South Carolina Bill Would Criminalize Obamacare

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Sometimes I just can't help but wonder if there are more crazy people in the world than there are sane people...and by how wide a margin.

Hey, it's ONE thing to be against Obamacare. I get that. But when members of any state legislature introduce a bill that would, if passed, actually attempt to jail people for implementing a law that was passed by Congress and later upheld by the Supreme Court, I would say that the sanity of those legislators is seriously in question.

South Carolina is considering outlawing Obamacare.
Five Republican South Carolina state representatives introduced a bill last week that, if passed, would send people to jail for trying to implement the Affordable Care Act in South Carolina.

Under the bill, federal officials, employees and contractors implementing Obamacare could face a jail sentence of up to 5 years, and state officials and employees implementing Obamacare could face a jail sentence of up to 2 years.

Calling Obamacare unconstitutional, the "South Carolina Freedom of Health Care Protection Act" declares that the law "is invalid in this State, is not recognized by this State, is specifically rejected by this State, and is null and void and of no effect in this State."

Didn't they try this shit in 1861?

They lost then and will lose this one

Sometimes I just can't help but wonder if there are more crazy people in the world than there are sane people...and by how wide a margin.

Hey, it's ONE thing to be against Obamacare. I get that. But when members of any state legislature introduce a bill that would, if passed, actually attempt to jail people for implementing a law that was passed by Congress and later upheld by the Supreme Court, I would say that the sanity of those legislators is seriously in question.

South Carolina is considering outlawing Obamacare.
Five Republican South Carolina state representatives introduced a bill last week that, if passed, would send people to jail for trying to implement the Affordable Care Act in South Carolina.

Under the bill, federal officials, employees and contractors implementing Obamacare could face a jail sentence of up to 5 years, and state officials and employees implementing Obamacare could face a jail sentence of up to 2 years.

Calling Obamacare unconstitutional, the "South Carolina Freedom of Health Care Protection Act" declares that the law "is invalid in this State, is not recognized by this State, is specifically rejected by this State, and is null and void and of no effect in this State."

Hey! The Sanctuary Cities don't uphold duly legislated law, why don't you give SC a pass same as you give the Sanctuary Cities? Asswarp!

The south is a scary place...

I actually spent some time in SC. I did my Basic and AIT there when I was in the service. Didn't spend much time off post in Columbia though. However, I once was proposition by an incredibly overweight woman who I assumed was a pro. She scared the hell out of me, and >I< was a soldier.

Spent a couple of short vacations on the southern coast of Texas a few years ago. Once while driving down the freeway at night, someone threw something off a bridge onto the windshield of my rented car. I think it was a beer bottle. I had to got to Texas on vacation for that to happen to me because nothing like that has ever happened to me any place I've lived.

They tried this in Pennsylvannia and George Washington rode in and said you must obey federal laws.

Last edited:
Obama care passed, was upheld in the top court in our land. People like the state of south Carolina, willow tree free dumb becki avatar will never catch up with the rest of us.

The states created the Fed - not the other way around. They should be able to tell them to fuck off if they want - especially when Obamascare was forced on a society who mandated against it!

Forum List

Back