Spaghetti hamburger?!?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
So I have got a wild hair up my ass and want to create something fun. So I thought about a spaghetti hamburger. Make a bun out of noodles, patty, mozze cheese, slice of tomato and some of my homemade tomato sauce. My only problem is figuring out how to make the noodles stick good enough to make a usable bun..
I was conversing with my mom about it and she gave me a great idea. Panko!
So i thought on that and figured i would try this : Cook the noodles down and then quarter them. Mix up some panko and some milk and make it REALLY thick. Stir in the noodles and shape them up. Lightly fry. Maybe even broil?
Do you think it will work?

So I have got a wild hair up my ass and want to create something fun. So I thought about a spaghetti hamburger. Make a bun out of noodles, patty, mozze cheese, slice of tomato and some of my homemade tomato sauce. My only problem is figuring out how to make the noodles stick good enough to make a usable bun..
So i thought on that and figured i would try this : Cook the noodles down and then quarter them. Mix up some panko and some milk and make it REALLY thick. Stir in the noodles and shape them up. Lightly fry. Maybe even broil?

Um no and no and no and no and um no.

TN darling you are just getting weird.

You now sound like me when I was expecting Kid C and Kid D, I did have an excuse for bizarro food combinations though, you don't so you are just w.e.i.r.d :omg: :poke:

naw , but go ahead and try , PANKO , i think that is breading and the whole mess , er creation will just be too bready imo . Why not just make some spaghetti and sauce and throw a hamburger patty on top and then some more noodles and sauce on top of that TNharley ??

Its not a weird combination. Its a combination that gets eaten in millions of households every week. Its just an unorthodox way of doing it.
A lot about cooking is creativity ;)

If it works, you da man!

Once it's cooked, spaghetti is pretty sticky, anyway, so would you have to use anything that thick? A little egg or flour and liquid, thin like. Form and stick in the fridge to firm up, then fry?
Broiling won't work.
I had a boss years ago that would "fry" her left over spaghetti for breakfast the next morning, and it was awesome.

naw , but go ahead and try , PANKO , i think that is breading and the whole mess , er creation will just be too bready imo . Why not just make some spaghetti and sauce and throw a hamburger patty on top and then some more noodles and sauce on top of that TNharley ??
Lol it wouldn't be as fun.
Very true on the "bready" part. Perhaps i could wipe them off a bit? IDK, im going to figure something out. I think it would be fun and completely out of the ordinary. 2 things i like :D

simpsons-fire.gif

:itsok:
:haha: I don't think that concoction will end up resembling a bun, TNH :itsok:
But you do come up with some really fascinating culinary ideas :lol:

Once it's cooked, spaghetti is pretty sticky, anyway, so would you have to use anything that thick? A little egg or flour and liquid, thin like. Form and stick in the fridge to firm up, then fry?
Broiling won't work.
I had a boss years ago that would "fry" her left over spaghetti for breakfast the next morning, and it was awesome.
That sounds like a good idea!

Very true on the "bready" part. Perhaps i could wipe them off a bit? IDK, im going to figure something out. I think it would be fun and completely out of the ordinary. 2 things i like :D

You need to put hot fudge sauce on it and when you are eating it sniff a bang of sand and/or lumps of coal :smoke:

The convicts at the prison I worked at used Ramen noodles to make a pizza crust all the time. It will work.

:itsok:
:haha: I don't think that concoction will end up resembling a bun, TNH :itsok:
But you do come up with some really fascinating culinary ideas :lol:
If i fail, i will try it a different way. This is GOING to happen lol.
Im going to freak all of you guys out when i sell the recipe to Olive Garden :lol:

You need to put hot fudge sauce on it and when you are eating it sniff a bang of sand and/or lumps of coal :smoke:
LOL you little shit

LOL you little shit

No problem :smoke:

The convicts at the prison I worked at used Ramen noodles to make a pizza crust all the time. It will work.
Do you know what they did?
Not exactly. Sorry. But try this maybe.

Open all noodles and place inside some type plastic bag (lg. corn chip bag works great). Add cornchips and crush mix thouroughly (don’t leave any large chunks), then add the seasoning packs. Then bring some water to boil in your hotpot. While your water heats up go ahead and slice up your jalapenos and summer sausage. Once the water is hot enough, pour into your bag with the noodle/chip/seasoning mix. Important: add just enough water to come up just below top of mix (don’t drown them).Refill pot and heat can of chilli in it. Knead and work the bag with noodles in it around mixing thouroughly. Once this is done lay bag out and flatten down evenly, making dough/crust. If you’ve done this correctly there shouldn’t be alot of water running out if there is add more crushed chips and mix untill thickens. Fold end of bag, secure with paper clip, and wrap with towel to insulate and let “cook” for about 10 mins. Once done cut bag down middle and bottom and spread open. Noodles should remain in rectangular shape and be stuck together (like dough). Pour your chilli over top and spread evenly (if too runny add a few crushed corn chips to thicken mix. Then comes a layer of squeeze cheese, topped with summer sausage and jalapenos. Slice evenly and enjoy with your cell mates. Yum.

Forum List

Back