southern baptists only please

"Regeneration. We believe that the Scriptures teach that in order to be saved, sinners must be regenerated, or born again; that regeneration consists in giving a holy disposition to the mind..."

Southern Baptist Church Official Site

Again. Salvation doesn't come from water. When you are saved you naturally want to be obedient and BE baptized, but some are saved before they are baptised..and they are still saved.

when we are born, we are born of water....the mother's water breaks and plop, there you are.... :)

when we are born again, we are born again of Spirit
Dang, here we all wanted to make it all complicated and you go messing that up.

hahahaha!

it really wasn't that simple for me....it took 30 years of individual bible study before i finally arrived at that and understood that.... due to differing childhood indoctrination i suppose? :D

when we are born, we are born of water....the mother's water breaks and plop, there you are.... :)

when we are born again, we are born again of Spirit
Dang, here we all wanted to make it all complicated and you go messing that up.

hahahaha!

it really wasn't that simple for me....it took 30 years of individual bible study before i finally arrived at that and understood that.... due to differing childhood indoctrination i suppose? :D
My family was not an every Sunday church type family so I can't consider that as indoctrination although the majority are believers they merely do their own thing and take each day one at a time. I think my grandfather had a big impact long term. He used to fix me cream coffee and tell me stuff when I was very little. It would be years into my adulthood before I would reflect back on those childhood memories. He never took me to church or preached. He'd show me little things like four leaf clovers and how to whistle with a blade of grass and many other things. I would sit on his lap and feel safe from all the older children in the family. He caught a teenage uncle trying to kill me with blunt force once and that did it. From that day forward whenever we were there he had me right close to him. He died shortly before my daughter was born just before I was 16. He'd been walking across the street and a car going 63 hit him. Life went on and twenty years later I saw him in a dream. It was more real than me sitting here writing today. We sat on a white porch swing and he said, "everything is going to be okay". he still had his snow white hair but I did not see any wrinkles.

I had not thought about grandpa for years. Rod had just the day before brought me back from a two day trip in Missouri. We had drove down through these hills into a little valley while there and I had the strangest sensations. It was like I had been there before. I was starting to freak and Rod said, you want me to stop? I said no and we continued on. Then I started seeing mailboxes with my maiden name on them for miles and miles. I had commented to Rod, mm lots of family here. Not knowing it was true.

The day after that dream I called my dad and told him about the place in MO with all those people with the same name. He said well that is where your grandpa is from. That same day I called my bank because I had this urgent feeling about getting our book keeper off the checking account. I would learn a few months later she had intended on embezzling $27,000.00 plus.

Forum List

Back