South Dakota bill would legalize murder

People call it a fetus so that they don't have to consider that it is actually a child. If you abort a child... well, that sounds like killing a child. So call it something different to make it more acceptable. It's a baby. A child. A human being. Abort it if that is your decision but don't pretend it's not a human being. Coward.

No, it's not. Not until it can think for itself. Up until that point it is a collection of cells that has the potential to be a human being.

Just like every sperm and egg have the potential to be human beings.

By your logic, a woman commits murder every time she has a period, and a man commits mass-murder every time he "loses mastery of his domain".

Now, if you're talking about late-term abortions, where the fetus has brain waves, and is in fact a full living being, then I'm with you; but a first-term fetus is NOT a person. No matter how many times you say it is, it is not.

Now, again, this is not a top issue of mine, but I am frankly sick and tired of the hyperbole on this issue. Give it an effing rest already. It's time to reach a compromise on this and be done with it already.

Newborn babies do not think for themselves, nice of you to admit that you do not think they are human.

Newborn babies have brainwaves that control motor function. They move and cry appropriately in reaction to various external stimuli.

That is otherwise known as "thinking". Sure, it's not Einstein-ian level thinking, but it is thinking nonetheless.

And that is MUCH different from a blob of cells sitting in a woman's ovaries that has the potential to develop into something else.

So, again, please, enough with the hyperbole.

You really are an idiot.

How is killing in the defense of another human being murder? Only a complete idiot would say this makes killing doctors legal, and only a nutcase would believe it.
:confused: In your opinion killing abortion providers is justifiable homicide?

How is that question germane to a discussion of the law you are talking about? Does that law specifically say it is justifiable homicide to kill doctors who are preforming medical procedures, or does it simply allow a person to kill in defense of an unborn child? I have already made my position on murder, and terrorism, abundantly clear in other posts on this forum and I am not going to repeat it, or justify your idiotic position by treating it like it is based in any way, shape, or form, on reality.
So don't answer...

I've always said it would be a justifyable homicide to take the life of a politician who has voted for a war in which people have been unjustly murdered.

It would certainly be a determent to further pointless invasions.

But, I digress... the bill's author is a moron. A fetus is not a person.

To me, a fetus IS a person....but to others it isnt....

So as a conservative, who am I to tell others what to do with their bodies.

The issue here is not whether a fetus is a person or not. The issue is, should a lawmaker propose a law that allows one citizen to murder another, merely because the lawmaker feels that, under the circumstances of the killing, it is justified.

Talk about a slippery slope. What's next? A law that makes it OK to kill a dope peddler? A child molester? A robber? A person who commits identity theft? A bookie? A petty thief?

I've always said it would be a justifyable homicide to take the life of a politician who has voted for a war in which people have been unjustly murdered.

It would certainly be a determent to further pointless invasions.

But, I digress... the bill's author is a moron. A fetus is not a person.

To me, a fetus IS a person....but to others it isnt....

So as a conservative, who am I to tell others what to do with their bodies.

The issue here is not whether a fetus is a person or not. The issue is, should a lawmaker propose a law that allows one citizen to murder another, merely because the lawmaker feels that, under the circumstances of the killing, it is justified.

Talk about a slippery slope. What's next? A law that makes it OK to kill a dope peddler? A child molester? A robber? A person who commits identity theft? A bookie? A petty thief?

Well, that's what abortion does.

Nah, just the unborn.

Forum List

Back