Speaking of Redundant

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Chicago:nepotism

It's called a 'machine' for a reason:

Families rule politics in Chicago

By DEANNA BELLANDI, Associated Press WriterWed Dec 20, 2:21 PM ET

When the longtime Cook County Board president suffered a stroke and couldn't run for another term, he anointed a successor: his son, a Chicago alderman.

And when a longtime Chicago City Council member recently gave up his post, his daughter was appointed to the job.

Declaring herself fed up with all the nepotism, a woman filed papers this week to run for City Council. Her name: Sandi Jackson, wife of Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. and daughter-in-law of the Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Chicago politics seems to practice the royal form of succession.

"It's our political culture," said University of Illinois at Chicago political science professor Dick Simpson.

And it starts right at the top.

You are a cheap piece of ass. I used the word "creditability" as representative of the ignorance and a direct quote of the person to whom I responded. Now, it seems, it becomes your favorite avatar and as some sick reflection of the actual Psychoblues. You are such a dork.

Psychoblues

hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... i think i am going to use this whole quote as my avatar to represent your lack of class and ignorance.

Didn't we fight a revoltion over this sort of thing?

Ah, well. It's a centuries-old phenomenon. And it may not be all bad. Nepotism does have some advantages. As long as the machine is running right.

New Topics

Forum List

Back