Soviet Union

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
lack of proof does not disprove it

"Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence."

It's a quote usually reserved for discussions concerning the possibility of extra-terrestrial life, but it's a good maxim, and I like the sound of it.

Originally posted by Zhukov
"Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence."

It's a quote usually reserved for discussions concerning the possibility of extra-terrestrial life, but it's a good maxim, and I like the sound of it.

Yeah. That sounds better!

?

You said Darwin has been proven wrong. He has not been. That was my point.

Human intervention is not that much different from natural selection.

If we don't like the way certain plants turn out, we do not allow them to interbreed with those plants of the same species that we do like.

If a mutation that naturally occurs in a living organism adversely affects it's ability to reach functional maturity it will not leave progeny, and that mutated characterisitc will not persist in the gene pool. And vice versa. This is obvious, and it is called natural selection, that being the foundation of evolution.

As I said, I would be more than happy to adress this later tonight. I am working and proof/analysis of the issue requires a bit more time than I have right now. If you are convinced I am wrong, I would be quite happy if you started a new thread so we could discuss it.

Originally posted by NewGuy
As I said, I would be more than happy to adress this later tonight. I am working and proof/analysis of the issue requires a bit more time than I have right now. If you are convinced I am wrong, I would be quite happy if you started a new thread so we could discuss it.

Look man, you're wrong. You haven't disproven evolution. We're convinced of that. If you want to disprove evolution you start the thread. Otherwise we're all just going to assume that evolution is the mechanism by which we were created.

If you are convinced I am wrong, I would be quite happy if you started a new thread so we could discuss it.

Why? I adequately answered Lucky C's orignal post earlier, and we have since hijacked this thread completely.

All I want from you is: the disputation of the concept of genetic changes in a species over succesive generations over time by the forces and mechanisms of natural selection.

And if you post another's words please site your source.

Why? I adequately answered Lucky C's orignal post earlier, and we have since hijacked this thread completely.

All I want from you is: the disputation of the concept of genetic changes in a species over succesive generations over time by the forces and mechanisms of natural selection.

And if you post another's words please site your source.

I am assuming this would be less rediculous than the last attempt to harass me about sources.

Forget it.

If you want to be a complete sissy and complain about hijacking a thread but don't want to open another while still demanding proof against your false science, that is your problem.

You are proving to be a closed mind by then trying to go the route of harrassing over sources again.

If you wanted an answer and thread hijacking WAS a concern for you, you WOULD open a new thread, as I HAVE SUGGESTED.

Since you are unwilling, I can only assume you really have no genuine concern. Since my point has been clearly made and reinforced by YOUR statement of mere "Human intervention is not that much different from natural selection", you have no proof to illustrate YOUR point.

If you want to go further, you know what to do.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Look man, you're wrong. You haven't disproven evolution. We're convinced of that. If you want to disprove evolution you start the thread. Otherwise we're all just going to assume that evolution is the mechanism by which we were created.

You are convinced you are above a 20 IQ also, but we have disproven that as well.

Go back to trolling the mud pits sewerslime.

You are convinced you are above a 20 IQ also, but we have disproven that as well.

Go back to trolling the mud pits sewerslime.

I love you, newguy.

I am assuming this would be less rediculous than the last attempt to harass me about sources.

No harrasment, I just want to know where you get your information.

If you want to be a complete sissy and complain about hijacking a thread

It's not a complaint. It is a statment of fact.

Sissy? Now we don't have to resort to name calling do we? So soon?

but don't want to open another while still demanding proof against your false science, that is your problem.

I believe you are the one that stated 'Darwin has been disproven' in a thread ostensibly about the collapse of communisism in Poland, was it not?

You are proving to be a closed mind by then trying to go the route of harrassing over sources again.

Closed minded by asking you to provide sources? I don't think I understand.

If you wanted an answer and thread hijacking WAS a concern for you, you WOULD open a new thread, as I HAVE SUGGESTED.

I think you may have some difficulty understanding simple sentence structures. I asked that since this thread was already off topic, why bother starting a new thread?

Since you are unwilling, I can only assume you really have no genuine concern. Since my point has been clearly made

Why can't you just respond to my request? What difference does it make what thread it is in?

If you want to go further, you know what to do.

Why is that whenever I have asked you to address something specific you have resorted to mindless incoherency? Do you think it will make me go away? Well, given enough time you are probably right.

At any rate, I see that RWA has started the thread you seemed determined to have opened for whatever esoteric reasons you may have. You can cut-and-paste this text into that thread if you would like to respond to any if it. Which incidentally I would rather you didn't do.

What I would like is what I requested you do in my last post in this thread. You can cut-and-paste that in quote form into RWA's thread too if you like, and address it there.

What I suspect you'll do (had I not included this upcoming prompt of course) is respond to THIS post in THIS thread in an incoherent fashion, and NOT respond to my PREVIOUS post in the thread RWA started.

But we'll see.

Be sure to site your sources.

Here is a true Polish joke--that is to say, a joke that was actually being told by Poles during the 1980's (it's worth noting that telling this joke in 1980's Poland took considerable courage):

How about those Russians? They're so clever! They have cross-bred a cow with a giraffe--creating an animal which can graze in Poland and be milked in Russia!

Hey guys,

Thanks to you all for answering my question and giving me your opinions, then arguing strenously afterwards.

Presentations due in two hours...

Thanks

Forum List

Back