South Dakota man wants to crowdsource U.S.-Mexico border wall

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
More than 1,500 miles from Mexico, a South Dakota man has launched an effort to crowdsource funding to build President Donald Trump's border wall.

Terry LaFleur, of Sioux Falls, said he's frustrated by gridlock in Congress and the lack of action among Republicans in passing a tax to pay for the wall.

So he's taking the issue to the people.

"It's every American's responsibility to make sure our sovereignty is unviolated," LaFleur said. "He needs our help. He absolutely has to have our help to get it done."

LaFleur, who is running as a non-establishment Republican for South Dakota governor, said Monday that it is imperative that U.S. citizens raise money to help construct the wall in order to prevent illegal immigration.

There you have it. A Go Fund Me Campaign.

More than 1,500 miles from Mexico, a South Dakota man has launched an effort to crowdsource funding to build President Donald Trump's border wall.

Terry LaFleur, of Sioux Falls, said he's frustrated by gridlock in Congress and the lack of action among Republicans in passing a tax to pay for the wall.

"It's every American's responsibility to make sure our sovereignty is unviolated," LaFleur said. "He needs our help. He absolutely has to have our help to get it done."

LaFleur, who is running as a non-establishment Republican for South Dakota governor, said Monday that it is imperative that U.S. citizens raise money to help construct the wall in order to prevent illegal immigration.

No. Taxpayers have already paid for it twice, 3rd time's a charm!

If Congress doesn't get it done this time we'll string them all up high on Pennsylvania avenue, along with their predecessors going back to Carter.

I think that's a wonderful idea. Let all the xenophobes pay for the wall out of their own pocket instead of mine.

It's the responsibility of the government to wisely apply funds to pay for the wall, especially considering the costs involved each year in dealing with illegal immigrants in the country already. The primary objective of the government is to provide honest security for it's citizens.

This wall will literally pay for itself quickly and it will return the honour of those who guard the border with some support. Not one person in government should be against taking the necessary measures to enforce these federal laws. I'm astonished at how lax it has been for so long, I really am. You guys have been putting up with some insanity for some time.

A quick google and I found this link. I know nothing about this publication or it's reliability, there are others, but I post this:

Illegal Immigration Costs California $30.3 Billion A Year—17.7% Of State Budget | National Economics Editorial

In light of Donald Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigrants, it’s worth looking at the facts—how many illegal immigrants are there, and what do they cost America?

Lots. Almost $150 billion a year.

But this article focuses specifically on California, which is home to an estimated 27% of America’s illegal aliens.

You can read the full report on illegal immigrants in America here; I cover economics, crime, culture, and morality.

Illegal Immigrants Cost California $30.29 Billion A Year
Illegal immigrants and their children cost California at least $30.29 billion a year in net costs—$7,352 per alien.

For context: given that California’s state budget is $171 billion, this means that illegal immigration would cost 17.7% of this spending (although much of the costs are absorbed locally).

At this point, the question is no longer whether California ought to allow illegal immigration—it’s whether it can afford it.

Last edited:
I think that's a wonderful idea. Let all the xenophobes pay for the wall out of their own pocket instead of mine.

You do realize that's what's in the government's job description..

I've read multiple articles that say illegal immigration is down 80 to 90% just from them knowing that our laws are now being enforced. There is no reason to build a wall.

You do realize that's what's in the government's job description..

I've read multiple articles that say illegal immigration is down 80 to 90% just from them knowing that our laws are now being enforced. There is no reason to build a wall.

It wouldn't hurt. It's already been paid for twice and was supposed to be built as a

result of Reagan granting 3 million illegals amnesty. He made a deal with his

Congress.

Congress went back on their word..shocker!

Clinton got some building done.

But they save its celebrity residents and corps at least that per year in cheap labor. Lol
It's the responsibility of the government to wisely apply funds to pay for the wall, especially considering the costs involved each year in dealing with illegal immigrants in the country already. The primary objective of the government is to provide honest security for it's citizens.

This wall will literally pay for itself quickly and it will return the honour of those who guard the border with some support. Not one person in government should be against taking the necessary measures to enforce these federal laws. I'm astonished at how lax it has been for so long, I really am. You guys have been putting up with some insanity for some time.

A quick google and I found this link. I know nothing about this publication or it's reliability, there are others, but I post this:

Illegal Immigration Costs California $30.3 Billion A Year—17.7% Of State Budget | National Economics Editorial

In light of Donald Trump’s crackdown on illegal immigrants, it’s worth looking at the facts—how many illegal immigrants are there, and what do they cost America?

Lots. Almost $150 billion a year.

But this article focuses specifically on California, which is home to an estimated 27% of America’s illegal aliens.

You can read the full report on illegal immigrants in America here; I cover economics, crime, culture, and morality.

Illegal Immigrants Cost California $30.29 Billion A Year
Illegal immigrants and their children cost California at least $30.29 billion a year in net costs—$7,352 per alien.

For context: given that California’s state budget is $171 billion, this means that illegal immigration would cost 17.7% of this spending (although much of the costs are absorbed locally).

At this point, the question is no longer whether California ought to allow illegal immigration—it’s whether it can afford it.

I wonder if white liberals could make mexico great

If Congress doesn't get it done this time we'll string them all up high on Pennsylvania avenue, along with their predecessors going back to Carter.

Mexicans said the check was in the mail?

Well, they said the Mexicuns wuz gonna pay for it, well it looks like they'll pay for it themselves.

Couldn't they be strung up high simply because they continue to suck?

Eminent domain is going to be a huge issue. Some ranchers want the wall. Some don't.
When you start looking at smaller pieces of property, these folks are all kinds of pissed off just like they were in 2006.

Another issue is the amount of money made in border towns from both Americans and Mexicans.

I would really like to see TYS laws in place which I think would help dramatically in the future.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back