Speaker Fight Widens K Street, Tea Party Rift

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
But in the long term, GOP disarray and the growing clout of conservatives in the House suggest a dramatic shift within the Republican Party that could weaken the party’s business allies. Tea party activists on and off Capitol Hill are agitating for an agenda that is anathema to the K Street crowd, including the shuttering of the Export-Import Bank and direct confrontations with the White House that could lead to a government shutdown.

“There was this incredible iron grip between the appropriators, leaders, K Street — think how busted up that is,” declared Adam Brandon, CEO of the tea party group FreedomWorks. “The next speaker is going to be much more interested in keeping grassroots Americans happy than keeping K Street happy.”

FreedomWorks ginned up more than 11,000 messages to Capitol Hill in the 48 hours prior to McCarthy's announcement, urging Republicans not to vote for the Californian on the grounds he is “John Boehner lite,” and that Boehner’s opponents “cannot allow his favorite crony to replace him.”
http://www.rollcall.com/news/speaker_fight_widens_k_street_tea_party_rift-244136-1.html

We can cut the crap on "grassroots".

Sometimes, you don't want to get what you ask for

The TeaTards have been screaming anarchy for six years. I don't think they know what will happen if they get it

Wait--K street is not on the side of the Tea Party?

Wall street i not on the TP side

Most Main street Republicans are not.

Then, who are the TP allies? How did this group gain power?

How were they able to coalesce into a party broker that is able to uproot the GOP leadership?

Shocking!! The TEA is Shocking America!!

I actually find it extremely FUNNY how this process in which a party nominates and settles on the next Speaker has been blown so out of proportion and has so many people riled up.

Did everyone think Boehner was going to step down and the GOP was going to part like the Red Sea as a unanimously agreed upon member strode boldly to 'sit upon the throne'?! LOL

This is a rare opportunity, and there are a couple members who would not mind seizing it. Like citizens, and people on this board, not everyone is going to agree on the same thing. The way things are shaking out should have been / should be expected.

Another funny / sad thing is that Americans wanted Boehner replaced by someone who will dight for them and instead is probably going to be fed another Washington Establishment GOP rep (Ryan) because no one else has the guts / leadership to step forward.

No matter who ends up as Speaker, with the partisan division & McConnell in the Senate refusing to go against Obama/Libs, Conservatives had better realize NOTHING is going to change.

The TeaTards have been screaming anarchy for six years. I don't think they know what will happen if they get it

A little off on your assessment... Anarchy is black lives matter, no more taxes is tea party.

Hashtag more Rino hunting

Sooooo slow painful death doing nothing or drastic 'surgery' to try to save the 'patient'?

I think they do. I just think they underestimate the backlash.

Forum List

Back