numbers can be found in construction and related occupations (16 percent), and in production, installation, and repair (17 percent).[5] According to USA Today in 2006, about 4 percent work in farming; 21 percent have jobs in service industries; and substantial numbers can be found in construction and related occupations (19 percent), and in production, installation, and repair (15 percent), with 12% in sales, 10% in management, and 8% in transportation.

-

Do you have a problem with my statement or are you just looking for a fight?

I heard they were leaving in the masses after Pelosi initiated the Stock Market collapse of 2008,where after thousands of small businesses shut down that employed illegals. especially all those dishwashers. I also heard they were leaving is the masses from Arizona back to South America cause they were broke.

My friends in Floridastan charter flights and LEGALLY bring in Giant Negroes from South Africa to do the pole beans in the winter.These guys come out of the field with 300 lbs at a time. The sugar cane guys in Okeechobee use folks from the Bahamas.Nice, hard working people.
I never had any problems but I lack a superiority complex. Ever let a Honduran illegal drive your seventy 454 'Vette ? I have.

Quote from the preceeding link gives three reasons, two directly related to the decreased employment opportunities, and ONE related to "feeling discriminated against:"

Latinos are leaving Austin.
Some were here illegally while others are scared they won’t find work or safety in town.
Some say they feel discriminated against by police and local residents.
Some have lost their jobs and are going where the work is.

Regardless of the MAIN reason for "Reverse immigration" being lower employment opportunities, the article focuses on the immigrants "feeling unsafe."

Austin’s Latino issues mirror a national trend of reverse immigration. With increased attention on immigration – like Alabama’s policy allowing police to check residents’ status and detain undocumented immigrants without bail – more Hispanics, regardless of legal status, are feeling unsafe

What a pile of Bullshit: If anyone wants to "feel unsafe," or "discriminated against" then try illegally immigrating to Mexico as an Anglo. See if your children can apply for the Universidad de Mexico's tutition assistance programs.

It hasn't even started. Send me you import permissions from "duh land of the free". I'll send you some stuff....I doubt your masters at the FDA will allow it. It's organic (AKA=Evul)

and how much longer can they survive? what are they doing? are there families of 10 illegals sharing those sub-par apartments? that's what desperate/poor haitains are doing in miami.

I guess the farmers will have to get their hands dirty picking their own crops.

I guess the farmers will have to get their hands dirty picking their own crops.

Which is why the TPM controlled Florida State government may be crazy but not stupid, at least in this regard. A similar anti-immigration law failed earlier this year, Florida lawmakers showing deference to their agribusiness masters.

"A combination of factors, including police checking immigration status to businesses scrutinizing documents more during the hiring process, illegal aliens are finding it harder and harder to live in the state and are repatriating to their home countries".

It's simple. Attrition through enforcement works. No need for massive deportations.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...a-attrition-through-enforcement-working.html?

-
They are leaving certain places. Some are going back to their home countries. Some are moving to other states with less stringent immigration enforcement.
Have a friend who is a superintendent for a condo community in SC...Since construction work has slowed to a crawl, many of the Latinos are leaving or have left.
This is a good thing.
Many of them have made all the money they are going to make. They can return to their home nations and live like kings.

Mexico's Unemployment Rate is 4.5% compared to our 9.1%. Their GDP Growth Rate is also better than ours. Those who are going back to Mexico are probably making the right decision. How long will it be before our Citizens need to go to Mexico for jobs too?

Forum List

Back