Soviet, sorry, Russian military aircraft

I

Indofred

NATO reports large scale Russian air activity in European airspace - Channel NewsAsia

NATO reports 'large scale' Russian air activity in European airspace

The Russians are invading European airspace?

BRUSSELS: NATO said on Wednesday (Oct 29) it had tracked and intercepted four groups of Russian warplanes "conducting significant military manoeuvres" in European airspace over the past two days.

"These sizeable Russian flights represent an unusual level of air activity over European airspace," NATO said.

The planes, which included strategic bombers, fighters and tanker aircraft, were detected over the Baltic Sea, North Sea/Atlantic Ocean and the Black Sea on Tuesday and Wednesday, it said.

Bugger, it must be true, NATO will have to shoot them down, or at the very least, Russian ambassadors called in and given a serious bollocking.

In a breakdown of the incidents, NATO said that in the early hours on Wednesday, eight Russian aircraft - four TU-95 strategic bombers, capable of carrying nuclear weapons, and four tankers - were detected over the North Sea, flying in international airspace.

Ah, hang on with the missiles, the story is bullshit, and the Russians were in international airspace, doing exactly what many NATO aircraft do and a hell of a lot less than such as the USA has done over the years.

So, now we know that, why is there so much scare shit in the press?

Make no mistake. It's a message to Obama.

Meanwhile...

girl.jpg

They're wrapping up pre-production of three new fighters. They've spent a fortune on R&D and they have to get some of those babies sold. What better way than flying over Western Europe saying "I dare you"? Their new top of the line Mig is a match for anything on the planet. It's all part of Putin's massive spending program to upgrade the Russian military...and to intimidate our chickenshit-in-chief.

I think US should protect Europe from Russia with NATO and US should also hold Europe with Russia. US should maintain good realtions with China and the rest of the world for a peaceful development and recreation.

US must be able to defense themselves for their values. NATO should stand for US values and defend directly threat from Russia. US should be able to assist NATO and even Russia with carriars for US values. US and NATO should cooperate closely with China and stand for prosperity, development and diplomacy.

Europe and the US would be in a better position to face down the Russians if NATO members would live up to their Treaty obligations that require members to spend a percentage of their GDP on defense, I believe just a couple besides us do... The incursions are a way for Putin to manifest his displeasure with the sanctions put in place over Russia's role in the violence in Ukraine..

LOL...And how many NATO troops are in the Ukraine....:rofl:

An American led coup?...I wax nostalgic at that bit of Cold War like propaganda....a little bit of truth mixed with a whole lot of bullshit...

Last edited:
Their new top of the line Mig is a match for anything on the planet.
No it isn't.

The MIG-35 is basically just an improvement on the MIG-29. Better radar, sensors, engines etc. but basically based on a design that is almost 40 years old. Despite relatively recent development it is a 4th generation fighter on par with F-18, I don't think it is a match for a Eurofighter much less 5th gen fighter like F-22.

No it isn't.

The MIG-35 is basically just an improvement on the MIG-29. Better radar, sensors, engines etc. but basically based on a design that is almost 40 years old. Despite relatively recent development it is a 4th generation fighter on par with F-18, I don't think it is a match for a Eurofighter much less 5th gen fighter like F-22.

The MiG's are OK, it's the Flanker series that are the best in the Soviet inventory and they are every bit as good as our 4th Gen fighters. The PAK-FA T-50 is the Russian response to the F-22.

No it isn't.

The MiG's are OK, it's the Flanker series that are the best in the Soviet inventory and they are every bit as good as our 4th Gen fighters. The PAK-FA T-50 is the Russian response to the F-22.

Yep'

What seems to concern the Euros the most are the Blackjack intrusions...
A recent intercept by the Brits in their airspace, near Stornoway,,

article-1260381-08DAB356000005DC-799_634x351.jpg

Last edited:
LOL...And how many NATO troops are in the Ukraine....:rofl:

An American led coup?...I wax nostalgic at that bit of Cold War like propaganda....a little bit of truth mixed with a whole lot of bullshit...

Yes, all set up with blocking Russian gas to Europe, while selling US gas to Europe.

Does the Ukrainian Crisis Revolve Around This Pipeline - WhoWhatWhy

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/06/w...-reliance-on-russia-for-natural-gas.html?_r=0

As for the CIA, of course the spooks are there.

Why CIA Director Brennan Visited Kiev In Ukraine The Covert War Has Begun - Forbes

Yes, massive US intervention in Ukraine, but hardly a word in the press, or at least the press aimed at the prols.

To the question regarding NATO troops - tut tut tut - don't you keep up with events?

US troop presence at Ukrainian exercise sends message to Russia - News - Stripes

There are 1,300 international troops taking part in the U.S. Army Europe-led Rapid Trident exercise in western Ukraine

Oh, and don't forget the 'advisers', just like the ones in South East asia some years ago.

U.S. sending advisers gear to Ukraine

Pentagon spokeswoman Eileen Lainez said senior U.S. defense officials met with senior Ukrainian officials earlier this week to discuss "ways our countries could strengthen our long-term defense cooperation to help Ukraine build highly effective armed forces and defense institutions."

In simple words - Ukraine has loads of NATO troops on its soil.

I'l bet you feel pretty silly at this point.

Oh yes I keep up, but I don't equate training Ukrainians to protect their country with a Russian invasion of Ukraine and carving out part of it as Russian...no I don't feel silly at all...just bad for the people of the Ukraine...

Oh yes I keep up, but I don't equate training Ukrainians to protect their country with a Russian invasion of Ukraine and carving out part of it as Russian...no I don't feel silly at all...just bad for the people of the Ukraine...

Sort of depends.
The only election the Ukrainian government held, excluded all the people who were likely to vote against them, and they were installed after an American inspired coup.

Indeed, it is Sukhoi that is top of the food chain in Russia that is why I didn't understand what that dude was talking about the latest Mig.

PAK-FA looks to be an amazing fighter if/when it ever gets fielded, India has been very unhappy with development.

Forum List

Back