South Korea Elects First Female President

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So, it looks like Park Geun-Hye will be South Korea's next president. Very interestingly, she is the daughter of Park Chung Hee, a former president who was a pretty brutal dictator but also established the framework for South Korea's remarkable economic growth. She will likely be a lot tougher than outgoing 'mouse' Lee.

Interesting stuff.

So, it looks like Park Geun-Hye will be South Korea's next president. Very interestingly, she is the daughter of Park Chung Hee, a former president who was a pretty brutal dictator but also established the framework for South Korea's remarkable economic growth. She will likely be a lot tougher than outgoing 'mouse' Lee.

Interesting stuff.

That is pretty cool.

Interesting stuff.

That is pretty cool.

Her old man was assassinated back in the 70s, so I guess she's hoping not everything runs in the family.

What are you guys arguing for? The North and South have been talking about about reunification for decades.

What are you guys arguing for? The North and South have been talking about about reunification for decades.

Talking. Not gonna happen until the regime in the North collapses.

I think the South is terrifed that the North is eventually going to collapse, and they will be stuck fixing the giant mess that results.

It will make the German Reunification look like a cake walk.

Talking. Not gonna happen until the regime in the North collapses.

I think the South is terrifed that the North is eventually going to collapse, and they will be stuck fixing the giant mess that results.

It will make the German Reunification look like a cake walk.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Forum List

Back