Southern Thailand

manonfire

Rookie
Mar 15, 2013
Hello dear board,

I am heading from Southern Thailand(Phuket) towards Cambodia.

Any good stops along the way? will be travelling by local busses.

I've been all over Thailand but I have to admit, Southern Thailand wasn't my favorite. The beaches are beautiful but the tourists were not. In Northern Thailand, I was the only westerner around. Sukothai was worth the trip, Chaing Mai was also great. There is a town called Phimai which might be along the route you are taking. Definitely worth a stop.

Will you be getting to Angkor Wat? If so, do make the effort to get to Beng Mealea. It was the best part of Angkor Wat, I thought.

Hello dear board,

I am heading from Southern Thailand(Phuket) towards Cambodia.

Any good stops along the way? will be travelling by local busses.

Lots, but you won't find the fun you might have heard about like in the days before the Tsunami of a few Xmas's ago. Those areas were pretty much cleaned out by the storm surge, and the government used it as a good way of cleaning up its acts.

But lots of fun to still be had. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Do stay away from anything petty that will get you thrown into Bang Kwang Central Prison for even a night. Not good. Have a drink, but when trouble starts make tracks.

Patpong can be hazardous if you don't keep your senses about you late at night, and if you are homophobic, all the more. You could end up unconscious in the morning, in the sewers, and with a butt plug wedged deep.

Any bar down south that is frequented by local off-duty police and militia. They get drunk and like to start shooting anything, like bottle caps off of drinks.

Soi Cowboy can be great if you go single, but if you have a girl you love or care about, best to avoid. You might wake up baited, tied, and without a kidney, while she is doing serious late night time paying off your bills in god knows where.

Last but not least, if you even hear anyone recommend you to take on Koh Phangan for a full moon party, they are not your friend. Be cordial, and you and your girl slip out without a second look and head elsewhere, if you value your life.

I can think of some others, but overall, its a great place to visit.

Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
During this tour in Thailand you shall stay in a secluded bay on the tropical island of Ko Phangan and specially beaches are in Thailand is fantastic....

Thailand is the most beautiful place in the Asia to visit for your wonderful vacation. This country is lovingly called as the land of smile as the people of this country are always with a smiling face. Thailand as a travel destination is one of my family’s favourites. I have spent here a big part of my life. We can find almost anything here. With great food, a tropical climate, charming culture and great beaches as well as Thailand is a magnet for travellers the world over.

The tourist spots in Thailand are bloody terrible.
Just endless rows of prostitute filled bars.
Get out of the tourist areas and it's bloody great.

Forum List

Back