Spanish fathers entitled to breastfeeding leave

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The new legislation means that both the mother and father are allowed to leave work for an hour during the day or reduce their working day by half an hour during the first nine months following the birth of a child.

The European Union Court of Justice in Luxembourg ruled on Thursday that the Spanish law caused an "unjustified discrimination on grounds of sex" because fathers do not have the same rights as mothers.

Spanish fathers entitled to breastfeeding leave - Telegraph

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like the Spaniards could use some re-edumacation.

nursing.jpg

The new legislation means that both the mother and father are allowed to leave work for an hour during the day or reduce their working day by half an hour during the first nine months following the birth of a child.

The European Union Court of Justice in Luxembourg ruled on Thursday that the Spanish law caused an "unjustified discrimination on grounds of sex" because fathers do not have the same rights as mothers.

Spanish fathers entitled to breastfeeding leave - Telegraph

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I agree with the ruling. If one makes working accomodations for women with newborns, the men should also get those. There should be no distinction about working accomodations based on gender. Just my opinion. If one is an advocate for equal rights, then one should be an advocate for truly equal rights.

Personally, I don't agree with the original accomodation, but that's just me.

I believe in the accomodation for lactating women. Full breasts can be extremely painful. Men have no such claim. The hour is not to feed the baby (who takes newborns to work?) it's to express milk for future feedings. I guess men can claim they have full balls and need to ejaculate. That would make more sense tha
n this nonsense.

I believe in the accomodation for lactating women. Full breasts can be extremely painful. Men have no such claim. The hour is not to feed the baby (who takes newborns to work?) it's to express milk for future feedings. I guess men can claim they have full balls and need to ejaculate. That would make more sense tha
n this nonsense.
I understand that. The men should be given equal time off. It matters not to me what they do with that time. Time is time, irrespective of genitalia.

But it's a slippery slope. What about "non lactating" parents? Maybe they should just give everyone a two hour break during the day. Oh wait - this is Spain. Siesta time!!!! No wonder their economy is in the shitter.

But it's a slippery slope. What about "non lactating" parents? Maybe they should just give everyone a two hour break during the day. Oh wait - this is Spain. Siesta time!!!! No wonder their economy is in the shitter.
That could be an argument, definitly, for folks who are not able to have children, whether by choice or for physical reasons.

That is why I disagree with the original ruling allowing women who have newborns such time off.

Forum List

Back