Special forces capture leader of Benghazi attack!

Why should he be held anywhere? A 9mm bullet behind the ear by a SF member would be more than adequate for me.

What happened to us being a nation of laws?

We are a nation of laws for American citizens, aren't we? Should someone who is a foreigner and who launches a murderous terrorist attack against American citizens be considered "innocent until proven guilty"?

After all, the protections guaranteed by the United States Constitution only apply to American citizens, right? Or would you gladly offer this shithead murderer citizenship, even though he arranged to murder some of your own countrymen?
I thought the rights in the constitution were self-evident.
Doesn't that mean they apply to everyone?

Nope. Only American citizens.
So the Declaration of Independence is wrong.

The Declaration of Independence is not a law. Sorry!

Why should he be held anywhere? A 9mm bullet behind the ear by a SF member would be more than adequate for me.

We are a nation of laws for American citizens, aren't we? Should someone who is a foreigner and who launches a murderous terrorist attack against American citizens be considered "innocent until proven guilty"?

After all, the protections guaranteed by the United States Constitution only apply to American citizens, right? Or would you gladly offer this shithead murderer citizenship, even though he arranged to murder some of your own countrymen?

I had to scroll back to see who posted that gem! :badgrin:

Why do people always ask that stupid question? No, our rights do not apply to people in other countries or citizens of other countries, obviously. While they are here legally, then they are entitled to SOME rights but not all rights. When they are here illegally, they have broken laws and have lost SOME of their rights like any other criminal.

The rights in the US constitution apply to other people around the globe? It's a nice thought, IDB but it isn't based in reality! The rights that we have here in the US are found in very few other places on earth.
I never mentioned the consitution.
If you hold a truth (right) to be self evident...doesn't that make it universal never minding what country you're from?

You're right.
Isn't it the document that lays out the founding principles of the USA though?

You're right.

No, It explains why we didn't want to be British because the king was pissing us off!

You're right.

No, It explains why we didn't want to be British because the king was pissing us off!
So the USA was created on the principle of being pissed off.
That explains almost everything.

Art 5 in the Bill of Rights states: "NO PERSON shall be held to answer for a capital crime or otherwise infamous crime...nor shall any person be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law".

This along with article VI in our Bill of Rights sets us aside from most other nation states in the world.

Odd how some regular posters find Art II (2nd. A.) so clear and yet cannot comprehend or choose to ignore the 5th and 6th Amendments when it fits their needs..

If the terrorist is charged in federal court, then he will be afforded all the protection of our laws for a defendant as a citizen.

You're right.

So the USA was created on the principle of being pissed off.
That explains almost everything.

It is more like a break-up.

Forum List

Back