Spain arrests Anonymous members over Sony attack

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
MADRID/BOSTON (Reuters) – Spanish police arrested three men suspected to be members of the hacker group Anonymous on Friday, charging them with organizing cyber attacks against the websites of Sony Corp, banks and governments -- but not the recent massive hacking of PlayStation gamers.

Anonymous responded by threatening to retaliate for the arrests: "We are Legion, so EXPECT US," the group said on its official Twitter feed.

Spanish police alleged the three "hacktivists" helped organize an attack that temporarily shuttered access to some Sony websites. They were not linked to two massive cyber attacks against Sony's Playstation Network that resulted in the theft of information from more than 100 million customers.

Spain arrests Anonymous members over Sony attack - Yahoo! News

6-10-2011anonymousbehindbars.jpg

MADRID/BOSTON (Reuters) – Spanish police arrested three men suspected to be members of the hacker group Anonymous on Friday, charging them with organizing cyber attacks against the websites of Sony Corp, banks and governments -- but not the recent massive hacking of PlayStation gamers.

Anonymous responded by threatening to retaliate for the arrests: "We are Legion, so EXPECT US," the group said on its official Twitter feed.

Spanish police alleged the three "hacktivists" helped organize an attack that temporarily shuttered access to some Sony websites. They were not linked to two massive cyber attacks against Sony's Playstation Network that resulted in the theft of information from more than 100 million customers.

I'll take this with a grain of salt. Check that, a box of salt. Sony? This is not Anonymous's M.O. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

I'll take this with a grain of salt. Check that, a box of salt. Sony? This is not Anonymous's M.O. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

I'm not that familiar with the group, not my area of expertise so I can only go with what is reported.

Forum List

Back