Sowell Nails It Once Again

Speculative horse manure from one jealous narrow minded brother. After the first attack on the WTC did anything think eight years would pass before a success attack. No of course not, why, because the rhetoric of nothing happened and that is good, is pure balderdash from the likes of sycophants like Sowell.

Why does one need to speculate on what history thinks of Bush when he is right there in front of our faces? Abject failure if you care to look and 60% of us agree , a rather high number.

The number one function of government is to govern, Sowell must be another chicken chickenhawk. Be afraid be very afraid.

The piece is such pure hokey BS I had to stop reading. If America finds this writing insightful, we have failed in our education of citizens, and what that, and what government, and even thought means.

This is the funny thing. When you guys talk about Bush, you leave out all the terrorist attacks all over the world that happened, how ever "our interests" as you call them are included. But with Clinton they are in. There were attacks all over the world, too many to name in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Phillippines, Jordan and of course in Iraq and Afganistan, but that's ok, Igues.

Can't you guys get your argument straight?

"Our interests" = our stuff.

You correctly say that there have been attacks all over the world, but unless I'm forgetting something, and I could be, I don't recall any incidents against "our stuff" outside of the context of war (i.e. An embassy bombing, a plane bombing etc.)

I was consistent as between Clinton and Bush. I'm not holding Clinton responsible for any attacks in other countries where their stuff was attacked, just our stuff. Same standard for Bush.

The idiots that are still living in a September 10th, 2001 world were the ones stupid enough to elect a naive dimwit from Kenya that is in the same time warp. It's not about being scared, it's about being aware of the threats to civilized people everywhere. I would just as soon move Israel to west Texas and turn that shithole known as the middle east into a big slab of glass, fuck them.

I agree with Sowell completely. That being said, we are making an assumption that Obama will abandon the defense of this country. Senators are not privy to all information concerning national security. Once Obama takes office and has a chance to see everything involved, he may change his tune a bit. I'm willing to wait and see. If he does move completely in the opposite direction as Bush on national security issues, then I will be concerned and voice those concerns.

In the meantime, we have so many problems to deal with, it would actually be great to see Washington trying to accomplish something positive for a change.

Bush's direction for national security was to abandon both US and international law.

It's almost as if Bush and Cheney suffered PTSD from 9-11. Bush flew around on an airplane and didn't know what to do. Cheney hid out in his bunker. When the finally came out they said fuck everything that this country stands for. We are a bunch of scared little chickenshits and will do whatever needs be done to cover our asses.

They tortured, they broke laws, they invaded a country that was no real threat to US and even fucked that up. The war on Afghanistan that harbored the real attackers, they abandoned and we are suffering the consequences today. Bush didn't do shit for our security. That's not just my opinion, it's also the opinion of many national security experts.

I hope he doesn't follow Bush's incompetent example.

I believe he will protect US. The shit about him giving into the enemy is just that: shit. But I hope he has the moral courage to keep the values of our country intact.

Bush didn't

"Our interests" = our stuff.

You correctly say that there have been attacks all over the world, but unless I'm forgetting something, and I could be, I don't recall any incidents against "our stuff" outside of the context of war (i.e. An embassy bombing, a plane bombing etc.)

I was consistent as between Clinton and Bush. I'm not holding Clinton responsible for any attacks in other countries where their stuff was attacked, just our stuff. Same standard for Bush.

Ok, so 9-11 wasn't our stuff? Everything blown up and wasted in Iraq was our stuff--and yes the green zone is our embassy and it was attacked again and again.

That's what happens when you put an embassy in a war zone dummy.

And the primary reason Al Qaida hasn't become the base is because a good many Muslims are a lot less arrogant than you are and lot more interested in living to a ripe old age and figured out that doing much more than giving osama a little lip service to keep the nutbars at bay, just might not bode well for living that long and happy life.

Forum List

Back