South Korea beats Greece 2-0 in 1st group match

xomputer

Rookie
Dec 9, 2008
South Korea opened their World Cup campaign on a high note today, beating Greece by a 2-0 margin and after the match coach Jung-Moo Huh commented on the magnitude of the result.

"The first game of any tournament is difficult, but my players really played very well, so I am very grateful," he said.

"We prepared thoroughly for this game and I would like to applaud my players for implementing what we planned."

The South Korean coach was cautious as well stating his side must keep their feet on the ground.

"We are just at the beginning now. We have more matches to play and we have to prepare for those games just as well."

He also discussed his tactical approach.

"When Greece tried to attack us, we were prepared for those attacks and when we were on the attack, we were very effective," he explained.

"If we had been just a little bit calmer, we might have been able to have an even better result," he lamented.

"But our approach was very effective. Our passing was very accurate and our movement was very effective as well."
World Cup 2010: South Korea Coach Jung-Moo Huh Delighted With Dominant Display Against Greece - Goal.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U22F-hxggM]YouTube - Korea Republic vs Greece 2-0 World Cup 2010 All Goals[/ame]

Forum List

Back