Spaghetti for Breakfast?

Just as good a Cold Pizza!

Sure, why not?

One of my middle daughter's favorite dishes is spaghetti (no sauce), fried bologna and scrambled eggs.

I have no frickin' clue how she stumbled across it the first time, but now everytime I make pasta, she always asks if it is going to have eggs and bologna in it.

Breakfast doesn't denote the food items, as much as it denotes the time of eating.

After dinner, you generally have no more food until you wake up the next morning. Breakfast simply means "breaking the fast of the night before".

Yes.......even ice cream (on occasion) is good for breakfast.

And...........pancakes, sausage and eggs are good for dinner.

Doesn't really matter what you eat when, just that you eat healthy.

Sure, why not?

One of my middle daughter's favorite dishes is spaghetti (no sauce), fried bologna and scrambled eggs.

I have no frickin' clue how she stumbled across it the first time, but now everytime I make pasta, she always asks if it is going to have eggs and bologna in it.

One evening several years ago, I made mac and cheese for my son and I put a cooked hotdog octopus on top. Ever since, if I mention mac and cheese I get asked if an octopus will be on top.

Fried bologna .... mmmmmmm ... D-licious!

Years ago I agreed to help out a casual friend who owned a Christian bookstore and supply place. I was supposed to be there for a weekend when he was shorthanded. (I would up staying a year but that's another story.)

Anyhow he was the youngish father of seven kids and he was raising them by strict Biblical code. No pork, not as a matter of 'law' but as a matter of 'health' he said. But somehow he and his wife decided that the heavy meal of the day should be breakfast so that's when they had pasta/spaghetti and all the other things most of us eat for dinner. Lunch was a lighter fare but with plenty of fresh fruits and veggies. Dinner was, as they say, similar to what a college kid with a maxed out credit card would eat.

Quite unorthodox but they all seemed to be happy and healthy as horses.

I prefer my spaghetti at the evening meal, however.

Breakfast doesn't denote the food items, as much as it denotes the time of eating.

After dinner, you generally have no more food until you wake up the next morning. Breakfast simply means "breaking the fast of the night before".

Yes.......even ice cream (on occasion) is good for breakfast.

And...........pancakes, sausage and eggs are good for dinner.

Doesn't really matter what you eat when, just that you eat healthy.

Freakin PRT Coordinator....:doubt:

I've had jalapeno poppers for breakfast too.

(I was hungover lol)

I've had jalapeno poppers for breakfast too.

(I was hungover lol)

Everything is excused when someone is hung-over.

I think I'm in the minority, in that when I am hungover I am absolutely ravenous. I literally cannot get enough to eat. I still feel like shit, but unlike other people who get an upset stomach, mine just says "feed me".

Yes, with Italian sausage,sprinkled with cheese, wine, garlic bread, and........whew, I am so hungry now I can't think........

Wine for breakfast? Ok then...:)

Shhh. I've done that.....

Flew out of Kansas City once on an early flight to Denver. The breakfast cuisine (on Frontier) was excellent crepes with suzette sauce, various other equally interesting sides, and champagne. Best airline food I've ever eaten. Must be why Frontier went out of business for awhile. :)

Well of course the beverages of choice for breakfast are bloody marys and mimosas! :thup:

Forum List

Back