South Carolina Democrats Are Dead Beats & Perhaps More

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
GREENVILLE, South Carolina (AP) -- South Carolina Republicans say the Democrats owe them beer money.

In April, Anheuser-Busch Co. -- based in St. Louis, Missouri -- wrote a $5,000 check intended for the state Republican Party.

Instead, the envelope was addressed to the state Democratic Party, which promptly deposited the money.

Now, state GOP leaders say the South Carolina Democratic Party needs to return the beer money they are owed.

Democrats say the check is in the mail.

Katja Zastrow, Anheuser-Busch's regional director of governmental affairs in Washington, said in an e-mail statement that the check went astray "through a series of administrative oversights."

She said the company is working with both parties to resolve the situation.

Democrats say they have sent a refund check back to Anheuser-Busch: "Nobody should expect us to write a check to the Republican Party," said Lachlan McIntosh, the Democratic Party's executive director.

The GOP said the refund was sent only after it threatened a lawsuit.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/08/sc.beermoney.ap/index.html

---

Series of administrative oversights. Right. You know they saw who the check was made out to and laughed all the way to the bank.

You could almost say they took the money knowing it didn't belong to them.

What is that called again? When you take something that isn't yours?

South Carolina Democrats are deadbeats.
Isn't it the Republicans who are organizing a movement to make the state a "Christian " government? It sure as hell isn't the Democrats.
And...how come I never hear Got Zoom ever take a republican to task?
A little partisan are we?

Beefheart said:
Isn't it the Republicans who are organizing a movement to make the state a "Christian " government? It sure as hell isn't the Democrats.

I am partisan. Proud of it.

However, if someone does something that I feel is wrong, I will say so.

I am quite sure there are some Republicans out there who should be taken to task. Point one out, and if I agree with you, I'll tell you.

Beefheart said:

Which Republicans are organizing a movement to make SC's government a theocracy? They must have a front organization.

I was unaware there were enough Republicans in favor of theocracy to implement it anywhere. I personally don't know any, and the only ones I'ever heard of are the same vague group Dems keep harping about.

Forum List

Back