Space elevator team wins $900,000

Chris has lowered heimself down to a troll. He could never prove that he wrote 3 books, and there is no way that he would pay up. That is equal to a troll on any messageboard.
KK, would him being a self proclaimed author be considered Delusions of Grandeur?

Sorry, you are the troll.

You don't have the guts to back up your lies.

He hasn't made any claims that he insists are true ... you have. Nut up or shut up.

Sorry, I won't reveal any personal info to you nutcases.

He hasn't made any claims that he insists are true ... you have. Nut up or shut up.

Then ... our knowledge and understanding of you is that you are making a false claim ... not rocket science here, if you make a claim and can't (or won't) back it up, you cannot expect anyone to believe you ... nor are you reliable. ;) Simple. I have shown what credentials I want to, no one denies I can write programs or handle databases and web development ... but when I post something I don't back up, I don't whine about people not believing me. You however are. Post creds or no one will believe you are reliable as a source.

Then ... our knowledge and understanding of you is that you are making a false claim ... not rocket science here, if you make a claim and can't (or won't) back it up, you cannot expect anyone to believe you ... nor are you reliable. ;) Simple. I have shown what credentials I want to, no one denies I can write programs or handle databases and web development ... but when I post something I don't back up, I don't whine about people not believing me. You however are. Post creds or no one will believe you are reliable as a source.

Horseshit.

I never doubted anything you said about yourself personally.

Nice try, though.

Horseshit.

Nice try, though.

:eusa_whistle: Several times saying that I don't know anything about science ring any bells?

You are just an idiot. :cool: That bet I win.

Chris has lowered heimself down to a troll. He could never prove that he wrote 3 books, and there is no way that he would pay up. That is equal to a troll on any messageboard.
KK, would him being a self proclaimed author be considered Delusions of Grandeur?

Show me where I've lied, Chris....if you can't do it then you need to STFU about me lying.

Horseshit.

Nice try, though.

:eusa_whistle: Several times saying that I don't know anything about science ring any bells?

Not the same thing.

Sorry.

Keep trying though. Sooner or later you may be right.

Horseshit.

Nice try, though.

Not the same thing.

Sorry.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...an-mann-hockey-stick-graph-7.html#post1702667 within five minutes of your lie ... odd huh?

Dude, you're talking to someone who knows nothing about the science he reads. ;)

You are the one who knows nothing.

Chris ... you seriously cannot make baseless accusations and not expect your unsubstantiated claims to be pointed out to you, it simply doesn't work that way. As far as we are concerned you are just some kid in a basement posting on the home owners computer.

Not the same thing.

Sorry.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...an-mann-hockey-stick-graph-7.html#post1702667 within five minutes of your lie ... odd huh?

Dude, you're talking to someone who knows nothing about the science he reads. ;)

You are the one who knows nothing.

Oooops, them damn facts always gets in the way of a good story.

then how the hell are you going to back up your bet?....

I could provide a link to my books on Amazon to one of the moderators that I trust.

It's funny I haven't looked at my books on Amazon for a long time, so today I read some of the reviews. It felt pretty strange reading what people had to say about my work.

I could provide a link to my books on Amazon to one of the moderators that I trust.

It's funny I haven't looked at my books on Amazon for a long time, so today I read some of the reviews. It felt pretty strange reading what people had to say about my work.

:eusa_eh: Sorry ... but no real author would call that strange ... ever.

Funny, but whether you have three books published or 300 makes no difference unless they are relevant to the discussion at hand.
As an Example, let's postulate that Bob Heinlein were alive and posting on this forum. He wrote some great SF, but was not himself a great scientist. Sure he had some graduate work in Math and Physics, but by now his classes would be extremely dated. So if he came and posted something which was untenable under a pseudonym, no one would believe him to be the great Rob A Heinlein. Even if he posted under his own name, no one would believe it was really him. Even if he could convince people, expecting people to "accept" a position due to his celebrity (as a published author) would be a logical fallacy (appeal to authority I believe).
Let's now suppose that Enrico Fermi were alive and posting on this board and had kept up with physics through the years. He would be able to come up with answers to just about any question which could be analyzed with physics. Answers which would be sound enough that no one with any ability to understand would dispute. He could post under a pseudonym and no one, save really pathetic imbeciles, would dispute his posts because he would tend to make that much sense.

To the original topic
Nanotubes are amazing stuff, but as the article describes, difficult to manufacture and work with. Unless the current economic malaise stifles research then it is conceivable that sometime in the next fifty years humanity will have machinery built using nanocarbon structures. That said, prognosticating about the specifics is tremendously difficult. Perhaps a space elevator will prove feasible, perhaps not. If it does, then any advances made in these kinds of programs will help speed the process of fully utilizing an elevator. Even if nothing else happens, the techniques used to build these robots will likely have applications in mining and construction of more conventional structures in the foreseeable future, and that makes it worthwhile from a societal point of view.

Are you ever right about ANYTHING????

irony.jpg

not so for chris posts

she was right about calling you a fraud....

Forum List

Back