Southern Poverty Law Center proves their irrelevance.

the splc names anyone not a complete liberal a hate group or person.

sure, occasionally they actual hammer an actual hate group, but their list is so vast, they make it so that no thinking person can take them seriously when they cry wolf, again.

Funny, I don't see "hate group" mentioned in the OP. I thought it was a piece about "date rape". We opposed or defending? :eusa_eh:

The Church of Morris Dees

By Ken Silverstein -- Harper's Magazine, November 2000

How the Southern Poverty Law Center profits from intolerance

Ah, tolerance. Who could be against something so virtuous? And who could object to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the Montgomery, Alabama-based group that recently sent out this heartwarming yet mildly terrifying appeal to raise money for its "Teaching Tolerance" program, which prepares educational kits for schoolteachers? Cofounded in 1971 by civil rights lawyer cum direct-marketing millionaire Morris Dees, a leading critic of "hate groups" and a man so beatific that he was the subject of a made-for-TV movie, the SPLC spent much of its early years defending prisoners who faced the death penalty and suing to desegregate all-white institutions like Alabama's highway patrol. That was then.

Today, the SPLC spends most of its time--and money--on a relentless fund-raising campaign, peddling memberships in the church of tolerance with all the zeal of a circuit rider passing the collection plate. "He's the Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker of the civil rights movement," renowned anti- death-penalty lawyer Millard Farmer says of Dees, his former associate, "though I don!t mean to malign Jim and Tammy Faye." The Center earned $44 million last year alone--$27 million from fund-raising and $17 million from stocks and other investments--but spent only $13 million on civil rights program , making it one of the most profitable charities in the country.

The Ku Klux Klan, the SPLC's most lucrative nemesis, has shrunk from 4 million members in the 1920s to an estimated 2,000 today, as many as 10 percent of whom are thought to be FBI informants <http://www.servtech.com/~grugyn/kkk-5.htm> . But news of a declining Klan does not make for inclining donations to Morris Dees and Co., which is why the SPLC honors nearly every nationally covered "hate crime" with direct-mail alarums full of nightmarish invocations of "armed Klan paramilitary forces" and "violent neo-Nazi extremists," and why Dees does legal battle almost exclusively with mediagenic villains-like Idaho's arch-Aryan Richard Butler-eager to show off their swastikas for the news cameras.

In 1987, Dees won a $7 million judgment against the United Klans of America on behalf of Beulah Mae Donald, whose son was lynched by two Klansmen. The UKA's total assets amounted to a warehouse whose sale netted Mrs. Donald $51,875. According to a groundbreaking series of newspaper stories in the Montgomery Advertiser, the SPLC, meanwhile, made $9 million from fund-raising solicitations featuring the case, including one containing a photo of Michael Donald's corpse.

The Church of Morris Dees - November, 2000 - Harper's Magazine

Bill Keller, LivePrayer.Com Founder, Plans Southern Poverty Law Center Lawsuit For 'Hate Group' Label

Posted: 08/17/2012

A prominent evangelist is threatening to sue the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) after it labeled his Internet-based ministry a "hate group."

According to a press release, Bill Keller -- deemed "the world's leading Internet evangelist" and the founder of LivePrayer.com -- is planning a $100 million defamation lawsuit against the SPLC.

"The sad shooting the other day at the Family Research Council by a man who supports the radical homosexual agenda, was clearly fueled by the left wing group, the Southern Poverty Law Center," Keller is quoted by ThinkProgress as saying. "I receive at least 4-5 death threats a month for taking a Biblical stand on issues like homosexuality, the false religion of Islam and other cults, and the fact life begins at conception and choosing to end that life is nothing more than legalized infanticide."

---

Bill Keller, LivePrayer.Com Founder, Plans Southern Poverty Law Center Lawsuit For 'Hate Group' Label

Smearing Conservatives, Raking in Cash

Posted by Matthew Vadum
Aug 20th, 2012

After the Southern Poverty Law Center &#8211; a quarter-billion dollar leftist attack machine funded by George Soros &#8211; labeled the conservative Family Research Council a &#8220;hate group,&#8221; a gay rights activist shot up FRC headquarters in Washington, D.C. last week.

FRC president Tony Perkins acknowledged &#8220;the gunman is responsible for the shooting,&#8221; but blamed the SPLC for &#8220;recklessly&#8221; labeling groups &#8220;like FRC that they disagree with as &#8216;hate groups,&#8217; that created this hostile environment.&#8221;

The Southern Poverty Law Center&#8217;s behavior isn&#8217;t reckless as such. It&#8217;s far worse than that. It is calculated and malicious, intended to foment hatred and raise oceans of cash by bamboozling gullible liberals into giving money to what is one of the wealthiest nonprofit groups in the history of the United States.

---
http://frontpagemag.com/2012/matthew...raking-in-cash

markpotok2.png

'Occupy' terrorists now called 'radical right' by Southern Poverty Law Center

Thomas Lifson
9/9/12

Did you know that the Occupy Movement is actually a part of the "radical right"? The movement, which received favorable comments from the commanding heights of the American left -- President Obama, Nancy Pelosi, the New York Times, and MSNBC -- has now shown itself to include very violent elements, including actual terrorists, who began a bomb plot in Cleveland, only to be apprehended before carrying out their program of terror.

The media has done its best to ignore the Occupy terrorists, but have now confessed. Perhaps drawing inspiration from Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who can lie with an utterly straight face about reality (what she said on tape about the Israeli ambassador, what happened on the floor of the DNC when the words Jerusalem and God were excised and then restored to the platform), the Southern Poverty Law Center has stepped in to solve the problem for the left. Re-define the Occupy movement as "radical right."

Take a look at the latest from the "Hatewatch" page of the SPLC's website:

---

Read more: Blog: 'Occupy' terrorists now called 'radical right' by Southern Poverty Law Center

Now, the SPLC has gone one step further in its logic. If it is violent and bad, it must be right wing.

MarkPotok2.png

The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Ridiculous ‘Hate Group’ List

February 26, 2014 by Robert Spencer

s000016517-300.gif

Rest easy: the nation’s watchdogs, patented Hate Detectors gripped in their sweaty palms, are still on the job. The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) has released its latest report on hate groups, and while the numbers of these vile entities has decreased, the SPLC solons assure us they’re scarier than ever: Mark Potok of the SPLC, trying his best to affect a stiff-backed Joe Friday pose conveying grim and unimpeachable authority, declared: “The radical right is growing leaner and meaner. The numbers are down somewhat, but the potential for violence remains high.” In other words, keep those checks coming, folks!

And they do. The SPLC took in over $38 million in 2011; the previous year, its CEO Richard Cohen earned $351,648, and its notorious Chief Trial Counsel, Morris Dees, pulled in a cool $346,919. All that to keep you safe from the likes of…me. The SPLC lists my website Jihad Watch (Jihad Watch) as a hate group, along with the American Freedom Defense Initiative, of which I am vice president, and its Stop Islamization of America program. My colleague Pamela Geller founded AFDI/SIOA; the SPLC also lists her website Atlas Shrugs (News | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs), along with our international umbrella group Stop Islamization of Nations, as hate groups — so Pamela Geller and I are both four hate groups, and between us are responsible for five hate groups. Two people. We are also both the subject of lavish and arguably libelous profiles as “hate group leaders.” The brilliant FrontPage writer Daniel Greenfield’s blog Sultan Knish (Sultan Knish) is listed as another hate group. That’s six hate groups, three people. “Leaner and meaner,” indeed!

The SPLC’s Hate Groups list is a cudgel, a tool for the use of Leftist enemies of the freedom of speech. When Pamela Geller or I or some other “hate group leader” is invited to speak somewhere, Leftists and Islamic supremacists avid to shut down honest discussion of jihad terror and Islamic supremacism contact the event organizers, tell them that the SPLC classifies us as “hate group leaders,” and all too often, ignorant or cowardly officials, unaware of or indifferent to how they’re being played and anxious to avoid “controversy,” cancel the event. It works like a charm, in just the way it was intended to work.

These classifications, unsurprisingly, have also become a staple of every report from lazy Leftist journalists.

The SPLC is merely a propaganda organ for the Left, tarring any group that dissents from its extreme political agenda as a “hate group.” And while Potok warns of “right-wing” violence, actually the SPLC itself is more dangerous than its targets: its “hate group” designation against the Family Research Council led one of its followers to storm the FRC offices with a gun, determined to murder the chief of the FRC. This shows that these kinds of charges shouldn’t be thrown around frivolously as tools to demonize and marginalize those whose politics the SPLC dislikes.

Conservative groups must stop bowing to smear campaigns orchestrated by Leftist groups with a clear anti-freedom agenda. We will never win the country back without challenging – and absolutely refusing to accept — the authority and reliability of the Left’s self-appointed guardians of acceptable opinion. A good place to start would be to relegate the SPLC to the dustbin of history it has reserved for the foes of Leftist thuggery and jihad terror.

The Southern Poverty Law Center?s Ridiculous ?Hate Group? List | FrontPage Magazine

With all the good work SPLC does I can't believe any serious person who is not a bigot or a racist sympathizer would blindly attack the SPLC as an institution.

Wait hold on:

Oath Keepers Group Battered by Members' Arrests | Southern Poverty Law Center

Oath Keepers Rally Reveals Radical Politics of Group | Hatewatch

Yes, a group that slanders principled Law Enforcement Officers is worthy of consideration? Anyone who disagrees with their assertion is a racist or bigot?

SPLC Labeling FRC As A "Hate Group" Endangered My Life

02/09/2013
by Anna Maria Hoffman

On Wednesday, Floyd Lee Corkins II, who was responsible for the Family Research Council shooting on August 15, 2012, plead guilty to three charges, which included committing an act of terrorism.

While interviewed by the FBI, Corkins admitted that he wanted to "kill as many as possible and smear the Chick-Fil-A sandwiches in victims' faces, and kill the guard."

I was one of those people who could have been his victim. I was on the 6th floor of the FRC building working on my pro-life internship assignments. I could have lost my life. My dear friend Rosa and everyone else in the building, including my boss Jeanne Monahan, now president of March for Life, could have lost their lives.

That fateful day has only reminded me of how precious life truly is and how important it is to live every day as if it is your last. I thank God every day that our building manager, Leo Johnson, prevented Corkins from carrying out his intended act of violence. Leo's courage and strength helped prevent what could have been a heartbreaking tragedy. Leo is a real hero that I will continue to thank for the rest of my life.

It saddens me and brings tears to my eyes that a person like Corkins would resort to violence out of political disagreement, especially on the topic of gay marriage. It breaks my heart that Southern Poverty Law Center facilitated his intent to commit such a horrific act of violence by labeling FRC as a "hate group."

SPLC Labeling FRC As A "Hate Group" Endangered My Life - Counter Cultured

With all the good work SPLC does I can't believe any serious person who is not a bigot or a racist sympathizer would blindly attack the SPLC as an institution.

Wait hold on:

Oath Keepers Group Battered by Members' Arrests | Southern Poverty Law Center

Oath Keepers Rally Reveals Radical Politics of Group | Hatewatch

Yes, a group that slanders principled Law Enforcement Officers is worthy of consideration? Anyone who disagrees with their assertion is a racist or bigot?

Stop putting LE on a pedestal ... :cuckoo:

Guess what, if you have a lot of consensual sex and don't call the other person back, and then brag about, the SPLC officially labels you a hate group.

RooshV
Roosh Vörek is a Maryland-raised PUA (“pick up artist”) whose specialty is sex with foreign women; his blog is a sales vehicle for his books like Bang: The Pick Up Bible and Bang Iceland: How to Sleep With Icelandic Women in Iceland, which one Icelandic feminist group described as a “rape guide.” Vörek likes to talk about his many “notches” (seductions) and such things as “American ***** who I want to hate fuck.” He adds: “I’ll be the first to admit that many of my bangs in the United States were hate fucks. The masculine attitude and lack of care these women put into their style or hair irritated me, so I made it a point to fuck them and never call again.”

Misogyny: The Sites | Southern Poverty Law Center

I don't see the term "hate group" in your link.

It's a windbagh post

Journalists who have no ideological or financial interest in skewing the outcome one way or the other have conducted examinations of the SPLC&#8217;s nearly 40-year history. While the political leanings of the publications and journalists who undertook several of the investigations would lead one to expect a favorable evaluation of the SPLC, quite the opposite was the case.
Articles published in The Nation, Harper&#8217;s, and even the SPLC&#8217;s hometown newspaper, the Montgomery Advertiser, all make the same assertion: the SPLC exaggerates, and manipulates incidents of&#8220;hate&#8221; for the sole purpose of raising vast sums of money.

TheNation.
In response to a letter published in the February26,2001 edition of the magazine from Richard Cohen (the SPLC&#8217;s president and CEO) defending the SPLC&#8217;s activities, journalist Jo Ann Wypijewski questioned what the organization does with its vast war chest:

The center doesn&#8217;t devote all of its resources to any kind of fight. In 1999, it spent $2.4 million on litigation and $5.7million on fundraising, meanwhile taking in more than $44 million&#8212;$27million from fundraising, the rest from investments. A few years ago the American Institute of Philanthropy gave the SPLC an F for &#8216;excessive&#8217; reserves.On the subject of &#8216;hate groups, &#8217;though, Cohen is almost comically disingenuous. No one has been more assiduous in inflating the profile of such groups than the center&#8217;s millionaire huckster Morris Dees, who in 1999 began a begging letter ,&#8216; DearFriend, The danger presented by the Klan is greater now than at any time in the past ten years.'

Hate sells; poor people don&#8217;t, which is why readers who go to the center&#8217;s website will find only a handful of cases on such unlucrative causes as fair housing, worker safety or healthcare, many of those from the 1970s and &#8216;80s. Why the organization continues to keep &#8216;Poverty&#8217; (or even &#8216;Law&#8217;) in its name, can be ascribed only to nostalgia or a cynical understanding of the marketing possibilities in class guilt.

The Nation&#8217;s opinion of the SPLC has only diminished with the passage of time. Syndicated columnist Alexander Cockburn wrote a scathing article entitled &#8220;King of the Hate Business,&#8221; for the April 29, 2009 edition of the magazine. In his piece, Cockburn lambasted the SPLC and its founder, Morris Dees. Noting the election of Barack Obama and solid Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress, Cockburn observed, &#8220;It&#8217;s also horrible news for people who raise money and make money selling the notion that there&#8217;s a right resurgence out there in the hinterland with legions of haters ready to march down Main Street draped in Klan robes, a copy of Mein Kampf tucked under one arm and a Bible under the other.&#8221;
Cockburn, like just about every one else who has examined the SPLC&#8217;s record, noted the organization&#8217;s shameful record of hyping hate for profit. What is the arch salesman of hate mongering, Morris Dees of the Southern Poverty Law Center,going to do now? Ever since 1971, U.S. Postal Service mailbags have bulged with his fundraising letters, scaring dollars out of the pockets of trembling liberals aghast at his lurid depictions of a hate-sodden America in dire need of legal confrontation by the SPLC.

Make that Southern Poverty Laughingstock Center.

http://www.fairus.org/publications/...archID=6086749&ObjectID=5123209&ObjectType=35

Last edited:

Forum List

Back