South Carolina governor's plane use questioned

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
According to state budget law, "Any and all aircraft owned or operated by agencies of the State Government shall be used only for official business."

Records reviewed by the AP show that since he took office in 2003, the two-term Republican has taken trips on state aircraft to locations of his children's sporting events, hair and dentist appointments, political party gatherings and a birthday party for a campaign donor.

And the gOP wants to bitch about government waste and spending? Can you say hypocrite?

S.C. governor's plane use questioned - More politics- msnbc.com

According to state budget law, "Any and all aircraft owned or operated by agencies of the State Government shall be used only for official business."

Records reviewed by the AP show that since he took office in 2003, the two-term Republican has taken trips on state aircraft to locations of his children's sporting events, hair and dentist appointments, political party gatherings and a birthday party for a campaign donor.

Sanford should have ethics charges brought against him and shunned out of a public life for his shenanigans. This being just the latest in the series of embarrassments he has brought upon himself and his family

And the gOP wants to bitch about government waste and spending? Can you say hypocrite?

Fail.

You must first show how the majority of GOP is coming to his defense for this latest crap.

You must first show how the majority of GOP is coming to his defense for this latest crap.

Simple has the so-called leader of the GOP, aka Michael Steele, asked him to step down?

Silence is not a defense.

It sure as hell ain't much of an offense either. If one of your own is disgracing your party, why not throw him out?

You really don't know how these things work, do ya?

You can't "throw someone out of the party". There's no such thing. For either party. You can't tell someone "You must unregister as a Republican".

You can't "throw someone out of the party". There's no such thing. For either party. You can't tell someone "You must unregister as a Republican".

Of course you can. The RNC and the DNC are both PRIVATE oranizations. This is why they are allowed to keep Independents like me from voting in state primaries. As private organizations, they are allowed to do anything they want with their members.

Of course you can. The RNC and the DNC are both PRIVATE oranizations. This is why they are allowed to keep Independents like me from voting in state primaries. As private organizations, they are allowed to do anything they want with their members.

Really. You can stop people from registering as a Republican or a Democrat. Really.

I think I'll just repost what you said. Nothing else I can say would embarrass you more:

Of course you can.

I think I'll just repost what you said. Nothing else I can say would embarrass you more:

Do you end all of the debates you lose in this manner? Or do you sometimes stomp your feet and cry too?

Do you end all of the debates you lose in this manner? Or do you sometimes stomp your feet and cry too?

LOL.

I think I'll repost it again. Seriously. You can't top what you said for stupidity

Of course you can.

The Republican Party of Marathon County has stripped its spokesman of his title less than three months after he wrote a column critical of conservative talk radio star Rush Limbaugh.
Advertisement

Kevin Stevenson said he believes his March guest column in the Wausau Daily Herald criticizing Limbaugh turned local party members against him.

"They felt I was too moderate in what I was speaking and printing," he said.

Stevenson, who characterizes himself as a "John McCain-type of Republican," said the conflict was a microcosm of a national debate about what political message to put forward. A debate at a local Republican meeting on Thursday "got hostile and it got personal," he said.

It's called Google. Try it sometime.

Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:27:59 PM by SmithL

NASHVILLE — Over the weekend, Republican National Chairman Michael Steele ventured into Tennessee House Speaker Kent Williams’ backyard in upper East Tennessee and pledged to oust Williams next year.

The Kingsport Times-News quoted Steele as saying: “I got a bull’s eye right on his back and we’re taking him out.”

Williams is the second-term legislator and Elizabethton restaurateur who stunned fellow Tennessee Republicans when he joined the House’s 49 Democrats in voting for himself for speaker Jan. 13 to defeat his own Republican Caucus’ nominee.

For that, the Tennessee Republican Party declared he was no longer a member of the GOP and could not appear as a Republican on next year’s ballot. Williams responded to the state party chairman by designating himself a “Carter County Republican.”
This afternoon, he responded to the national GOP chairman’s attack by saying that as House speaker for 4 months, he has upheld core GOP principles on small business, gun rights, anti-abortion issues and small government — while putting partisan rhetoric and distractions behind to focus on the priorities of Tennesseans.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-gop/2258635/posts
I suppose you see where I am going with this?

Last edited:
Posted on Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:27:59 PM by SmithL

NASHVILLE — Over the weekend, Republican National Chairman Michael Steele ventured into Tennessee House Speaker Kent Williams’ backyard in upper East Tennessee and pledged to oust Williams next year.

The Kingsport Times-News quoted Steele as saying: “I got a bull’s eye right on his back and we’re taking him out.”

Williams is the second-term legislator and Elizabethton restaurateur who stunned fellow Tennessee Republicans when he joined the House’s 49 Democrats in voting for himself for speaker Jan. 13 to defeat his own Republican Caucus’ nominee.

For that, the Tennessee Republican Party declared he was no longer a member of the GOP and could not appear as a Republican on next year’s ballot. Williams responded to the state party chairman by designating himself a “Carter County Republican.”
This afternoon, he responded to the national GOP chairman’s attack by saying that as House speaker for 4 months, he has upheld core GOP principles on small business, gun rights, anti-abortion issues and small government — while putting partisan rhetoric and distractions behind to focus on the priorities of Tennesseans.

I suppose you see where I am going with this?

you need to post a link, or the post will be deleted per board policy.
thank you.

Forum List

Back