Speaking of Quagmire!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
The real war we never should have been party to. A primo example of the uselessness of the UN and EU. It's lasted longer than WWII, the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War. What was Clinton thinking?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070308/wl_nm/serbia_kosovo_west_dc

No quick exit for peacekeepers in Kosovo

By Douglas HamiltonThu Mar 8, 12:41 PM ET

"We've got to get you out of here," President George W. Bush told the U.S. Army commander in Kosovo in 2001.

Six years on, U.S. peacekeepers are still in place, as part of 'nation-building', a role the West had not planned.

Kosovo's future will be disputed at a summit of Serb and Kosovo Albanian leaders in Vienna on Saturday, billed as a last chance for compromise between them.

But Kosovo is not about to be given back to Serbia or entrusted wholly to its Albanian majority. The most the West can expect is that its nation-building task can be passed on from the United Nations and NATO to the European Union.

U.N. envoy Martti Ahtisaari mediated fruitless talks in 2006 and 2007, and expects no last-minute shift from Serb insistence on sovereignty or Albanian insistence on independence for Kosovo's 2 million people.

But deadlock at the highest level will clear the way for him to present his own plan for Kosovo to the United Nations later this month.

His plan gives neither side all it wants. It would, however, set Kosovo on course for independence under EU tutelage.

NATO could be moving out six months after it is signed.

In Belgrade on Thursday, NATO Secretary-General Jaap de Hoop Scheffer urged Serb leaders to cooperate in the final talks.

"NATO soldiers ... will for the foreseeable future stay in Kosovo to ... protect any and every citizen. NATO will not forsake its responsibility," he said.

But for Serbia, it was "of utmost importance to show real political leadership," he said after talks with President Boris Tadic, who will represent Serbia in Vienna.

Most analysts have already written off Vienna.

The real war we never should have been party to. A primo example of the uselessness of the UN and EU. It's lasted longer than WWII, the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War. What was Clinton thinking?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070308/wl_nm/serbia_kosovo_west_dc

Obviously they just dont understand. This was a war the libs and Dems WANTED ("their president")..all perfectly legal (meaning the Congress took the same actions they have been taking for this stuff since WW II ended) , never any atrocities, (that the press cared to report....US good!!!) and huge threat to world peace(sarcasm) (it at least took the attention off the sitting president's problems). Iraq on the other hand is a war the libs and Dems didn't war (not "their" president), is "illegal" ("I was for the war before I found out we could win it!") has more atrocities than the Holocaust (so sayeth the MSM and the enemy propaganda machine, which is essentially the same entity) and had no bearing on world peace (same sarcasm) (but the left and dems will make sure to make everything appear as a Presidential problem...even the weather).

Obviously they just dont understand. This was a war the libs and Dems WANTED ("their president")..all perfectly legal (meaning the Congress took the same actions they have been taking for this stuff since WW II ended) , never any atrocities, (that the press cared to report....US good!!!) and huge threat to world peace(sarcasm) (it at least took the attention off the sitting president's problems). Iraq on the other hand is a war the libs and Dems didn't war (not "their" president), is "illegal" ("I was for the war before I found out we could win it!") has more atrocities than the Holocaust (so sayeth the MSM and the enemy propaganda machine, which is essentially the same entity) and had no bearing on world peace (same sarcasm) (but the left and dems will make sure to make everything appear as a Presidential problem...even the weather).

Well I do believe we accidently hit the Chinese embassy or something of the Chinese. It was not 'approved' by UN, but heh since the French were for it no need, as they rarely go there for approval before they act.

Methinks thou dost protest too much CSM.

Switch the names and it's all the same. Oh how the Republicans cried like babies about nation building when the war wasn't for the glory of "their" President like the one in Iraq is.

I kind of miss the days when Republicans opposed nation building. Nowadays they just can't seem to get enough no matter how much blood it spills.

Forum List

Back