South Park trolls shitty backup Colin Kaepernick

Huh? Please expound.

Okay.

The Constitution specifically protects the right to protest politically. This is a huge part of what makes America American in the modern era. Protesting is very American, it's legal, where it isn't legal in many countries in the world.

So, a guy who protests at something should be seen as a good thing.

Yet people are pounding on this guy for doing something which is not only pro-American, it's protected by the constitution.

The very same people would praise him if he started go on about his 2nd Amendment right. But he's using the protections from the 1st Amendment and they don't like it.

He's not breaking the law, he's actually doing something that is constitutionally protected. Surely this is something that should be cherished, not attacked. Assuming people actually like the constitution of course.
Fair enough. Of course, the constitution also specifically protects the right to make fun of Colin Kaepernick.

Sure it does. But why would you want to make fun of a guy who is trying to make the country fairer? Unless of course you don't want the country to be fairer, you want your group of people to dominate over others and to have the problems that are associated with this divide in society.

Why would you want to make fun of someone, and thereby attacking the Constitution and all it stands for, while claiming you're protecting the values of the country?

Do people really want to be so hypocritical? I mean, if you're going to make fun of someone, shouldn't you make sure you're not opening yourself up for attack in the first place?
Will the country be fairer when blacks are no longer punished for the crimes they commit?

I didn't say don't punish people for crimes committed, did I?

What I'm saying is make education better, make opportunities for all based on ability rather than the money you're born into, make sure everyone is getting through high school, make sure school is relevant to their life as an adult by teaching skills that will be useful.

Technical schools for those who want to go that route, academic schools for those who want to follow that route. Make sure they're learning about how to be good human beings, make sure they're learning critical thinking skills, cooking skills, being made aware of the people around them, the consequences of the actions they make.

Let's change things so they make sense and are relevant to people's lives.
Getting along is overrated

Okay.

The Constitution specifically protects the right to protest politically. This is a huge part of what makes America American in the modern era. Protesting is very American, it's legal, where it isn't legal in many countries in the world.

So, a guy who protests at something should be seen as a good thing.

Yet people are pounding on this guy for doing something which is not only pro-American, it's protected by the constitution.

The very same people would praise him if he started go on about his 2nd Amendment right. But he's using the protections from the 1st Amendment and they don't like it.

He's not breaking the law, he's actually doing something that is constitutionally protected. Surely this is something that should be cherished, not attacked. Assuming people actually like the constitution of course.
Fair enough. Of course, the constitution also specifically protects the right to make fun of Colin Kaepernick.

Sure it does. But why would you want to make fun of a guy who is trying to make the country fairer? Unless of course you don't want the country to be fairer, you want your group of people to dominate over others and to have the problems that are associated with this divide in society.

Why would you want to make fun of someone, and thereby attacking the Constitution and all it stands for, while claiming you're protecting the values of the country?

Do people really want to be so hypocritical? I mean, if you're going to make fun of someone, shouldn't you make sure you're not opening yourself up for attack in the first place?
Will the country be fairer when blacks are no longer punished for the crimes they commit?

What I'm saying is make education better, make opportunities for all based on ability rather than the money you're born into, make sure everyone is getting through high school, make sure school is relevant to their life as an adult by teaching skills that will be useful.

Technical schools for those who want to go that route, academic schools for those who want to follow that route. Make sure they're learning about how to be good human beings, make sure they're learning critical thinking skills, cooking skills, being made aware of the people around them, the consequences of the actions they make.

So you supported vouchers then?

No.

The main reason I oppose vouchers is because it's just a system for giving rich parents money.

If you choose private education, you should pay for all of the education and the state should give you none.

What I do support is money following children. In the UK each state school is given money per student. You don't need a voucher to give to rich kids at private schools. It's ONLY for state schools.

I do believe in choice when it comes to which school you can go to. Parents should be able to choose whichever school they want. If they want to ship their kids off to a school an hour away, that's their choice. However schools should be giving priority to those kids who are close by also. It'd be ridiculous having a state school where local kids can't get in.

There's opportunities like that available today, opportunities passed up by black people who would rather deal drugs. What does that have to do with justifiable police shootings being recast as racial oppression?

Oh come on. People would much rather do things legally than illegally. However many "would rather deal drugs" than what? What deals are they passing up on?

Often they see what their society is like, their inner city areas, those around them who never make it. Those who stick to the straight and narrow and end up working in McDonalds. Where are these opportunities they're passing up on?

What does all this have to do with police shootings etc?

People start getting angry when they see no other choice, that's what.
Ridiculous. Blacks deal drugs because it can be more lucrative than toiling for an honest buck. Which still has nothing to do with protesting justifiable police shootings as if they were some sort of injustice.

People will try and make money. If dealing drugs is far more lucrative than anything they can get, then they will do this. When you have inner city areas which don't provide opportunities then people are going to go for the money.
If you haven't given them the chance to get a decent job, then they'll go for that.

The biggest problem in inner cities is that they've been allowed to fester, to the point where dealing drugs is actually seen as normal. Where being in a gang is seen as normal. The break up of the family, the lack of support for kids, and gangs are suddenly a better option.

This isn't a simple topic, there are lots of areas in which you could go into detail and see the effects of many things. The easy thing here is that the govt isn't dealing with any of them effectively, so the problems continue.

As for police shootings. The police do a very difficult job. Their job is far, far more dangerous and difficult than their counterparts in other first world countries.

85 police officers have been killed in the line of duty this year in the USA.

2 from Assault, 39 from gun fire, 10 from vehicular assault.

In 2015 it was 130 deaths
2014 145
2012 124

List of British police officers killed in the line of duty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the UK, which has a population 5 times lower than the US, in 2015 there was one. In 2014 there were none. In 2013 there was one, in 2012 there were 3, 2011 and 2012 there were none.

List of Gardaí killed in the line of duty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Ireland with a population of 6 million, 50 times smaller, there was one in 2015, one in 2013, one in 2011, two in 2009.

Do you see the difference here?

The job is harder. And the police are more on edge, the criminals are far more likely to have guns, and far more likely to use them,

No.

The main reason I oppose vouchers is because it's just a system for giving rich parents money.

If you choose private education, you should pay for all of the education and the state should give you none.

What I do support is money following children. In the UK each state school is given money per student. You don't need a voucher to give to rich kids at private schools. It's ONLY for state schools.

I do believe in choice when it comes to which school you can go to. Parents should be able to choose whichever school they want. If they want to ship their kids off to a school an hour away, that's their choice. However schools should be giving priority to those kids who are close by also. It'd be ridiculous having a state school where local kids can't get in.
You're on the wrong side of this issue. Democrats have sided with keeping everything the same with the same shitty results. Republicans are the party of change.

There's opportunities like that available today, opportunities passed up by black people who would rather deal drugs. What does that have to do with justifiable police shootings being recast as racial oppression?

Oh come on. People would much rather do things legally than illegally. However many "would rather deal drugs" than what? What deals are they passing up on?

Often they see what their society is like, their inner city areas, those around them who never make it. Those who stick to the straight and narrow and end up working in McDonalds. Where are these opportunities they're passing up on?

Ridiculous. Blacks deal drugs because it can be more lucrative than toiling for an honest buck. Which still has nothing to do with protesting justifiable police shootings as if they were some sort of injustice.

People will try and make money. If dealing drugs is far more lucrative than anything they can get, then they will do this. When you have inner city areas which don't provide opportunities then people are going to go for the money.
If you haven't given them the chance to get a decent job, then they'll go for that.

The biggest problem in inner cities is that they've been allowed to fester, to the point where dealing drugs is actually seen as normal. Where being in a gang is seen as normal. The break up of the family, the lack of support for kids, and gangs are suddenly a better option.

This isn't a simple topic, there are lots of areas in which you could go into detail and see the effects of many things. The easy thing here is that the govt isn't dealing with any of them effectively, so the problems continue.

As for police shootings. The police do a very difficult job. Their job is far, far more dangerous and difficult than their counterparts in other first world countries.

2014 145
2012 124

List of British police officers killed in the line of duty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the UK, which has a population 5 times lower than the US, in 2015 there was one. In 2014 there were none. In 2013 there was one, in 2012 there were 3, 2011 and 2012 there were none.

In Ireland with a population of 6 million, 50 times smaller, there was one in 2015, one in 2013, one in 2011, two in 2009.

The job is harder. And the police are more on edge, the criminals are far more likely to have guns, and far more likely to use them,
And when they do, they should be shot and black Leftist assholes need to stop protesing their well deserved deaths.

No.

You're on the wrong side of this issue. Democrats have sided with keeping everything the same with the same shitty results. Republicans are the party of change.

Firstly I've never voted Republican or Democrat in my life. I don't like either party.

Second, Democrats aren't good for the US, nor are Republicans. Republicans only want change to make it go back to how it was, and A) it's not happening and B) it wouldn't work anyway.

I've lived in other countries, and crime, social issues etc are dealt with far more effectively in those first world countries than in the USA.

In the UK they had gang issues. The Jamaican Yardies went to the UK because they didn't need visas, and gun issues became prevalent. The govt decided to deal with the issue and after a few years the problem was massively reduced. In the US this doesn't happen. People's attitudes are "we won't do this until it's proven to work, but we won't allow it to be proven". It doesn't help.

2014 145
2012 124

And when they do, they should be shot and black Leftist assholes need to stop protesing their well deserved deaths.

There are two ways to solve problems. The first is to take into account all the available data from many areas and make educated decisions, the other is to act like an idiot and demand nonsense in order to make it work.

Which do you think works better?

2014 145
2012 124

There are two ways to solve problems. The first is to take into account all the available data from many areas and make educated decisions, the other is to act like an idiot and demand nonsense in order to make it work.

Freedom always works better. Give people school vouchers and let them decide. The money will naturally gravitate to the schools that educate better. Good private schools are no longer the domain of the wealthy. Because you're a Leftist, you'll never relinquish control over people's lives and where their education dollars go.

South Park, biggest hypocrites ever.
Go on...

Sure, they go after any celebrity who voices any type of political message, left, right whatever. However South Park routinely mocks politicians and government.
How does that make them hypocrites?

They should draw themselves and mock their own celebrity 'voice' for a change.

We're you dropped on you head as a child?

2014 145
2012 124

Freedom always works better. Give people school vouchers and let them decide. The money will naturally gravitate to the schools that educate better. Good private schools are no longer the domain of the wealthy. Because you're a Leftist, you'll never relinquish control over people's lives and where their education dollars go.

Freedom can be gained in many ways, not just with vouchers. It's an absurd suggestion to suggest that vouchers allow choice while other ways don't.

Just simply allow people to choose their school AND make sure every kid who goes to a STATE SCHOOL (not private) is allocated the SAME amount of money for being at that school. See? No vouchers but has CHOICE.

You say good private schools are no longer the domain of the wealthy. Rubbish. They just put the prices up to stop the poorer kids going.

I'm going to ask you to prove that giving money to rich kids who already can afford to pay for their education helps the education system.

There are 5.1 million kids in private schools in the USA

The Condition of Education - Participation in Education - Elementary/Secondary - Private School Enrollment - Indicator May (2016)

Imagine if each kid is given $11,000 a year for their education. (The average per student in the US according to Education Spending Per Student by State)

That means $56 billion per year, for students who already can afford their private education. That's $56 billion simply to hand out to rich people every year for nothing. That's why the right supports vouchers.

The US spends $1,000 billion on education each year.

US Education Spending for 2016 - Charts

That means about 5.6% of the overall budget on education, just to go to kids who can afford to pay for the private education they chose. That makes no sense. It takes 5.6% away from those in state schools who cannot afford to pay for education.

That means instead of $11,000 a year, they'll get $615 less per year. That means a school of 1,000 students will lose $615,000 a year. Clearly this is going to promote elitism.

That makes no sense. We should fart in people's faces because they can't any more? We should murder people because they can't any more? We should fuck rabbits because they can't any more?

Holy shit, the possibilities of what we should do are endless here.
Under all those markers is a human life sacrificed for you freedom. So show a little respect dumbass.

That makes no sense. We should fart in people's faces because they can't any more? We should murder people because they can't any more? We should fuck rabbits because they can't any more?

Holy shit, the possibilities of what we should do are endless here.
Under all those markers is a human life sacrificed for you freedom. So show a little respect dumbass.

They certainly sacrificed their lives. But for freedom? How many of those 4,000 who died in Iraq did so to protect my freedom? None, not one. They were unfortunate to die for the cause of rich people and their oil.

When was the last time a US soldier died to protect freedom? 1945 perhaps?

Forum List

Back