Soy is making kids 'gay'

But that's YOUR interpretations of homosexuality. That doesn't make it any more right than mine.

That is th eopinion of the vast majority who do not purposefully blind themselves to the difference between normal and abnormal behavior. We've been all over this, and I'v eshot you down in every instance from every angle.

So yeah, it DOES make me right and you wrong.

That is th eopinion of the vast majority who do not purposefully blind themselves to the difference between normal and abnormal behavior. We've been all over this, and I'v eshot you down in every instance from every angle.

So yeah, it DOES make me right and you wrong.
You've not shot me down at all over this issue, unless you care to give me links to remind me. So far I only recall you shooting me down over Iran and a few other issues regarding the Middle East.

It didn't makes sense then either. Try again.

The consequences of a choice aren't a choice. For example, if a person CHOOSES to become a nurse and contracts AIDS as a result of treating an infected person, the nurse did not CHOOSE to get AIDS.

The consequences of a choice aren't a choice. For example, if a person CHOOSES to become a nurse and contracts AIDS as a result of treating an infected person, the nurse did not CHOOSE to get AIDS.
That's not a valid comparison to homosexuality or alcoholism. The gay can always choose to go straight and the drunk can always choose to go sober: they can cure themselves by being personally responsible.

That's not a valid comparison to homosexuality or alcoholism. The gay can always choose to go straight and the drunk can always choose to go sober: they can cure themselves by being personally responsible.

That is only true if homosexuality and alcoholism are mental disorders that a person chooses to have, and since they are not, your post is false. Next thing ya know, you'll be arguing that a mentally retarded person is choosing to be stupid. After all, all they have to do is choose to be smart, right?

You've not shot me down at all over this issue, unless you care to give me links to remind me. So far I only recall you shooting me down over Iran and a few other issues regarding the Middle East.

I have a much better plan .... you can go search the threads yourself. It isn't as if I have some special access to them you don't.

I hardly expected you to agree that you got shot down, but in a smoking spiral you have gone each and every time. You're wrong, simple as that. But for you to agree with me, you'd have to quit being gay. So you'll agree with you, and your lame, baseless arguments.

So, it's no longer a mental disorder?

You aren't going to win any points trying to play little games. I explained the answer to your question, in detail.

You can call it whatever you want. Social disorder, mental disorder, being dropped on your head as a baby disorder -- means nothing to me. It's aberrant behavior that requires a conscious effort to engage in. That's a choice. If a mental disorder leads to it, fine. If watching too many Liberace reruns leads to it, fine.

My argument is, and always has been that homosexuality is abnormal behavior, and I could give a rat's ass WHAT the cause is.

That is only true if homosexuality and alcoholism are mental disorders that a person chooses to have, and since they are not, your post is false. Next thing ya know, you'll be arguing that a mentally retarded person is choosing to be stupid. After all, all they have to do is choose to be smart, right?

Resorting to fallacious arguments now? Your use of the term "mental disorder" is nothing but.

Nothing says the disorder exists until the behavior is exhibited. The behavior is then diagnosed as a disorder. Both are in fact bahvioral disorders. Since behavior, whether conscious or unconscious begins in the brain ...."mental disorder."

Stop trying to use "mental disorder" in the place of "genetic."

You aren't going to win any points trying to play little games. I explained the answer to your question, in detail.

You can call it whatever you want. Social disorder, mental disorder, being dropped on your head as a baby disorder -- means nothing to me. It's aberrant behavior that requires a conscious effort to engage in. That's a choice. If a mental disorder leads to it, fine. If watching too many Liberace reruns leads to it, fine.

My argument is, and always has been that homosexuality is abnormal behavior, and I could give a rat's ass WHAT the cause is.

Not playing games, just found it amusing that you were convinced that homosexuality is a mental disorder until it deprived you of your "choice" argument.

Not playing games, just found it amusing that you were convinced that homosexuality is a mental disorder until it deprived you of your "choice" argument.

Guess you were amusing yourself by something that isn't there then. Delusion IS a "mental disorder."

I've repeatedly shown where it can be both, and you have repeatedly ignored it and stuck to the same fallacious argument.

Resorting to fallacious arguments now? Your use of the term "mental disorder" is nothing but.

Nothing says the disorder exists until the behavior is exhibited. The behavior is then diagnosed as a disorder. Both are in fact bahvioral disorders. Since behavior, whether conscious or unconscious begins in the brain ...."mental disorder."

Stop trying to use "mental disorder" in the place of "genetic."

And you're confusing disorder with symptom. A mental disorder LEADS to abnormal behavior/thought. The abnormal behavior/thought are symptoms of the disorder, not the disorder itself.

Guess you were amusing yourself by something that isn't there then. Delusion IS a "mental disorder."

I've repeatedly shown where it can be both, and you have repeatedly ignored it and stuck to the same fallacious argument.

You denied that you were calling a disorder a choice, now you've repeatedly shown it can be? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back