Speaker John Boehner has never sponsored an earmark in his congressional career !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAC2xeT2yOg&feature[/ame]

Boehner: Mine asked me to give out a half dozen checks quickly before we got to the end of the month and I complied. I did it on the House floor which I regret and I should not have done, it's not a violation of the House rules, but it's a practice that's gone on here for a long time.

Were the checks from tobacco companies?

Boehner: Ahh, I think if my memory serves me correctly, I think it was a tobacco company, yes.

Q)....but in this case tobacco's well timed contributions helped save its subsidy. The people that were passing out the checks won.

John Boehner admits to giving bribes from Big Tobacco on the House floor...Why does the media consider him credible? | Crooks and Liars

-------------------------------------------------------

Passing out bribes on the House Floor? I love it. This is your Republican Party. Well, even though they say they have morals and are for "family values", no one really believes it.

You have to admire Republicans. Everyone knows they are dishonest and no one expects them to be otherwise.

All these high standards for Democrats and none for Republicans. And it's what everyone expects.

More kids are killed by cars than by cigarettes. Fact.

Car Accident Statistics

Car accidents are the leading cause of death for kids between 2 and 14; About 2,000 children die each year from injuries caused by car accidents.

PolitiFact | Claims that smoking kills more people annually than other dangerous activities combined

It seems that Will plucked part of his claim from the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, a leading advocate for the new law. According to the organization, about 400,000 people die from their own smoking each year, and about 50,000 die from second-hand smoke annually. And according to the group's Web site, "Smoking kills more people than alcohol, AIDS, car accidents, illegal drugs, murders and suicides combined."

Even though that fact is repeated by many antismoking campaigns, and by the American Cancer Society, we decided to crunch the numbers ourselves. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2006, when their database was last updated, 22,073 people died of alcohol, 12,113 died of AIDS, 43,664 died of car accidents, 38,396 died of drug use — legal and illegal — 18,573 died of murder and 33,300 died of suicide.

That brings us to a total of 168,119 deaths, far less than the 450,000 that die from smoking annually.

If smoking is so bad for you, who still does it? - CNN

Hurt, who is also a professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine in Rochester, Minnesota, is a former three-pack-a-day smoker. Unlike most smokers, he picked up the habit during college; according to the CDC, about 90 percent of heavy smokers start in high school. And studies show that the younger you are when you start, the more likely you'll become a heavy smoker as an adult.

90% of 400,000 is 360,000. So 360,000 thousand people a year on average who started to smoke cigarettes as kids will die, 2,000 kids die from accidents a year. And even if you want to take all the adults who die from car accidents, smoking still dwarfs it.

Your move squealer, what disinformation will you try and share next?

No, you're doing that because you are an immature ignorant little hack with way too much time on his hands.
Tobacco is an important industry that employs millions of people and pays hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes. They produce a legal product that people are free to use or not use as they see fit. Demonizing it is merely fashionable for the young and stupid. Like you.

Not quite squealer. Though I guess because they employ millions of people and pay taxes, it means it okay for them to target kids, right? :eusa_eh:

I'm not demonizing the tobacco industry, they do a good job of that all themselves. I'm merely reposting the facts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAC2xeT2yOg&feature

Boehner: Mine asked me to give out a half dozen checks quickly before we got to the end of the month and I complied. I did it on the House floor which I regret and I should not have done, it's not a violation of the House rules, but it's a practice that's gone on here for a long time.

Were the checks from tobacco companies?

Boehner: Ahh, I think if my memory serves me correctly, I think it was a tobacco company, yes.

Q)....but in this case tobacco's well timed contributions helped save its subsidy. The people that were passing out the checks won.

John Boehner admits to giving bribes from Big Tobacco on the House floor...Why does the media consider him credible? | Crooks and Liars

-------------------------------------------------------

Passing out bribes on the House Floor? I love it. This is your Republican Party. Well, even though they say they have morals and are for "family values", no one really believes it.

You have to admire Republicans. Everyone knows they are dishonest and no one expects them to be otherwise.

All these high standards for Democrats and none for Republicans. And it's what everyone expects.

politicos give extra pac money they won't need because they are not in a race they need it for, to others in their parties all the time, or you could take the novel approach maxine waters did;

Has Maxine Waters found a way around the Federal Election Campaign Act?

My colleague Lindsay Young reports on what appears to be a unique fundraising strategy employed by Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif. Rather than raise the bulk of her campaign funds from political action committees and individual donors, Waters sells space on mailers to candidates and political causes she’s endorsed*, sometimes for as much as $45,000.

So Dave Jones, who’s running for insurance commissioner in California, paid Waters $25,000 for her endorsement. Under California election law, he can raise money directly from labor unions and businesses, as well as individuals. So the labor union AFSCME, for example, gave Jones $12,900.

Roxborough, Pomerance, Nye and Adreani LLP, a law firm “dedicated solely to providing businesses with a broad range of legal services in all facets of civil litigation with a primary focus on business, insurance, employment, and wage and hour litigation,” donated $6,500. As did Kershaw, Cutter & Ratinoff LLP, a law firm specializing in personal injury suits. Those three donations more than cover Jones’ purchase of Waters endorsement, but all three would be impermissible at the federal level–neither law firms nor labor unions can donate directly to federal candidates. This is not to say that those three donations, out of the thousands that Jones received, went directly to Waters, only that all money is fungible, and Waters benefits by selling an endorsement to a committee that takes contributions that her own campaign can’t take directly.

Has Maxine Waters found a way around the Federal Election Campaign Act? — Sunlight Foundation Blog

get off your cross :lol:

According to Boehners voting record he seemed to vote for anything routing govt money to religious groups.

yes, I agree. however, yes however, we could fill a single space atlas shrugged sized tome with the names of politicos from both sides of the aisle how lived on or took tobacco money, I just thinks is lame to beat on him for that, if we don't beat on others. Hes the leader or appears to be set to take the post, so I guess the spotlight is warranted, but really its all a tempest in a teapot, no pun intended.

Last time he was up for reelection his opponent could have made that case...now? Its cherry picking I think.

To be fair, I'm only beating Boehner specifically for it in this thread because this thread is about John. Any member of Congress, no matter what party that is in the pocket of the tobacco lobby is in the same place as Boehner.

No, you're doing that because you are an immature ignorant little hack with way too much time on his hands.
Tobacco is an important industry that employs millions of people and pays hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes. They produce a legal product that people are free to use or not use as they see fit. Demonizing it is merely fashionable for the young and stupid. Like you.

Are you defending a drug addiction that causes cancer?

The Washington Times
Mr. Boehner, who never has sponsored an earmark in his congressional career, earlier this year convinced his fellow House Republicans to refrain from inserting them into legislation until end of the year. But pet projects remain popular with senior lawmakers of both parties, so it's uncertain if he can shepherd through a permanent ban.

There is hope yet. Go Mr. Speaker ! Between this & Ron Paul Chairing the Monetary Policy Subcommittee, it is going to be a complete shock to the corrupt Washington System. :cool:

The Washington Times is owned by the Moonies, who believe the Rev. Sun Young Moon is the Second Coming of Christ.

Boehner may have never sponsored earmarks, but he sponsored two useless wars that cost us a trillion dollars and accomplished NOTHING.

The Washington Times
Mr. Boehner, who never has sponsored an earmark in his congressional career, earlier this year convinced his fellow House Republicans to refrain from inserting them into legislation until end of the year. But pet projects remain popular with senior lawmakers of both parties, so it's uncertain if he can shepherd through a permanent ban.

There is hope yet. Go Mr. Speaker ! Between this & Ron Paul Chairing the Monetary Policy Subcommittee, it is going to be a complete shock to the corrupt Washington System. :cool:

The Washington Times is owned by the Moonies, who believe the Rev. Sun Young Moon is the Second Coming of Christ.

Boehner may have never sponsored earmarks, but he sponsored two useless wars that cost us a trillion dollars and accomplished NOTHING.

Actually the Iraq War Resolution was sponsored in the House by that notorious right wing Republican Dick Gephardt.
But dont let facts interfere with your spin. They never have before.

Until there is a law restricting earmarks, they will continue to exist. Greedy politicians do whatever it takes to get re-elected. Some even go as far as switching parties in hopes of riding the next wave to office.

Wow, you forgot a couple of key points in your argument like how tobacco companies ADD several unnatural ingredients to tobacco products to dramatically increase addiction and how they target youths in hopes of attaining life long addicts.....

Last edited:
:smoke: Of course democrats are just fine with marijuana lobbyist, but tobacco lobbyist are bad. :smoke:

For the record I hate the ATF, DEA & prescription drugs. I think all drugs should be able to be purchased free of big daddy government demanding I pay a doctor for a script & a pharmacist to dispense it. In Mexico you can walk into a pharmacy & buy whatever drug you need with no hassle. I say ban all alcohol, tobacco & drugs for youth until they are 21 & after that age they are all legal. Of course now that government is demanding I pay for everyones health-care, I say if you are a recreational drinker, smoker or drug user then you do not get health-care unless you pay for your own.

Last edited:

Wow, you forgot a couple of key points in your argument like how tobacco companies ADD several unnatural ingredients to tobacco products to dramatically increase addiction and how they target youths in hopes of attaining life long addicts.....

Proof?

umm it is an earmark whether declared or not if the engine or components are made in your state.

Here is the story on that engine for a little help, the original engine was awarded to Pratt & Whitney and they have thousands of hours of testing and inflight hours on an engine that is going into production. Then along comes G.E. (Ohio) who was awarded a contract from a alternate engine to the F-35 even though none of the services need it or want it. In fact having two engines in the supply chain will add aditional costs in training and service all across the services. It defeats the entire purpose of the F-35 program i.e. " Joint Strike Fighter" which was supposed to cut cost because the aircraft chares common parts across the services. These days cut costs is sort of comic relief when it comes to DoD purchasing and this is just another example, so call it what you will "earmark", pork, whatever, its wreckless spending.

The Washington Times

Did you read his new book?

Boehner called former President Donald Trump “a little crazy,” said former President Bill Clinton is “the best politician I’ve ever met” and praised President Joe Biden as “a really good guy.”

No comment from the porkulus tax & spend democrats?

Verb 1. earmark - give or assign a resource to a particular person or cause; "I will earmark this money for your research"

earmarks - definition of earmarks by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

The problem is those on the right don't understand how things work. They are not real bright. It's their kind that gave us two Republican administrations who ran this country into the ground.

A "perfect" example. I know Republicans will laugh at this because they don't understand how things work.

Remember when John McCain laughed at "earmarks" being spent studying honeybees? To him, as well as most Republicans, honeybees are terrible insects that sting. They don't understand that nearly our entire agricultural economy depends on "honeybees" and scientists don't understand why they are dying, and by dying, threatening America's entire food supply.

OK, let the jokes begin. Go ahead Republicans. Show us how stupid you really are.

On your earmark:

Get set:

GO!

Why say stupid shit to make yourself feel better?

Forum List

Back