Speak Truth About Iraq

Now, for Mc Cain : the volunty is a good thing...and can do a lot..but sometimes....it is not enough...to take a city, you have to be bright, and also have a good and big army, well prepare for the urban fights.

padisha emperor said:
Now, for Mc Cain : the volunty is a good thing...and can do a lot..but sometimes....it is not enough...to take a city, you have to be bright, and also have a good and big army, well prepare for the urban fights.

Dish---there's no big hurry here. Give it some time-you might be surprised!

MJDuncan1982 said:
In addition, I was not suggesting we admit defeat and run. Why does it have to be all or nothing here? A good strategist knows the truth about the situation so s/he can act accordingly. And the public discourse on Iraq would benefit as well acknowledging what state the situation is in.

Well you do have a point, I think we should be more aggressive in the certain areas that are hotbeds for terrorist and their recruitment, however we still are not getting the whole truth about the progress we are making for obvious reasons. Remember Pat Buchannan has his own agenda, including his new book "Where the Right went Wrong", he tends to be an isolationist when it comes to our country and it's place in the world.

Bullypulpit said:
But he stood by his guns and did the right thing. He understood the consequences of pushing on into Bagdhad and toppling Hussein...Unlike his cognitively impaired offspring.

Actually Bush 1 was wrong to not go all the way into Iraq and get Hussein then, he caved into the wishes of the coalition, and this is one of the reasons we are back there now. So now Bush junior is doing the right thing by doing what is in our best interest.

nakedemperor said:
McCain: Bush not straight enough on Iraq

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/19/iraq.senators/index.html

McCain? Ruh-roh...

Why do you guys think Republiacns give two hoots what McCain says most of the time? You know there is a reason why we didnt want him to be our presidential Candidate dont you? You guys act like McCain is some sort of political god for some reason. Frankly i dont see it. If i was old enough and in Arizona id run against him in the Senate race and i would have an easy time too. His actions against the first amendment are atrocious.

padisha emperor said:
hahaha..;

Napoleon took Moscow...read some history book.
he won near Moscow, in Borodino (la Moscowa) and after took Moscow.
And AFTER Moscow was in flames.

Wrong. He had been counting on resupplying his troops and horses. When the Russians retreated they burned all of Moscow and there was nothing to take for sustenance. Without any supporting supply line, Napoleon found himself at a severe disadvantage. The remaining dregs of napoleons horde withered away as it marched back to Europe in defeat.

If i was old enough and in Arizona id run against him in the Senate race and i would have an easy time too.

Why? You gonna hire Karl Rove?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Bonnie said:
Actually Bush 1 was wrong to not go all the way into Iraq and get Hussein then, he caved into the wishes of the coalition, and this is one of the reasons we are back there now. So now Bush junior is doing the right thing by doing what is in our best interest.

I agree.

However, the same can be said of Saddam. He was a fool not to continue into Saudi Arabia.

Just alternate blunders in the same game.

Bush Jr. is doing what's in his best interests - damn the rest of the country of the future generation.

Wade.

padisha emperor said:
he won near Moscow, in Borodino (la Moscowa)

Ok, you've said that twice now, so I shall take issue with it. Actually let's let le grande empereur speak:

"The greatest valour was displayed and the least success gained. We deserved the victory, but the Russians would not be beaten."

-Napoleon, in exile, remarking on the Battle of Borodino

No one won on the field of Borodino.

True, the russians fought very well here. Napeoleon even appreciate the job of the russians artillery men.
But it was all the same a victory. expensiev in lives, but... a kind of "Victory like Pyhrrus" (victoire à la Pyhrrus)

nbdysfu : the french army enter to Moscow; the french soldiers get in.
Napoleon saw moscox in flames when he was in the Tsar palace.

And that is best that all the other nation....germans couldn't arived in moscow...like USA :D :D

but hat not realy the thread, sorry, continue on the truth about Iraq.

Abd war, illegal war, UK 's population wants to leave - 71% - blair don't like Bush no more, the world hates the USA, the guerrilla transform the iraq war in a 2nd Vietnam.

Forum List

Back