Spanglish

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
just watched the movie...

I am Adam Sandler...(sigh)..wow.

This was the first movie I've seen where a non-gay character was written about 90% from my personality and composition. I could identify with many situations the characters found themselves in. I really enjoyed the flick.

Hey, at least you've got a halfway decent character. Here's who I've had people say "wow, that's you!"...

Nicholas Cage in "Adaptation."

Jack Black in "High Fidelity"

Paul Giamatti in "Sideways"

The only thing I can see that they all have in common is that they're all in some stage of loserdom! :poop:

-=d=- said:
just watched the movie...

I am Adam Sandler...(sigh)..wow.

This was the first movie I've seen where a non-gay character was written about 90% from my personality and composition. I could identify with many situations the characters found themselves in. I really enjoyed the flick.

If you can identify with him being with the hottest looking woman in the world you are a lucky man indeed !!!!

dilloduck said:
If you can identify with him being with the hottest looking woman in the world you are a lucky man indeed !!!!

Well...that part I can't identify with...but I can appreciate the character's struggles, etc...His desire to give up what he may be 'entitled to' to do 'the right thing'.

:)

-=d=- said:
Well...that part I can't identify with...but I can appreciate the character's struggles, etc...His desire to give up what he may be 'entitled to' to do 'the right thing'.

sorry dude-----j/k----finding "yourself" like that musta been great. Didn't mean to diminish it.

dilloduck said:
sorry dude-----j/k----finding "yourself" like that musta been great. Didn't mean to diminish it.

oh! naw...nothing to 'minish' at all...was just neat to see a character written pretty close to how I am...and he wasn't a baffoon...or gay.

Been thinking of renting this. Don't see many movies in the theater. Nice to hear something about it.

My husband and I rented this last night. It was really good! I was glad to see they didn't go through with the affair. So many movies have you rooting for the infidelity (Hope this doesn't spoil it for anyone!). I loved the way his character was so involved/supportive of his daughter. It made me want to cry!

My husband liked it, too, which shocked me. It was a lot more of a "chick flick" than Sandler usually does. I usually rent those for myself to watch in intervals during the day, just to spare my poor husband. But he actually liked the movie. Now we have to see "Ocean's Twelve" for him.

mom4 said:
My husband and I rented this last night. It was really good! I was glad to see they didn't go through with the affair. So many movies have you rooting for the infidelity (Hope this doesn't spoil it for anyone!). I loved the way his character was so involved/supportive of his daughter. It made me want to cry!

My husband liked it, too, which shocked me. It was a lot more of a "chick flick" than Sandler usually does. I usually rent those for myself to watch in intervals during the day, just to spare my poor husband. But he actually liked the movie. Now we have to see "Ocean's Twelve" for him.

I know.. Didn't he make an *awsome* husband/father?

And he can cook to boot!!!! Woot!!!

He usually plays screwoff characters, but he did really well with this one.

The wife (Tea Leoni) reminds me of someone I know, only she's not so expressive and talkative. She stuffs everything inside. To live inside a mind like that.... what can you do for a person like that? To know that it wasn't just a characterization, but there are really people out there who are that paranoid, that intensely insecure, and that driven... wow. :(

Shattered said:
I know.. Didn't he make an *awsome* husband/father?

And he can cook to boot!!!! Woot!!!

He usually plays screwoff characters, but he did really well with this one.

I really liked him in "50 First Dates," too. My husband's favorite is "Happy Gilmore." :dunno:

mom4 said:
I really liked him in "50 First Dates," too. My husband's favorite is "Happy Gilmore." :dunno:

Have you seen Happy Gilmore? It's a freakin riot.. So is Water Boy. As a screwoff, he's funny as hell.. I just never thought he could pull off a serious character.. Kinda like Jim Carrey...ya know?

Shattered said:
Have you seen Happy Gilmore? It's a freakin riot.. So is Water Boy. As a screwoff, he's funny as hell.. I just never thought he could pull off a serious character.. Kinda like Jim Carrey...ya know?

He always seemed to have a sensitive side to me. I guess he just never seemed mature enough to pull it off. He has grown up into a nice young man!

mom4 said:
He always seemed to have a sensitive side to me. I guess he just never seemed mature enough to pull it off. He has grown up into a nice young man!

Nice young man? OMG. I think he's either my age, or a little older.

He showed some emotional depth in Punch-Drunk Love, which is my favorite movie by him (followed closely by Billy Madison).

I guess after all this raving, I'll have to go rent Spanglish.

Forum List

Back