Spanking.... For..or..Against..?

Once in a while, I don't see an issue with it. Just don't do it when you're angry, IMO.

Do you suggest just doing it at a random time when everyone is happy?

That would certainly keep kids on their toes.

As Disney World:

"Dad, thanks for bringing us here! It's so much fun! Can we go see Mickey now?"

"Sure, son. But first..."

SPANK SPANK SPANK SPANK

"Why are you crying? You are at Disney World?"

My folks rarely (and in my case, never) hit us. My mom would swipe at us once in a while, but never connected, or just barely. My dad accidentally knocked out my 9 y.o. brother's tooth when that brother threw Dad's tackle box into the river (and believe me, my brother had a very obnoxious mouth) and dad slapped his mouth and the tooth came out. Dad was appalled. Same brother got the yardstick (one of the really flimsy ones) broken over his jeaned backside by my mom when he lit a piece of paper on fire in his room, then raced out of the room to tell mom and dad a stranger had been in his room and he saw him run out the front door. Mom and dad believed him, and were loaded for bear, running around the house looking for the "stranger" before they finally figured out and bro admitted he'd started the fire. Dad was a lot more forgiving, Mom was more pissed about the lying part of it...they thought some freak had come into our home with all of us in it and started a fire! It took three thwacks on his ass to break the yardstick. It was well deserved, I always said he needed to beat more, but nobody ever listened to me.

Only other incident I can think of involved my 10 or 11 year old older brother who wanted to go (alone) to the carnival. We lived miles out of town, on a lake, and the folks said no way, you're not going alone to some slimy carnival. About 20 minutes later they realized he was missing, so loaded up us kids and we went hunting. We found him a couple of miles down the road, and each parent grabbed an arm and each used a scotch broom switch to stripe him up and down his legs, it was horrible, we were all crying, including my parents. But though he was probably striped a little for a few hours, he wasn't later in the evening or next day.

Other than that, they were amazingly gentle with us kids. My brother was my dad's stepson, and he still didn't lose his temper with him. They were just terrified he might have made it to the carnival and been predated and whisked away from us.

I also remember my dad pinning my (then) 16 y.o. older brother against the wall after my brother called him a butt fucker, again because bro had been told not to do something wildly inappropriate and unsupervised, but he didn't hit him. He just restrained him.

More later on MY use of spanking, sure you're all dying to know. got a call...

I am pro spanking.

IMO parents don't hit their kids nearly enough these days.

:razz:

No really, that is how I feel. I got and desseved plenty of them.

As a child free adult, it is really none of my business.....I say spank 'em if ya got 'em... or don't .....:)

Such conviction... amazing...
puzzled-21.png

I do believe in it but i don't believe the swat, thump, strike, ....whatever you wanna call it...should happen more than 3 times. Hubby and i used to get into arguments over this all the time, he'd hit them like 5-6 times in a row. Overkill....

Forum List

Back