Southwest flight attendant takes baby away after seeing it slapped by her mother

That bitch would have been dead before she got one row away from me if I would have corrected my child with a slap or spank....

You'd slap a one year-old child for fussing on an airplane? :eusa_eh:

I have swatted a behind or diaper for a child throwing a tantrum, screaming, etc... We don't know every detail here... but as stated, if I corrected my child with a swat and this bitch took the child away from me, she would have been stone cold dead in 2 steps

Which lends itself to seeing your violent streak.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I have swatted a behind or diaper for a child throwing a tantrum, screaming, etc... We don't know every detail here... but as stated, if I corrected my child with a swat and this bitch took the child away from me, she would have been stone cold dead in 2 steps

But that isn't what happened. The child was hit in the face, not lightly on the behind.

Plus, I don't see how anybody could hit a child that young for crying. As you know, they have no other way of expressing their feelings at that age. It's not like they can articulate their concerns about air pressure and ear pain...

I have slapped my children's cheeks/face before as well... Again, you don't know every detail, the extent of the crying or tantrum, or anything else... but even if someone questions my intent, does not know the whole situation, or whatever, and that person takes my child from me... that person will be meeting their maker

you slapped your kids face? what an asshole.....

McCurley described the mother as agitated with the child, said the woman also slapped the baby on the legs and told the child to shut up.

McCurley said she took the baby and walked to the rear of the plane. She said the father came back, took the child and stood there with her until she fell asleep.

The father told the attendant the parents had several arguments about the mother hitting the child, according to the report.

He told police the mother would occasionally "pop" the child to stop her kicking and screaming, but that the baby had never been hit in the face.

Its not the first time......nor the last

the mom sounds like a good candidate for being sterilized

As a matter of fact about 15 years ago when my oldest was a toddler, we were in McDonalds getting some lunch.. and she over-reacted excitedly and even after being told to stop she jumped up and yanked the tray down spilling everything everywhere and started to then throw a tantrum.... I swatted her as a parent sometimes does and I had some nosey idiot in line come up and start scolding me and stating how spanking is 'wrong' and other various bullshit.... And this is when I was wearing my BDU's.... And I promptly invited the nosey fucker to come outside for his own ass beating if he did not mind his own fucking business... and if that person would have gone as far as to try and take my child away from me, the McDonalds mop would have been cleaning up a LOT MORE than coke, fries, and a burger and a coroner would have joined the manager on the scene

wow so

1) you admit to bringing your kid to mcdonalds
2) you disciplined them in public instead of at home
3) you showed your superior intellect by threatening a person with violence

what year of high school did you drop out?

But that isn't what happened. The child was hit in the face, not lightly on the behind.

Plus, I don't see how anybody could hit a child that young for crying. As you know, they have no other way of expressing their feelings at that age. It's not like they can articulate their concerns about air pressure and ear pain...

I have slapped my children's cheeks/face before as well... Again, you don't know every detail, the extent of the crying or tantrum, or anything else... but even if someone questions my intent, does not know the whole situation, or whatever, and that person takes my child from me... that person will be meeting their maker

Whatever man. Anybody who thinks that slapping a one year-old child is going to accomplish anything is a damned fool. I'm sure nothing that you've done is anything like that, but if it is, I'd rather not hear about it.

indeed. you can telll the dumbest of the dumb by how much force they use vs brains

That bitch would have been dead before she got one row away from me if I would have corrected my child with a slap or spank....

You stupid sucker, DD. You would have been face down on the floor of the plane with a U.S. Marshall's pistol to the back of your head. You imbecile.

I wouldn't mock the internet tough guy who likes to threaten random people and slap around his kids!

McCurley also told authorities the child had a black eye

Child protective services should have been called

:lol: My son has bruise on his head pretty much every day, it is not because I beat him, it is because he is a young child and they fall down or have accidents quite often. He has one of his forehead right now from taking a header into the pavement.

yea it was funny. we played football starting at six and your body gets bruised like crazy. I played offensive and defensive line and after a few practices and games my arms would be purple for the rest of the season.

My dad told me as I got older and we talked about kids etc that he always worried some teacher at school would report him for abuse

Not for babies but for older kids, soap in the mouth for biting works wonders. Actually, soap in the mouth for many things works wonders!

Yes, we occasionally employ that tactic as well. Most recently was a few weeks ago when my son kept screaming in a particularly unpleasant way. Not because he was in pain, but because he was unhappy about something. He screams as a way to drown out opposition, intimidate others, and his voice cuts through your head like a buzz saw. It's unreal.

He kept screaming and had been told to knock it off repeatedly, over days. Finally, I just took the soap and scraped it across his teeth whenever he did it. It took two times, and that unpleasant interlude was over.

Soap in the mouth is nearly full proof. Something I learned along the way . . . forget about the 'days' stuff or the 'endless warnings'. I did that forever and things always ended up worse with nothing learned. Now? I give a warning or two and then, that's it. Final warning says 'next time the hammer comes down' and I stick with it. I also stick with whatever punishment I dish out, usually something like the computer being taken away. A day or two didn't do anything so now it's a week at a time and I stick with it. No getting it back early for good behavior.

we make my stepson write things repeatedly in cursive (hes still getting used to it). he actually cries sometimes to be spanked instead

You sound like a psycho child abuser. I hope your children survive the trauma of living with you, or that you never have any.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
If someone hits a child in public where people are nearby, you can only imagine what's going on behind closed doors. And the poor child also had a black eye.

I support the flight attendant. Someone has to speak up for those who have no words.

I used to say that I'd kill anyone who touched my kids without my permission..

Until that nut at Walmart grabbed my daughter. It happened so fast I had no idea what was happening and couldn't even react.

Now I know that really weird things can happen really quickly and people don't think to do anything at all. It makes you realize how vulnerable people are. Especially kids.

As a matter of fact about 15 years ago when my oldest was a toddler, we were in McDonalds getting some lunch.. and she over-reacted excitedly and even after being told to stop she jumped up and yanked the tray down spilling everything everywhere and started to then throw a tantrum.... I swatted her as a parent sometimes does and I had some nosey idiot in line come up and start scolding me and stating how spanking is 'wrong' and other various bullshit.... And this is when I was wearing my BDU's.... And I promptly invited the nosey fucker to come outside for his own ass beating if he did not mind his own fucking business... and if that person would have gone as far as to try and take my child away from me, the McDonalds mop would have been cleaning up a LOT MORE than coke, fries, and a burger and a coroner would have joined the manager on the scene

wow so

This reminds me of some comedian. You can tell who has kids and who doesn't. People who don't ask, " What are those parents doing to their child?" People who do ask, " What did that child do to their parents?" Not the exact words, but you get my point.

wow so

This reminds me of some comedian. You can tell who has kids and who doesn't. People who don't ask, " What are those parents doing to their child?" People who do ask, " What did that child do to their parents?" Not the exact words, but you get my point.

no just weak parents. I have had my own stepson for over a year now and have 3 cousins that were raised in the same household as me for a number of years. I would never do any of the 3 things I listed and have never done them

I used to say that I'd kill anyone who touched my kids without my permission..

Until that nut at Walmart grabbed my daughter. It happened so fast I had no idea what was happening and couldn't even react.

Now I know that really weird things can happen really quickly and people don't think to do anything at all. It makes you realize how vulnerable people are. Especially kids.

damn... thats got to feel like shit. we had a young family member get kidnapped by unstable family members on the other side of a divorce. was a terrible feeling

wow so

I don't see what's wrong with the first 2.

Mcdonalds is not poison, and sometimes kids need to be disciplined in public, it might be the only way to get them to stop what they're doing at the moment.

Big Diamond Underwear??

What is it with you constitutional fuckers that you always like to settle things with fists and guns? Violent SOB's ain't ya....

And if you had slapped your toddler in the head like that lady did, I'd have taken your kid away too. Do I believe in smacking? Hell, yeah. I have two boys and since the age of about six, they've had their bums paddled many times. But slapped a 13 month old around the mush? GTF outta here....

I'm not opposed to spanking as a form of discipline. However, if you hit a child in anger, then it's not discipline, it's violence. Big difference.

As for the flight attendant's actions, I think she did the right thing. The mother said that she hit the child because the child kicked her. I'm curious about how much force a 13-month old can exert with such a kick. I understand that the kid has to learn not to kick, especially not to kick the parent; however, there are other ways to correct this. The fact that the mother apparently thought nothing of slapping the child rather than swat the behind tends to suggest that she may be abusive. Hard to tell based on one incident interpreted by some news journalist.

Passengers implicitly agree to conditions of carriage whenever they fly on a commercial airline. One of those conditions is that flight attendants maintain order. So all that parental rights bullshit goes right out the window.

wow so

I think I know where the kid learned to throw a tantrum.

I'm not opposed to spanking as a form of discipline. However, if you hit a child in anger, then it's not discipline, it's violence. Big difference.

As for the flight attendant's actions, I think she did the right thing. The mother said that she hit the child because the child kicked her. I'm curious about how much force a 13-month old can exert with such a kick. I understand that the kid has to learn not to kick, especially not to kick the parent; however, there are other ways to correct this. The fact that the mother apparently thought nothing of slapping the child rather than swat the behind tends to suggest that she may be abusive. Hard to tell based on one incident interpreted by some news journalist.

Passengers implicitly agree to conditions of carriage whenever they fly on a commercial airline. One of those conditions is that flight attendants maintain order. So all that parental rights bullshit goes right out the window.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back