Spain backs signing of EU Constitution in Rome

N

NewGuy

http://www.euobserver.com/?aid=16036

14.05.2004 - 09:43 CET | By Sharon Spiteri Spanish prime minister José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero has backed having the signing of the future EU Constitution in Rome, even though Madrid had been proposed in honour of the victims of the 11 March terrorist attacks.

Mr Zapatero, who was on his first visit to Italy yesterday since his election on 14 March said:

"Terrorism should never change political plans, alter the agenda. Even if it’s something formal, symbolic", he said quoted by AP. "I believe Rome is the natural venue to sign the constitution".

Italy wants the ceremonial signature of the Constitution to take place in Rome so as to have a Constitution of Rome to replace the earlier Treaty of Rome of 1957.

After talks held with Italy’s Silvio Berlusconi, Mr Zapatero reiterated Spain’s commitment to reach an agreement on the EU Constitution by the end of June and to break the deadlock on the issue of voting rights.

Under Mr Zapatero’s predecessor José María Aznar, Spain along with Poland scuppered a Constitution deal last December during Italy’s Presidency, by rejecting a formula which would have weakened their voting power in the Council.

How many are watching the EU?

Originally posted by Zhukov
Well...don't keep us less biblically literate folks in suspense! Shower me with the prophetic references to Rome.
And I saw a beast coming up out of the sea, having ten horns and seven heads, and on his horns were ten crowns, and on his heads were blasphemous names. Revelation 13:1

Many believe that this beast will be a rebirth of the Roman Empire and that;

the 7 heads represents the 7 hills of Rome;

the 10 horns represents the 10 permanent member states of today’s European Union and the MILITARY arm of the EU;

and the Ten crowns represents the leaders of the ten permanent member countries.

The motto of the UN is "United in Diversity" which many Christians see as being blasphemous as it puts all religions (paganism, Islam, etc.) on an even par with Christianity.

Revelation 17:12-13, "And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast."

The ten kings [leaders] whom the horns represent will give their power and strength to the Beast from the Sea. The crown is an emblem of power and strength.

Now, the EU is planning on signing the EU Constitution in Rome. Therefore, those that read the Gospels will most likely (and probably appropriately) see this as the re-birth of the Roman Empire as prophesied in the Bible.

Originally posted by dilloduck
I certainly hope America is doing its part to fulfill prophecy. I would hate to piss off god.

Frankly, America (or really, any reference to America or anthing that could be construed as America) is referenced in the Bible.

Many believe that is because either we will have fallen into an isolationist mentality or we will have already been handed a defeating blow that takes us out of the picture.

More to follow later, my wife (she is the boss around here) needs the puter!

Hmm, when it comes to prophecy via Man's interpretation of god and Tocqueville, I'll take Toc. See end of book 1, last 10 paragraphs.

Forum List

Back