Southern Baptist leader on yoga: Not Christianity

Dick Tuck

Board Troll
Aug 29, 2009
And the stupid just keeps getting stronger. Aside from the fact that this moron doesn't know his theology, i.e. Christian meditation, he also seems clueless about the physical benefits of yoga.

Southern Baptist leader on yoga: Not Christianity

A Southern Baptist leader who is calling for Christians to avoid yoga and its spiritual attachments is getting plenty of pushback from enthusiasts who defend the ancient practice.

Southern Baptist Seminary President Albert Mohler says the stretching and meditative discipline derived from Eastern religions is not a Christian pathway to God.

Mohler said he objects to "the idea that the body is a vehicle for reaching consciousness with the divine."

"That's just not Christianity," Mohler told The Associated Press.

...​

As i mentioned in the other, rather long, thread on this topic. I humbly disagree with his assertion.

So a free man gives his opinion about Yoga and Christianity. My, my, we can't have any of that. This is clear example of why the left is dangerous to all of our constitutional freedoms.

So a free man gives his opinion about Yoga and Christianity. My, my, we can't have any of that. This is clear example of why the left is dangerous to all of our constitutional freedoms.

:cuckoo:

I agree. Pretty crazy to mock someone for having an opinion that is dfferent than yours. I thought lefties were "inclusive" and "tolerant' of different cultures? Guess not. Maybe we should post an OP about a muslim cleric who thinks women are property. Would that be crazy also?

It maybe clear to you. What is clear to me is that under the color of authority a man hopes to get some attention, and most people - it seems - see not an exercise of freedom, but an exercise in attention seeking.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

I agree. Pretty crazy to mock someone for having an opinion that is dfferent than yours. I thought lefties were "inclusive" and "tolerant' of different cultures? Guess not. Maybe we should post an OP about a muslim cleric who thinks women are property. Would that be crazy also?
You have the right to your opinion, just like I have the right to think you are crazy.

i guess you can couch it that way. different opinions don't bother most of us, I would think. But mocking others' opinions seems to be currency on both sides, so i wouldn't be so quick to attribute it to the 'left' (though I know the rightwingnuts love doing that)

on the other hand, some 'opinions' are simply nuts and should be mocked.

It's interesting that this man can become Southern Baptist Seminary President, with boneheaded positions like this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since Hagee hails from that organization. Do rank and file Southern Baptists really buy this stupidity? That's the real question.

You have the right to your opinion, just like I have the right to think you are crazy.

You also have the constitutional right to be dumber than a mule fuckin' a goat.

i guess you can couch it that way. different opinions don't bother most of us, I would think. But mocking others' opinions seems to be currency on both sides, so i wouldn't be so quick to attribute it to the 'left' (though I know the rightwingnuts love doing that)

on the other hand, some 'opinions' are simply nuts and should be mocked.

When are you going to mock muslim women for covering their entire body because of their religion? I don't think you'll mock this. You don't have the courage.

IranWomen05.jpg

It's interesting that this man can become Southern Baptist Seminary President, with boneheaded positions like this. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since Hagee hails from that organization. Do rank and file Southern Baptists really buy this stupidity? That's the real question.
yeah, what a bonehead, he has the courage to state the truth
yoga is NOT Christian in any way shape or form

Some believe that Fight Club is the path to Christian knowledge.

Flock Is Now a Fight Team in Some Ministries

You are the typical arrogant coward lefty. You mock Christians, but you don't have the courage to mock Islam.

holy crap, thats just as ridiculous

"Jesus was a fighter"

uh, not the Jesus in the bible

Dick Tuck and the other morons don't understand one thing about Islam or Christianity. This is what they do. They mock, they ridicule, they lie. They're not capable of intelligent discussion of facts or evidence. Their agenda is quite clear. Use anything or anyone to stand against the people who live a Judeo-Christian life in America.

Forum List

Back