South Korean Building Design Evokes Towers

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I'm kind of flummoxed by this one:

article-0-0F1F0B9C00000578-967_634x598.jpg

This does not appear to be a sick joke. Architects have designed a pair of apartment towers in South Korea that are unbelievably reminiscent of the 9/11 attacks on New York's World Trade Centre.
These incredible pictures show how Dutch architecture firm MVRDV somehow managed to design the eerie 260-metre and 300-metre towers next to each other, connected by a ‘pixelated cloud’.
And in a good contender for quote of the year, a company statement insists they did not ‘see the resemblance during the design process’ for the buildings - due to be completed in Seoul in 2015.

Read more: MVRDV architects reveal plans for South Korean buildings that look eerily like the Twin Towers exploding | Mail Online

I'm thinking the connection is some else seeing a connection that has no connection to what the designers were thinking.

Seriously, it's a free world career killer.

however

That's the coolest damn set of buildings I would never to in, b/c I'd be to afraid one of the offices that are sticking out would fall.

seriously, imagine trying to hire people to work on one of those rooms.

I'm thinking the connection is some else seeing a connection that has no connection to what the designers were thinking.

Seriously, it's a free world career killer.

however

That's the coolest damn set of buildings I would never to in, b/c I'd be to afraid one of the offices that are sticking out would fall.

seriously, imagine trying to hire people to work on one of those rooms.

I dunno... sometimes things are what they appear. I think that clearly was intended to evoke the image of the towers.

on the other hand, there's something kind of weirdly cool about them.

as for the bridge apartments, at Atlantis in the Bahams, they have a bridge suite which, back about 8 years ago when i was there, was about $25,000 a night. (no, i didn't stay in those rooms, denis rodman was in them when we were at the hotel).

most-expensive-hotel-rooms-in-the-world-Bridge-Suite-at-The-Atlantis-Paradise-Island-Bahama.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back