AveryJarhman

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2015
ny
#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

Hello. In your opinion, will relations between black and non-black American citizens improve once ALL responsible American citizens recognize and take meaningful action addressing America's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, aka America's potentially life scarring SYSTEMIC & GENERATIONAL Culture of Black or African American Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect and Maltreatment that evolved from America's multi-generational, ignorant, once legal Culture of Racism!

Respectfully, I would like to learn if YOU are familiar with author and violence researcher, as well as 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor, Dr. Stacey Patton, Ph.D, and her extensive research into potentially life scarring, as well as deadly domestic violence committed against American children and teens, aka our Nation's most precious and cherished assets?

I have assigned my own subtitle to Dr. Patton's research, 'Mental Health & Potentially Life Scarring, Systemic Child Abuse'

dr stacey patton police parental britality.jpg

"Spare The Kids: Why Whooping Children Won't Save Black America." ~Dr. Stacey Patton

Why Does Black America Embrace ā€œWhuppingā€ Kids? An Author Has Theoriesā€”and Says Itā€™s Time to Stop.

The Slate Aisha Harris, "I mean itā€™s a tricky line to walk, right? You talk in the book about the idea that we deify the black mother, often to the detriment of other black women. I can imagine that was very difficult to discuss."

Dr. Patton: "Yeah, Iā€™m bracing for the backlash on that."

The Slate Aisha Harris asks, "Which parts in particular did you find the most challenging to write about?"

Dr. Patton: "The mothers beating their sons. That was hard. I wrote an article about that same subject before, and I got a lot of backlash for it. People were talking about how black women are blamed for everything. This is another thing that we, you know, do wrong. So there was this defensiveness, there was this need to defend black womanhood, to defend black mothers. And when we talk about black menā€™s misogyny and violence, itā€™s talked about like itā€™s something intuitive to their nature, [as if] socialization doesnā€™t play a part ā€¦"

"Sometimes, black men are groomed to be shitty toward women, because their mothers taught them how to be this way ā€¦ Even some of the men I interviewed said, you know, I avoided black women altogether because of the way my mother and my aunties or grandma treated me. I thought all black women were mean, harsh. I didnā€™t want a woman who resembled anything like my mother. And when [black women] hear black men say this, itā€™s like, ā€œOh you just wanna be with Becky. You just want a white girl whoā€™s going to do whatever.ā€ Itā€™s just dismissed. So that was a very, very tense chapter to get through.""

___
Placing themselves at risk being hated, denigrated and bullied by a significant population of apparent emotionally troubled, illogical thinking 'PRO BLACK' minded Americans citizens, the following American citizens bravely share their thoughts opinions and concerns about the EMOTIONAL HEALTH and PHYSICAL SAFETY of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets.

"I agree that SINGLE MOTHERS are DESTROYING their sons." ~Neko Cheri

___
"How black Women sabotage their sons" ~Law of Polaris -North Star-

___
"Lamenting Multiple Baby Daddies"

___
"Mental illness in Black Communities" Published on Nov 10, 2010 www dawsondenise com

Dr. Umar Johnson Ph.D, Dr. Boyce Watkins Ph.D, Tariq Nasheed7.jpg
____
I understand potentially life scarring incompetent, dysfunctional or criminal parenting touches the lives of kids residing in EVERY single American community.

HOWEVER, I cannot and WILL NOT ignore the FACT that for more than thirty years significant numbers of apparent or admitted depressed, emotionally ill American urban story-TRUTH-tellers raised, nurtured and socialized by black or American teen and adult moms of African descent have been composing music art HATEFULLY demeaning and denigrating black or American females of African descent.

Something is DEFINITELY AMISS when for decades, from coast to coast, American music performers and significant numbers of American urban story-TRUTH-tellers, including Mr. Barack ā€œMy Brotherā€™s Keeperā€ Obama & Mrs. Michelle "GIRL POWER" Obama's friends and WH guests, are HATEFULLY characterizing their moms, sisters, grandmas, daughters, aunts and nieces as less than human creatures and *hores undeserving of being treated with basic human respect.

obama white house guests.jpg
________

How about sparing the kid and not using the rod?

The following are quotes and excerpts from college professor and 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Dr. Stacey Patton's public interviews, as well as her book "Spare the Kids: Why Whupping Children Won't Save Black America".

"I would have never been able to do this work if I had come into this world with a mother who stayed, who nurtured me in a healthy way." ~Dr. Stacey Patton

The Undefeated: 'Are there any concepts in your book that may be new to readers?'

Dr. Patton: "I think that some of the data. For example, in the past 10 years, if you look at the annual child maltreatment reports that are put out by the Association for Children and Families, African-Americans have killed over 3,600 children.

A lot of people will say, ā€˜Itā€™s better for me to whup my child than the police,ā€™ but when you look at the data, yes, weā€™ve seen instances of state violence against unarmed black children, but when you look at the data for the past 10 years, African-Americans kill an average of 360 children a year.

If you line that up against the police killings, it pales in comparison. African-American children are more at risk of being assaulted, physically injured or killed by their own parents than by the police. Thereā€™s that."

"In 2015, black kids had the highest rate of abuse and neglect, at 14.5 per 1,000 children, compared with 8.1 per 1,000 for white children, according to the Childrenā€™s Bureau, part of the Department of Health and Human Services."

"More than 3,600 black children in the United States have died as a result of maltreatment in the past decade, a rate three times higher than for all other racial groups. Suicide rates among elementary-age black children have nearly doubled since the 1990s, while the rates for white children have fallen, according to a 2015 report from the Journal of the American Medical Association.ā€"
____
(*May 18, 2015 - Rise in Suic!de by Black Children Surprises Researchers - The New York Times*)

POVERTY toya graham .jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

Royalty Marie Floyd, Carolyn Veronica Jones.png

"Candlelight vigil planned for toddler stabbed, baked in oven"

Candlelight vigil planned for toddler stabbed, baked in oven

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - "A Shaw, Mississippi grandmother remains behind bars after she was charged with stabbing her 20-month-old granddaughter and putting her in a hot oven."

"The 48-year-old grandmother Carolyn Jones is charged with first-degree murder accused of stabbing and cooking her own granddaughter, little Royalty Marie Floyd."

'My Heart Has Been Ripped Out': Mother Of Baby That Was Stabbed & Baked Speaks Out
____
Hello. Have Oprah and our Nation's medical professionals declared War on a significant population of mostly American Moms failing to recognize that placing ABOVE ALL ELSE the emotional well being of our Nation's most precious and cherished assets, will most likely result with a fairly or wonderfully happy child maturing into a reasonably responsible teen and adult citizen caring about their own well being, as well as embracing compassion, empathy and respect for their peaceful and less fortunate neighbors?

Now that 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor Oprah Winfrey LOUDLY addressed our Nation's *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS, will YOU, a responsible, caring American citizen join Oprah & Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, MD, pediatrician & CEO of the 'Center For Youth Wellness', in passionately calling for a National MOVEMENT educating American & foreign born primary child caregivers about a potentially life scarring medical disease/condition:

"Childhood Trauma" aka
"Adverse Childhood Experiences" (#ACEs)

___
During a March 11, 2018 '60 Minutes' segment titled, "Treating Trauma," Oprah Winfrey, a 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim-survivor, shared knowledge regarding America's easily PREVENTABLE, though potentially life scarring *CHILD CARE* PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS.

EYE-OPENING knowledge Oprah exuberantly confirms is a "game changer."

YouTube search terms: "Oprah Winfrey 'Fixing The 'Hole In Your Soul'"

_Belinda Pittman-McGee Oprah Winfrey_02.jpg
___
The late 'Childhood Trauma' (#ACEs) victim Tupac Shakur's T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. Child Abuse, Emotional Neglect, Abandonment & Maltreatment *AWARENESS-PREVENTION* concept applies to American and foreign born citizens of ALL backgrounds:

T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. - "The Hate U Give Little Infants Fvvks *EVERYONE"* ~Tupac Shakur

ā€œWe need more people who care; you know what Iā€™m saying? We need more women, mothers, fathers, we need more of thatā€¦ā€ ~Tupac Shakur, American urban story-TRUTH-teller

_tupac dr nadine burke harris common.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; *End Our National Epidemic of Child Abuse and Neglect*; End Community Violence, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

New Topics

Forum List

Back