Spam (canned meat product) conspiracy

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I was down at the barber shop today and the fellas were discussing spam. Not the crappy unwanted e-mail you get but the canned meat product kind of spam. Word on the street is that spam is going to become highly rationed due to an apparent government program that will be using this product in emergency situations like hurricane relief, etc. Anybody else hear anything like this? Personally, I'm not a great fan of spam so I don't care. I do wonder though, if the government feeds this stuff to hurricane victims are they simply adding to their woes? Don't have any other info except what was discussed at the barber shop and we all know how those discussions can go...:confused:

I was down at the barber shop today and the fellas were discussing spam. Not the crappy unwanted e-mail you get but the canned meat product kind of spam. Word on the street is that spam is going to become highly rationed due to an apparent government program that will be using this product in emergency situations like hurricane relief, etc. Anybody else hear anything like this? Personally, I'm not a great fan of spam so I don't care. I do wonder though, if the government feeds this stuff to hurricane victims are they simply adding to their woes? Don't have any other info except what was discussed at the barber shop and we all know how those discussions can go...:confused:

Why would the government kick someone when they are down by giving them SPAM after their house is destroyed?

That's just MEAN!

Well, I'm in the minute minority of people in the world that actually like spam. So... uh, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I can remember having it for supper with mac & cheese in the late 40's. We kids thought it was ham and so it was good. If my mother had told us it was fake ham, we wouldn't have thought so. However, I noted in last week's supermarket flyers that a 4 oz. can of SPAM was "on sale" for $2.49. That ain't no bargain. Who wants mystery meat when $2.49 will buy a pound of fresh ground round?

I use to love spam, until they jacked up the price and started filling it with extra garbage. Now it's almost a delicacy ... sucks when good food turns bad.

It's a shame there isn't tastebud replacement surgery.. Y'all need some! I can't imagine anyone would willingly put that in their gut that doesn't have to. :cheeky-smiley-018:

Oh SPAM! Oh SPAM! Gourmet delight!
My food by day, my dreams by night.
To carve, to slice, to dice you up -
pureed in a blender and sipped from a cup.

What shining deity from Olympus knelt
down to the earth and hog butt smelt?
Creating then man's eternal desire
for swine entrails congealed by fire.

On some corporate farm, a pig has died.
Eyes, tongue, and snout end up inside
that cube of SPAM hidden in the can
I now hold in my trembling hand.

More than mere food, SPAM is for me
a hedonistic expression of gluttonous glee.
Mottled with pork fat, the pink cube engrosses.
My mouth takes it in, my intestine disposes.

Long have my arteries clogged to the sound
of sizzling SPAM when there's no one around -
furtively chewing or swallowing whole.
Triple bypass by forty, my medical goal.

Other processed meat products I've tried or declined
Vienna Sausages, Treet, even pig's feet in brine.
Though each may be tasty in different ways,
none matches SPAM for gelatinous glaze

Hi Big Dog:

The UN has been warning about food shortages for some time (story), so a case of spam in the Survival Kit (my Topic) would go great with rice and beans. Everything will make sense when the USA is under "Martial Law" (my Topic) and you head to the grocery store to find this (pic and pic).

Spam is a good source of protein in storage, when the crap hits the fan; and the choice is Spam or a dead rat or nothing at all . . .

GL,

Terral

Forum List

Back