Spain's Catholic Church backs Condoms

ScreamingEagle said:
Laugh if you like about Catholics but it does seem that the Secularistic practices of birth control and abortion are having some pretty serious negative results.

Take a look at Europe for instance. They are going under financially because there are not enough people to support the social services they need to provide. The population is just not keeping up.

In America we are now missing about 40 million people because of Roe v. Wade. Those missing people who could be alive today would have helped to create a much stronger and larger U.S. economy, not to mention support the baby boomer bulge soon going on social security.

Maybe the Catholic practices are not quite so ridiculous after all - if you want to just look at it from a secular, worldly viewpoint.

Lighten up, it was a joke. How many kids are you planning to have anyway, 14? Joking again.

Said1 said:
Lighten up, it was a joke. How many kids are you planning to have anyway, 14? Joking again.

Head on over to the joke section if all you want is laughs. I didn't mind the joke per se (old hat to me) but I thought it would be appropriate to point out the opposing viewpoint in this thread. Too many people learn incorrectly as a result of joke-making. And I bet that if the joke was made about AIDS instead of a Christian religion there would be a hundred liberals jumping on it saying he shouldn't even have made the joke.

14? The more the merrier and great write-offs! ;)

Said1 said:
Very effective birth control measures. :D
"Do Black Patent Leather Shoes Really Reflect Up?" Yes, but also make great mirrors.

Said1 said:
My mother didn't make me wear those. :D
Our school did! LOL. Back in the 80's I got to have dinner with John Powers, the author of the play. He was so cool.

Said1 said:
Spill it. How did that happen?
No big secret. I was working at major bookstore at the time. He came in for signing and I was the Catholic school girl.

Kathianne said:
No big secret. I was working at major bookstore at the time. He came in for signing and I was the Catholic school girl.

Well that's cool! I met Mac and Iris from "another world" at a mall in Calgary, didn't ask if they were Catholic though.

ScreamingEagle said:
Laugh if you like about Catholics but it does seem that the Secularistic practices of birth control and abortion are having some pretty serious negative results.

Take a look at Europe for instance. They are going under financially because there are not enough people to support the social services they need to provide. The population is just not keeping up.

In America we are now missing about 40 million people because of Roe v. Wade. Those missing people who could be alive today would have helped to create a much stronger and larger U.S. economy, not to mention support the baby boomer bulge soon going on social security.

Maybe the Catholic practices are not quite so ridiculous after all - if you want to just look at it from a secular, worldly viewpoint.

Easy, there, high speed... Missile Man asked about condoms and what different Christians believe, I gave a humorous but 100% truthful answer.

All of the catholics I know, except one family, have only 2-3 kids, they all use birth controll or have had vasectomies. So here in the US, as far as I've seen the church banning condoms or other bith control isn't much of an issue.

They sell condoms in Africa, don't they??? Catholics in Africa can do what catholics in the US do, use them anyway.

The church isn't responsible for AIDS in africa, the people having unprotected sex are the ones responsible for it, and those people, catholic or not, should be wearing condoms or abstaining. Just like people here in the US.

Forum List

Back