Spamming on Middle East threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a problem with one poster (JStone) continually spamming threads in the Middle East and Israel/Palestine sections.

By spamming, I mean posting the same, often half-page long off-topic quotes and rants again and again and again.

As far as I can tell, the point is to avoid other posters seeing pages on which he is proven wrong or in some way humiliated, and in some threads seems to be designed simply to make any kind of debate impossible.

If this were happening only once in a while I wouldn't bother complaining, about right now it is extremely difficult to debate any Middle Eastern topic without having every page of the thread spammed with weird pictures, videos of crowd noise (?!), cartoons and endless C&Ps.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/israel-and-palestine/223214-what-is-your-background-interest-in-the-middle-east-22.html#post5274540

Would you like some cheese with your whine? :badgrin:

Still upset I demolished you repeatedly and showed what an utterly uneducated poseur you really are? Never bring a pocket knife to a gun fight. You'll lose every time, as I have demonstrated. :clap2:

Last edited:
She was pointing at Sunni man.

sunni man IS a holocaust denier

Oh, really - I didn't know that.

Whatever his beliefs might be, I've never seen Sunni Man post 1/8 of the really, nasty racist abuse JStone does.

Sunni Boy has his own ideas on what should be done with the Jews..

My solution to the Jewish problem.

Would be to round them up world wide and find and island to quarantine them on.

There are several islands in the world that could easily contain the 13 million Jews that currently reside in various nations and Israel.

This way the Jews could build the ultimate Hebrew society they have always dreamed of.

Several gun boats would patrol the waters around the island to prevent any Jews from trying to escape.

This way the Jews could be protected from harm; and the world could finally have peace and security.

Thus a Win = Win for both Jews and Gentiles :thup:

She was pointing at Sunni man.

sunni man IS a holocaust denier

Oh, really - I didn't know that.

Whatever his beliefs might be, I've never seen Sunni Man post 1/8 of the really, nasty racist abuse JStone does.

Sunni Boy has his own ideas on what should be done with the Jews..

My solution to the Jewish problem.

Would be to round them up world wide and find and island to quarantine them on.

There are several islands in the world that could easily contain the 13 million Jews that currently reside in various nations and Israel.

This way the Jews could build the ultimate Hebrew society they have always dreamed of.

Several gun boats would patrol the waters around the island to prevent any Jews from trying to escape.

This way the Jews could be protected from harm; and the world could finally have peace and security.

Thus a Win = Win for both Jews and Gentiles :thup:

Only if we did that with muslims and christians....

It may be that Sunni's views on the holocaust are something most of us would find offensive. I couldn't say either way, but clearly several people feel that way.

But I have never seen Sunni repeatedly spam threads on which he has been humiliated, posting the same post 6, 7, 8 times until everyone else on the thread gives up.

…right now it is extremely difficult to debate any Middle Eastern topic…

As it always has been, as it always will be.
In most cases it is...but in cases where you have one guy relentlessly posting waves of spam, threads tend to get dragged off topic and into pointless shit fights.

And that’s different from any other forum, how?

If you somehow manage to get rid of JStone there’ll be another idiot to take his place, doing the exact same thing.

The problem isn’t JStone, it’s the forum theme.

Clayton -

I disagree.

Most of the posters in the forum have very strong, and often very poorly informed, positions. A lot of shit gets thrown. That is life.

But I have never seen any poster on any forum post the same half-page post of pieces of random shit just to bury the thread. I'm talking half-page lists of Israeli villages being posted 6 times in 15 minutes. Videos of random crowd noise being posted 20 times on one thread in one day.

I don't think there is any question at all that JStone - and JStone alone - comes on to thread with the express intention of stopping all discussion and forcing posters to stop discussing the topic.

Read a couple of the threads in that section and you'll see what I mean.

Why would any forum encourage that? (and by not doing anything, that is being encouraged)

Last edited:
It may be that Sunni's views on the holocaust are something most of us would find offensive. I couldn't say either way, but clearly several people feel that way.

But I have never seen Sunni repeatedly spam threads on which he has been humiliated, posting the same post 6, 7, 8 times until everyone else on the thread gives up.

Question. Why does everyone give up? Are you all that easily cowed?

Because JStone deliberately posts material which has nothing to do with the topic, whatever the topic was is lost from sight as soon as he arrives.

I'm sure you know how it is - you look at the latest page of the thread, and if all you see for the last 2 pages is endless C&P's of shit, you move on.

Because JStone deliberately posts material which has nothing to do with the topic, whatever the topic was is lost from sight as soon as he arrives.

I'm sure you know how it is - you look at the latest page of the thread, and if all you see for the last 2 pages is endless C&P's of shit, you move on.

(The following is posted by the member Ringel, not the Moderator Ringel.)

I know exactly how it is, a few posters blaming one for making them do something they don't want to do. :rolleyes:
As for me and what I'd do? Not even close to what you'd think, you see I have this mental switch called "ignore" so I don't even read it and I don't have a propensity to use others, especially moderators to gain points against or attempt to silence my opponent. Not saying you're doing that.......... :rolleyes:
I also don't try to couch or conceal my hatred of other groups. peoples, religions in feigned intellectualism in an effort to make myself appear superior and "above the fray" so to speak. Again, not saying you're doing that......... :eusa_whistle: If you get my meaning........ :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

I know exactly how it is, a few posters blaming one for making them do something they don't want to do. :rolleyes:
As for me and what I'd do? Not even close to what you'd think, you see I have this mental switch called "ignore" so I don't even read it and I don't have a propensity to use others, especially moderators to gain points against or attempt to silence my opponent. Not saying you're doing that.......... :rolleyes:
I also don't try to couch or conceal my hatred of other groups. peoples, religions in feigned intellectualism in an effort to make myself appear superior and "above the fray" so to speak. Again, not saying you're doing that......... :eusa_whistle: If you get my meaning........ :rolleyes:

Fair enough...all good points.

And I assure you my opposition to JStone has nothing whatsoever to do with his political views. It's purely a question of spamming threads.

Given a good half dozen posters have complained about the guy - what is the upside of allowing him to post here?

Anyone who reads his posts can see he is as mad as a hatter.

I don't get why he isn't just banned and be done with it.

And I assure you my opposition to JStone has nothing whatsoever to do with his political views. It's purely a question of spamming threads.

Given a good half dozen posters have complained about the guy - what is the upside of allowing him to post here?

Being insane is not against the rules, matter of fact it appears to be a pre-requisite for posting here. if it were against the rules 9/10ths of the members would have been banned a long time ago. I don't call this the Best Little Insane Asylum on the Internet for nothing........... :cool:
Besides, if we banned everyone 'a half dozen posters complain about' we'd end up with the same result, a nearly empty board.

Ringel -

Well, point taken and I am happy to leave it there, but I have to say - I see no upside for the board in allowing one poster to spam threads to death and close down entire topic areas. Particularly when it is so obviously being done intentionally.

That will drive posters off the board without question.

Being insane is not against the rules, matter of fact it appears to be a pre-requisite for posting here. if it were against the rules 9/10ths of the members would have been banned a long time ago. I don't call this the Best Little Insane Asylum on the Internet for nothing........... :cool:
Besides, if we banned everyone 'a half dozen posters complain about' we'd end up with the same result, a nearly empty board.

I'd ban you for a start.

find a post of his

click on his name

click on public profile

click on user list

click on add to ignore

It's that easy

Yea, but then he couldn't get all outraged about it.

If you're referring to Saigon, he seems far from outraged over this. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say he's stating the bleeding obvious in a very measured tone.

Ringel -

Well, point taken and I am happy to leave it there, but I have to say - I see no upside for the board in allowing one poster to spam threads to death and close down entire topic areas. Particularly when it is so obviously being done intentionally.

That will drive posters off the board without question.

What's interesting is there's only three people who have complained about him that I know of.
The other thing is we don't discuss moderation decisions with anyone but the one being moderated, kinda like at work when one is called into the boss's office. Not the best analogy but you get the idea. It's between that person and us so, in most instances, those making the complaint have no idea what, if anything, has been done unless they see a change in posting on the open board or a 'banned' under the members name.
Posters come and posters go, some like this place because of it's openness, others hate it for the same reason, all we can do is try to be fair to everyone based entirely on the Rules and Guidelines, if someone can't stand the heat they need to stay out of the kitchen.

Clayton -

I disagree.

Most of the posters in the forum have very strong, and often very poorly informed, positions. A lot of shit gets thrown. That is life.

But I have never seen any poster on any forum post the same half-page post of pieces of random shit just to bury the thread. I'm talking half-page lists of Israeli villages being posted 6 times in 15 minutes. Videos of random crowd noise being posted 20 times on one thread in one day.

I don't think there is any question at all that JStone - and JStone alone - comes on to thread with the express intention of stopping all discussion and forcing posters to stop discussing the topic.

Read a couple of the threads in that section and you'll see what I mean.

Why would any forum encourage that? (and by not doing anything, that is being encouraged)

he's basically made the middle east sub-forum radioactive. No adult would want to wade through his multiple C & P, off-topic, spam posts to get to a readable post. Sad really considering the import of that area in current affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back