South Korea feels our pain

Once NoKo developed nukes that can strike the U.S., U.S. & SoKo's interested diverged.

SoKo wants a lasting peace, but the U.S. wants a return to the status as it was before NoKo developed the nukes.

Kim is taking advantage of this. He knows that SoKo will never agree to attacking NoKo.

My bet is that SoKo & NoKo will negotiate full recognition and normalization. NoKo will only agree to denuclearize if U.S. pulls it's forces out of SoKo.

Given enough time SoKo's political process will be taken over by NoKo. Kim will effectively rule all of Korea.

IF anyone deserves the Nobel it's Pres. Moon, but in the long run. SoKo is lost.

You were making sense until NoKo takes over SoKo....

Do you know the major advantages SoKo has.... I could see a deal where Kim would start releasing control while remaining very wealthy...

This would be more like the reunification of Germany, the East didn't rule none of that...

Comparing German reunification doesn't hold. The fact is that East Germans hated the Russians and visa versa, so when Germany reunited East Germans wer more than happy to let the West dominate.

SoKo has never been the happy capitalist democracy that we've been led to believe. But we only see the millionaires, not SoKo's working poor.

So like the left to Root for the enemy................Kim's actions and comments forced another show down..............

Pawn to Bishops 4.........your move................

Once NoKo developed nukes that can strike the U.S., U.S. & SoKo's interested diverged.

SoKo wants a lasting peace, but the U.S. wants a return to the status as it was before NoKo developed the nukes.

Kim is taking advantage of this. He knows that SoKo will never agree to attacking NoKo.

My bet is that SoKo & NoKo will negotiate full recognition and normalization. NoKo will only agree to denuclearize if U.S. pulls it's forces out of SoKo.

Given enough time SoKo's political process will be taken over by NoKo. Kim will effectively rule all of Korea.

IF anyone deserves the Nobel it's Pres. Moon, but in the long run. SoKo is lost.

This is possibly one of the dumbest things ever said on this message board, and there have been some dumb ones.

So the undeveloped hermit state will somehow take over an established capitalist republic?

korea_night1.jpg
Yup. Just like Putin took control of the U.S. Presidency.

Well we now have a new member of the "dumbest posters on USMB" club.

I'd put you at around JakeStakey stupid.

Do you have anything intelligent to say? If not, please STFU!

Please feel free to refutiate my statements if you can, but it appears that you do not have that ability, so you just toss out mindless insults.

As I said before Marty, try to think before you post. I know that your butt hurt after our last discussion....

Your statement doesn't require any refuting, because they are retarded.

Even thinking that Kim will one day rule the entire Peninsula is complete idiocy.

You are now approaching SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED levels of stupid.

You were making sense until NoKo takes over SoKo....

Do you know the major advantages SoKo has.... I could see a deal where Kim would start releasing control while remaining very wealthy...

This would be more like the reunification of Germany, the East didn't rule none of that...

One thing I forgot to include is that that Kim will demand, and get guarantees from the U.S. and SoKo that insures his and his families continued control of NoKo. He'll want a guarantee against 'regime change'.

That will absolutely solidify his control over NoKo and safe guard it against SoKo dislodging him and his family. This will mean that the fact that SoKo is so wealthy will not change anything in regard to Kim's control.

Trump has given Kim a higher status on the world stage, and Kim is exploiting that opportunity for all its worth.

That is the obvious downside to having a summit (or twitter war) with Kim and at least one reason we haven't done so in the past.

That's not helping me understand at all.

First, South Korea has never been the happy capitalist country you think it is. It has a long history of labor unrest and dissension. Many South Koreans feel that they've been living under a fascist dictatorship prop'd up by the U.S. since SoKos inception. Pres. Moon is probably the first that doesn't fit that description.

Secondly, Democracy is easily influenced by outside intervention AND special interests. If Kim is smart, NoKo will subtly start controlling SoKo politics until the SoKo government is just a puppet of NoKo.

Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to control a democracy than it is to dislodge a dictator.

And now you doubled down on the stupid.

So you don't believe that corruption and control by special interests ever occurs in a Democracy?

That doesn't translate to a starving hermit kingdom taking over a vibrant representative democracy.

And in the 0,0000% chance any SK politician even proposes such a surrender, the SK military would launch a coup quicker than kimchee runs through your digestive system.

When the entire wealth of that hermit kingdom is concentrated in the hands of a few, that few can apply a lot of influence.

The idea that any SoKo politician would every propose a surrender to Noko is silly. It's not what I said at all. NoKo's take over of the SoKo political process will be slow and subtle. A lot more subtle than Putin's recent take over of the U.S. Presidency.

No South Korean in their right mind wants a Kim in charge of their country.

Pure idiocy.

This is possibly one of the dumbest things ever said on this message board, and there have been some dumb ones.

So the undeveloped hermit state will somehow take over an established capitalist republic?

korea_night1.jpg

Please feel free to refutiate my statements if you can, but it appears that you do not have that ability, so you just toss out mindless insults.

As I said before Marty, try to think before you post. I know that your butt hurt after our last discussion....

Even thinking that Kim will one day rule the entire Peninsula is complete idiocy.

I'd guess that you are not very good at playing chess. You have no foresight whatsoever - and apparently believe that those who do are 'stupid'..

First, South Korea has never been the happy capitalist country you think it is. It has a long history of labor unrest and dissension. Many South Koreans feel that they've been living under a fascist dictatorship prop'd up by the U.S. since SoKos inception. Pres. Moon is probably the first that doesn't fit that description.

Secondly, Democracy is easily influenced by outside intervention AND special interests. If Kim is smart, NoKo will subtly start controlling SoKo politics until the SoKo government is just a puppet of NoKo.

Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to control a democracy than it is to dislodge a dictator.

So you don't believe that corruption and control by special interests ever occurs in a Democracy?

That doesn't translate to a starving hermit kingdom taking over a vibrant representative democracy.

And in the 0,0000% chance any SK politician even proposes such a surrender, the SK military would launch a coup quicker than kimchee runs through your digestive system.

When the entire wealth of that hermit kingdom is concentrated in the hands of a few, that few can apply a lot of influence.

The idea that any SoKo politician would every propose a surrender to Noko is silly. It's not what I said at all. NoKo's take over of the SoKo political process will be slow and subtle. A lot more subtle than Putin's recent take over of the U.S. Presidency.

Pure idiocy.

No American wants Putin running our country, but look where we are today!

Pure idiocy.

:abgg2q.jpg:

So like the left to Root for the enemy................Kim's actions and comments forced another show down..............

Having foresight doesn't mean rooting for the enemy. It means warning that there may be a whole lot more a stake than most people believe.

I'd bet Bolton would agree with me 100%.

korea_night1.jpg

I'd guess that you are not very good at playing chess. You have no foresight whatsoever - and apparently believe that those who do are 'stupid'..

You are just making things up out of thin air.

Stop it.

Pure idiocy.

Putin does not run the US
Putin does not control Trump

Stop being a delusional idiot.

Having foresight doesn't mean rooting for the enemy. It means warning that there may be a whole lot more a stake than most people believe.

I'd bet Bolton would agree with me 100%.
No one here thought that Jong would lift his skirt up and say do me..............There was a chance and that small chance was attempted..........and it still goes on.............

But I look at the MSM..........and the idiots like Pelosi...........and their comments.........all GIDDY IT FAILED.............are they happy that it didn't succeed........................................tells volumes........

Oh they'll use the standard if it had been us we'd have known better to enable Jong..............LOL

Political tools......ROOTING AGAINST OUR COUNTRY................Sanctions are still in place.............military training with S. Korea continue...........Nothing has changed.............NOTHING LOST.

Trump has given Kim a higher status on the world stage, and Kim is exploiting that opportunity for all its worth.
Higher status how? Does NK make more money now? Is Kim more well known? Do people around the world sympathize with him now? What higher status do you speak of?

Korean War Finally Ending, in Huge Victory for Peace Activists

I see only one 'Peace Activist' in that picture. The other guy is a brutal dictator - guilty of crimes against humanity in abundance.

And ..................what to do with the Fat Man...........3 Presidents have done nothing...............sanctions forever.........they continue............

What is your solution......................

I see only one 'Peace Activist' in that picture. The other guy is a brutal dictator - guilty of crimes against humanity in abundance.

And ..................what to do with the Fat Man...........3 Presidents have done nothing...............sanctions forever.........they continue............

My solutions depend on the reliability of U.S. anti-ballistic missile systems.

It would be better to live with a nuclear NoKo as long as our anti-ballistic missile systems are highly reliable, then to lose SoKo.

If those systems are not reliable enough, then it's time to acknowledge checkmate in only a few more moves.

"Our shame"? President Trump brought three prisoners back from a N.K. gulag without spending a dime and meanwhile talks with N.K. are still pending. What did we get when Hussein shipped boxcar loads of U.S. cash to Iran? Hussein didn't even have the balls to demand the release of a CIA agent who was held in Iran. That's shame.

My solutions depend on the reliability of U.S. anti-ballistic missile systems.

It would be better to live with a nuclear NoKo as long as our anti-ballistic missile systems are highly reliable, then to lose SoKo.

If those systems are not reliable enough, then it's time to acknowledge checkmate in only a few more moves.

No defense system can be a 100% guarantee............while our systems are becoming more accurate they are not fool proof....Not by a long shot.

Action was required against N. Korea because he kept shooting missiles off.........angering Japan to start arming up and getting ready for War......that is amazing to me.............as they have a yearly festival.....Black ship festival .........Honoring Peace................

Those actions have ended...........for the time being and some of our people are home now............We hope for the best and prepare for the worst........same as always..........but the Media hype isn't hoping for the best.........they are airing dirty laundry.

New Topics

Forum List

Back