Special Ops? What Are They?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
I have had quite a few people ask me what all the special forces groups where in the military, and I decided to look them up, and get links for people to look at them more in-depth. Here you go, I went in order from largest to smallest.

United States Army
Special Forces (Green Berets): Special Forces Candidate (18X)

75th Rangers: Ranger School

160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment

Special Forces Link: Special Forces Candidate | GoArmy.com

Rangers Link: 75th Ranger Regiment | GoArmy.com

Aviation Link: 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne)

United States Navy

Navy Seals

Seals Link: Official U.S. Navy SEAL Information Web Site

United States Air Force

Para-Rescue Men
Special Operations Weather
Combat Control
Tactical Air Control Party

Para-Rescue Link: Pararescue Apprentice (males only) - Enlisted Careers - AirForce.com

Special Operations Weather: Special Operations Weather Apprentice (males only) - Enlisted Careers - AirForce.com

Combat Control Apprentice (males only) - Enlisted Careers - AirForce.com

Air Control Link: Tactical Air Control Party Apprentice (TACP) (Males only) - Enlisted Careers - AirForce.com

United States Marine Core

Recon Marines

Recon Link: Marine Force Recon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far that I know, they recently opened up the Navy Seals for the Coast Guard to send people to train for, I found a article a while back that 4 were sent, 1 was injured, 1 failed, and 2 passed. I'll find the article if anyone wants it, I found it very interesting.

I apologize for missing a group, if I did, I tried to find everything I could. I honestly didn't know the Rangers where considered special forces until I read a article about it. If I missed a group, well, post it on a reply, I'll add them. I also apologize if I didn't go as depth in some as others, I simply had already looked them up. The US Army & US Air Force I had bias since I had already looked them up way before when debating whether to try for them.

A lot of special operations are not acknowledged to exist for example Delta Force. I know of two others from open sources but they too officially do not exist.

A lot of special operations are not acknowledged to exist for example Delta Force. I know of two others from open sources but they too officially do not exist.

Yea, I read about the Delta Force. I guess they will just have to receive credit from people who know them. I wonder if the CIA people should be put in that area too. Not sure.

Yea, I read about the Delta Force. I guess they will just have to receive credit from people who know them. I wonder if the CIA people should be put in that area too. Not sure.
Operations division certainly.

Operations division certainly.

Thanks for mentioning them, I knew about Delta Force, but I never really think about the un-sung heroes that much. I guess it's amazing people volunteer for it. Of course most people say I am insane for volunteering for stuff I do lol, guess it's just who people are.

Forum List

Back