Spain Funds IEDs and Suicide Belts

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=15107_The_European_Ransom_Craze#comments

It’s payday for the holy warriors again, as Spain finances a new batch of car bombs and suicide belts: Spanish hostage freed in Iraq: report.

An Iraqi-born Spanish businessman kidnapped in Baghdad several weeks ago has been freed after a ransom was paid, Spain’s leading daily reported.

El Pais reported that the kidnapped man, identified only by his initials, UAH, was freed on Tuesday, El Pais said, citing unidentified government sources.

The paper said the sources refused to give details of the ransom paid so as not to put people involved in the operation at risk.

Categories of people that Spain doesn’t mind putting at risk:

women and children standing in line at medical clinics
police trying to keep order
future kidnap victims
commuters at Spanish train stations
Americans

I thought when I was growing up, 80s, 90s, that very few if any states paid ransoms. Or maybe it was just not reported. I thought most countries believed in not giving money to people who kidnapp for fear it would fund their radical causes.

This is sad. I know the desire to free a loved one, but you are only encouraging others to be kidnapped and very likely killed.

The pacifist Europeans know very well that their payment of ransom is not going to stop the terrorists from kidnapping others and demanding more money in the future. They know that their ransom money will just be used to buy more arms to kill more people. Instead of determining to fight these fiends from hell and put an end to their reign of terror, they take the coward’s way out—pay the ransom and withdraw their troops—and then hope and pray that the terrorists will just leave them alone. Reminds me of businessmen who are willing to pay racketeers for forced “protection”.

I never viewed the Spanish as cowards. But by now I'm beginning to think they could give your average frenchman a run for his money.

Years back I wanted to travel old europe. But now, I'm going to trapse over every square inch of America, and then do it again. I have no desire left to travel outside of America.

It's my seperatist attitude kicking in, 't hell with all these other guttless, terrorist appeasing, liberal, America hating, bastard countries.

Pale Rider said:
Years back I wanted to travel old europe. But now, I'm going to trapse over every square inch of America, and then do it again. I have no desire left to travel outside of America.

It's my seperatist attitude kicking in, 't hell with all these other guttless, terrorist appeasing, liberal, America hating, bastard countries.
Pathetic ****

Post edited by moderator. Removed offensive, sexist, and stupid reference.

Warning to poster - that's one. Second one will get you banned

merlin1047

You insult every country in the world then wonder why Americans are unliked. You believe the hollywood hype surrounding your soldiers that they are invincible yet in reality american soldiers only win wars when they have superior numbers.This is how the world see,s you.I have know conscript armies with better discipline and better training.Only hollywood makes you believe what the rest of the world does not see.You have no officers that has foresight with the only tactic being keep pouring men in it doesnt matter how many die.When we went to the gulf we were more scared of the american stupidity handling live ammo than the iraqis.You are the most racist people i have had the misfortune to meet and so one eyed its unbelievable.Everyone is an enemy.Right

taff said:
You insult every country in the world then wonder why Americans are unliked. You believe the hollywood hype surrounding your soldiers that they are invincible yet in reality american soldiers only win wars when they have superior numbers.This is how the world see,s you.I have know conscript armies with better discipline and better training.Only hollywood makes you believe what the rest of the world does not see.You have no officers that has foresight with the only tactic being keep pouring men in it doesnt matter how many die.When we went to the gulf we were more scared of the american stupidity handling live ammo than the iraqis.You are the most racist people i have had the misfortune to meet and so one eyed its unbelievable.Everyone is an enemy.Right

Are you referring to every american? If so, buddy, you need serious help. Let me know before I and others slam you all over this board for most racist and full of shite post.

taff said:

Here's a little insight for you - a great many of us don't give a rat's ass what you Euroweenies think of us - especially envious little piggies like you. Let's see what your tune will be when muslim nutbars finally get around to turning their attention on you and your country. I certainly hope that your response will be a bit more positive than the french and Spanish.

You disparage our soldiers but you have to resort to cheap insults and outright lies to do it. You are either woefully ignorant or simply a habitual liar.

Pale Rider simply stated he disliked "guttless, terrorist appeasing, liberal, America hating, bastard countries". Apparently you felt yourself lumped in with that statement. Why is that? Did he strike a nerve there? Maybe he got uncomfortably close to the truth and you can't stand it?

Besides, why would any American want to travel to Europe or the UK these days when it will only result in meeting more people like you?

So shove your crumpet - sideways.

Reading posts from Europeans, I get the feeling that you think we don't know why other people dislike America. We do know. We just don't care. Sometimes being right is a little more important than being popular.

Merlin1047 said:
You disparage our soldiers but you have to resort to cheap insults and outright lies to do it. You are either woefully ignorant or simply a habitual liar.
Daft is both. His insults to the American military that spilled blood to keep his little island free are particularly nauseating.

This is a bit of a side note, but it seems difficult for the world at large to grasp the possibility that Americans can enjoy the diversions offered by Hollywood without taking any of it very seriously. This is, of course, a constant source of confusion to the global community, the Democrat Party, and Hollywood itself. Look into your own hearts, folks. Do you think you might be stereotyping - projecting - UNDERESTIMATING?

Forum List

Back