South Park Parked by Complaints

Kathianne said:
I laughed out loud watching Team America. It was great. Skewered everyone.
exactly!

i loved how they made all the actors members of the Film Actors Guild instead of Screen Actors Guild

Alec Baldwin-F.A.G.
Matt Damon-F.A.G.
Susan Sarandon-F.A.G.
Tim Robbins-F.A.G.

not that we needed Matt and Trey to tell us these people are F.A.G.s... :thup:

I also loved their protrayal of Kim Jong Il (sp?)... "I'm so ronery...so ronery..."

insein said:
Ive seen every episode of Family Guy like 10 times. Which episode was that? Its hard to remember out of context.

The Christmas episode. It was in response to Peter saying, "This is Christmas, the time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living, so we sing him back to sleep with Christmas carols."

Hobbit said:
The Christmas episode. It was in response to Peter saying, "This is Christmas, the time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living, so we sing him back to sleep with Christmas carols."

OH yea, lol. God i love that show.

I think it's unfair to think of South Park as just being dumb or pointless. I'm making a gigantic leap here, but I'm going to say that I think Trey Parker and Matt Stone are just as important to our times as, I don't know, Jonathan Swift or Mark Twain were to their respective times. Unlike, say, Michael Moore or The Daily Show or any other commonly referenced "satirists" these days, they make fun of both sides equally, and show us all how dumb everything is, not just the stuff they disagree with.

And, now, over the past few seasons, they've actually been able to tell decent stories on top of their satire, so that's even better.

It's a shame Team America did so badly in the theaters, I think a lot of people could've learned a thing or two from it.

Forum List

Back