Special Olympics

Well, my son made it to state. He got the gold in the 200 meter walk. What's really nice is the two boys that live with him are also going to state. They are going to have so much fun.

If you get a chance, volunteer, you won't find any more rewarding job in your life.

Congratulations to your son. Good luck to him and his roommates at the state level.:clap2:

Well, my son made it to state. He got the gold in the 200 meter walk. What's really nice is the two boys that live with him are also going to state. They are going to have so much fun.

If you get a chance, volunteer, you won't find any more rewarding job in your life.

I did that some years back. It was some of the most rewarding, amazing time of my life.

Give your son a high five. He rocks! :)

gold-medal-B2008.jpg

Good going!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's great! How fun, your son and his friends will have a GREAT time!

I LOVED being a coach at the State Level!

They held it at Indiana State University, one year Bobby Knight spoke to the athletes, another year Chuck Norris!

The athletes and their families, and the coaches and volunteers have the BEST time! It's something none of you will forget!

Tell you son EZ sends him a high five!

As I stated in the pos rep... I don't care what our argument differences are or our political differences are.. that is absolutely GREAT and all the props/praise/kudos in the world to you, your son, and your family

good for him....great news...how sweet...they had to postpone the sp oly here...i am not sure why...weather i think.....but you are right ..volunteering or just going for an hour for moral support is a great day...

here is his sign:

WINNER.jpg

When I saw title "Special Olympics" I thought it was about Obama and his bowling achievements. I am glad I was wrong. :cuckoo:

Congrats to your boy and wish him and you well. Thank you for sharing news with us. :clap2:

Ame®icano;1192224 said:
When I saw title "Special Olympics" I thought it was about Obama and his bowling achievements. I am glad I was wrong. :cuckoo:

Congrats to your boy and wish him and you well. Thank you for sharing news with us. :clap2:

Not everything is about Obama....:lol:

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. My son and his friends are excited to be going. Nick talks and he's all over the place "Can you believe I made it to state my first year?" He's so excited, he's one of the men Andrew lives with. Andrew just smiles. He loves the special olympics. I know I've told this story before but for those of you who haven't heard it, when Andrew was younger, we couldn't keep anything on his walls. No pictures, no stick ups, nothing. Then after his first year in special olympics, we made a collage with his medals and pictures and a big poster. THAT stayed on the wall. He has several of them now. He doesn't talk, but that's a pretty good indication, I think,of how much he likes the special olympics and those medals.

Forum List

Back